Sheltering In Place-Official Thread? (3 Viewers)

RichMahogany

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
It has been just over 7 hours since our local shelter in place order has gone into effect.

My hope is that this thread will be a place to share your thoughts, experience, tips, advice, and even frustrations with those who might soon have to shelter as well.

No politics, and no covid-19/coronavirus talk please. I want this to be about the human experience. How are you planning to spend your time in and how are you feeling about it?

South Bay reporting... WfH is very hard as a manager. But not commuting is sooooooo nice!

2 quick pics from yesterday afternoon. One pic mine, another from a friend off of FB

49941BFB-25AF-469A-9844-C92C9A3E0675.jpeg

8A336D1F-A734-488B-A62A-BF853FFFB0F5.jpeg

It has been just over 7 hours since our local shelter in place order has gone into effect.

My hope is that this thread will be a place to share your thoughts, experience, tips, advice, and even frustrations with those who might soon have to shelter as well.

No politics, and no covid-19/coronavirus talk please. I want this to be about the human experience. How are you planning to spend your time in and how are you feeling about it?
What’s on the schedule for tu casa? Board games, video games, reading, etc

What’s on the schedule for tu casa? Board games, video games, reading, etc

I’ll tell you this much, my place is going to be the cleanest and most organized it’s been in a long while :)

I live alone so staying sane and entertained for 3 weeks is going to be tough. Video games, some online poker, yoga/weights/body weight exercises to try to stay fit and healthy.

I have so much carb heavy food stashed away that I’ll need to do something to keep the lbs off. I feel like I’ll also need the endorphins and stress relief to help me stay sane.

FaceTime with family and friends will also be a priority to stave off loneliness and boredom.

Probably read a lot too. Try to learn something/expand my mind with TED talks and podcasts .

Plenty of edibles too haha. They help during yoga with my focus

Last edited:
Packing and cleaning out our old place and finishing up projects at the new one. I'm concerned about being able to rent a U-Haul next weekend, so we may be relegated to a trailer and SUVs in multiple trips. New house is in the shelter-in-place zone in Contra Costa county, we just want to get moved in so we can shelter hahaha

My kids schools are now shut until 10th April. I'm also working from home - since they've been out last week for spring break and have been home alone for most of last week, they're now ready to kill each other. I'm spending more of the day breaking up fights than working.

The son and I are stuck at home. My wife has to work at a Pharmacy so just the two us. I also have a Golden Tee added since this picture. The home Theater is not in the picture, but arcade games will be played and movies will be watched that is of course once all School work is done.

ARCADESHOT.jpg

Moved computer desk and computer to garage = social distancing from teenage son who games.

Purchased a few more dumb bells and placed them in garage for exercising along with some kettle balls a friend loaned me a few years back.

Going for walks more than once a day to get outside.

Not allowed to have alcohol before 5pm Monday - Thursday, still figuring out what is appropriate for Friday.

Broke down and purchased a PS4 for family this past weekend. Should arrive by end of the week. Purchased 4 games.

Don't think this is only going to last 3 weeks. Trying to see this an adventure.

Lots of work Zoom calls.

We are still working here in MD, all dine-in restaurants and bars have closed for up to 8 weeks. Only carry out/delivery remains. Gas stations and general stores are still open, most are closing early and opening late for cleaning and restocking. I dont expect they will be open much longer. Small businesses are all closed.
We have total madness, grocery shelves totally wiped out, people stealing toilet paper, beer stores totally bought out (I think those have closed as well except drive thru style)
Pet food stores are wiped out as well
We stocked what we could and are prepared for what may come.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom