Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Looking for a rack or two of Santa Ysabel $1’s

Attachments

• F787C452-5F9E-42F9-85EE-4C320B0D8637.jpeg
    F787C452-5F9E-42F9-85EE-4C320B0D8637.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 73
Yeah I tried to buy a rack from him and someone beat me to it

Sad to see them go but they went to a great chipper. I hope your power is back!
Hah, yes it is! It was out for 5 days. Basement stayed pretty cool, so I don't think the chips were affected.

Let's hope @joeyshin and @CDKL can make a deal. For 2 racks, I think that's a great price.

I'm in the middle of an inlay replacement on some JACK Detroits, which are also RHC (but probably a bit newer than the Ysabels). Feel free to hit me up with questions. If you want to go inlay replacement, there's some great videos here and some great write-up on paper vs vinyl here.

For over-labelling, some nice pictures here of what it looks like and a brief discussion on some pros/cons.

Which method is best for future cleaning purposes? And I will have to find someone to design artwork for the label

Here's a summary of some of the quotes on inlay vs over-label from my thread:
I'll let others weigh in here, but IMO, you don't lose much by overlabeling an RHC chip as you would a THC molded chip. I'm very happy with how the overlabled RHC chips stack, sound, and play. Overlabeled THC's from those that attempted it, have all reported calamitous results, and inlay replacement is the best way (and only way) to change up the inlay of a THC molded chip.
The Jack primary $25 are plentiful enough and cheap enough that I would highly suggest doing an inlay replacement vs an overlabel.

Since they are a newer chip they shouldn't be difficult to do. I can experiment on one this weekend if you are genuinely curious.
Inlay replacement > Label over. Always and forever. The only times i can see otherwise is if its an old/historical chip in which case save the history. Label over look completely fine for RHC chips but you can always tell there is a label on top which irks me a little. Inlay replacement is much more clean and natural looking, especially if the rest of the set is normal.

As for your question:
Which method is best for future cleaning purposes? And I will have to find someone to design artwork for the label

I suppose that depends on how you plan to clean them. I would always expect that inlay replacement is safer to clean, but I could be wrong. As for artwork, it depends. I would reach out to @Gear to see if he's already got artwork to match the Bahamia. If not, then yes, you'd probably need to find someone to provide the artwork for you. Plenty of great artists here.

Hmmm... in thinking twice about this, I would definitely expect inlay replacement to be safer to clean. With over-labels, there's no laminate because it would make it too thick, so I expect it would be susceptible to water. With an inlay replacement, the labels are laminated, so that should provide more protection.

Hmmm... in thinking twice about this, I would definitely expect inlay replacement to be safer to clean. With over-labels, there's no laminate because it would make it too thick, so I expect it would be susceptible to water. With an inlay replacement, the labels are laminated, so that should provide more protection.
So would it be difficult to remove the existing inlay?

I have been brainstorming a full label replacement and reading up on it over the past few days. This is one of my bookmarks I found, but like everything, it appears everyone has their own preferred method and advice. Best to blend and find what works best for you.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ment-tutorial-thread.31535/page-3#post-645514

Yup; I used a modified version of @allforcharity and @grantc54 methods that seemed to work for me. Or maybe I should say, "seemed to work best for the chips I was currently murdering"

But at about ~6 hours/rack murdering + ~2 hours/rack labelling, you're looking at between 16 and 18 hours for 200 chips. Breaking that up, it's a good chunk of a month if you do it at night after everyone goes to sleep. It's laborious, for sure. And I don't think I could ever do it for 1000 chips. But for 100 to 200 fracs, it's a neat project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom