Sample Label Kits (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for asking! They are printed on white vinyl, with a SAMPLE stamp, the type of material, a price/denom, and "gearlabels.com" in metallic silver (40% tint.)

White background set:

sample glossy unlam.png sample matte unlam.png
sample smooth lam.png sample textured.png sample glossy matte.png

Black background set:

black sample matte - unlam.png black sample glossy - unlam.png
black sample glossy - smooth lam.png black sample glossy - textured lam.png black sample glossy - matte lam.png

Last edited:
I realize that this question is a reason to get samples, but I'm assuming the unlaminated labels are thinner than the laminated ones, and that all the laminated are similar thickness and the unlaminated are similar in thickness.

I realize that this question is a reason to get samples, but I'm assuming the unlaminated labels are thinner than the laminated ones, and that all the laminated are similar thickness and the unlaminated are similar in thickness.

Good question, thanks for asking. That is mostly correct - the unlaminated labels are thinner than laminated, but not quite the same.

glossy vinyl - 4 mil
matte vinyl - 3 mil
laminates - 4 mil

e.g. glossy vinyl plus matte laminate = 8 mil

However I would encourage anyone to get samples and try them out on the actual chips you plan to label. It's the best and easiest way to know for sure.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I think I might have to try these out. Expect payment for a sample shortly.

Received, thanks! Your samples will be on their way tomorrow.

Chris, those are simply brilliant. Any chance of getting a second sample set with black (or dark) background? Additional cost no problem.

Thanks! Yes, good idea. I will make up a black-background-white-text set (same cost.)

Last edited:
the unlaminated labels are thinner than laminated, but not quite the same.

glossy vinyl - 4 mil
matte vinyl - 3 mil
laminates - 4 mil

e.g. glossy vinyl plus matte laminate = 8 mil

However I would encourage anyone to get samples and try them out on the actual chips you plan to label. It's the best and easiest way to know for sure.

OK, I know there must be a good reason for this, but why not matte vinyl with lamination? It could save a mil, and adhesion would be at least as good - is this a resolution through the adhesive issue?

OK, I know there must be a good reason for this, but why not matte vinyl with lamination? It could save a mil, and adhesion would be at least as good - is this a resolution through the adhesive issue?

It's more about brightness of colors. The matte vinyl looks good on its own, but after lamination it's a bit too muted. Conversely, the glossy is very shiny without being laminated, but looks good with lamination.

Adhesion is the same in either case. I had some 3-mil glossy vinyl, and when I bought some more I got a different type because it had a gray backing, which is better for opacity vs. the graphics underneath. In terms of saving a mil, you're right, but in most cases 1 mil isn't going to matter that much. What I mean is, if your chips have room for lamination, then both 3-mil and 4-mil will likely fit.

At some point in the future I will likely have 3-mil glossy vinyl again. (Could be sooner than later if you have a project in mind that would need it.)

That's also one of the reasons I'm offering a $5 discount (the cost of the sample set) if you place an order within 30 days. I don't want to end up in the situation where someone is ordering labels based on samples they got 18 months ago - the same media might not be available any more.

That's also one of the reasons I'm offering a $5 discount (the cost of the sample set) if you place an order within 30 days. I don't want to end up in the situation where someone is ordering labels based on samples they got 18 months ago - the same media might not be available any more.

I consider ordering within 18 months to be lightning fast. I'm more of a glacial guy.

Hello K-A,

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "a sample on 1 model to label".

100 labels would cost USD $10 for unlaminated, or USD $15 for laminated. But, please remember that you need two labels per chip, so 100 labels would only be enough for 50 chips.

Hello K-A,

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "a sample on 1 model to label".

100 labels would cost USD $10 for unlaminated, or USD $15 for laminated. But, please remember that you need two labels per chip, so 100 labels would only be enough for 50 chips.

i send a mp for you

mp doesn't work for send a pic

i need a label for this :
30vecqekdm.jpg

write in black ... and peuharps 25 c or 25 cents

price for 100 label ? and price for shipping in France -Europe

i need a label for this :
View attachment 4530

write in black ... and perhaps 25 c or 25 cents

price for 100 label ? and price for shipping in France -Europe

I'm very sorry but I'm still not sure what you are asking for. Do you want to put a label on that chip? or make a label that looks like that chip, but to put on something else?

If you mean create a label that looks like the hotstamp, you would have to get permission from the person who owns that design. I don't know who that is - Apache? Paulson/GPI?

Assuming the artwork is OK, 100 labels would cost $10 USD for unlaminated, or $15 USD for laminated. Shipping to France would cost about $5 USD.

I'm very sorry but I'm still not sure what you are asking for. Do you want to put a label on that chip? or make a label that looks like that chip, but to put on something else?

If you mean create a label that looks like the hotstamp, you would have to get permission from the person who owns that design. I don't know who that is - Apache? Paulson/GPI?

Assuming the artwork is OK, 100 labels would cost $10 USD for unlaminated, or $15 USD for laminated. Shipping to France would cost about $5 USD.

hello, I would like to label this chip 25c written on it.
I would use these chips with a label stuck on it.

I think that there has to ask permission because I make the change to "valeurxx" c (c percents).
$ 10 $ 5 for shipping ok? for 100 label

I see your thinnest label stock is 3 mil. Can you do 2 mil vinyl? Would you advise against it? Also would it be possible to get a sample set of all one kind (matte, unlaminated) ?

$6 paypal sent for an order to 3337, VIC Australia.
thanks

On its way tomorrow! Sorry for the delay.

I see your thinnest label stock is 3 mil. Can you do 2 mil vinyl? Would you advise against it? Also would it be possible to get a sample set of all one kind (matte, unlaminated) ?

I'm in the midst of sourcing some 2 mil vinyl, and hope to be able to offer that soon. One of the reasons I don't have it to start with is that I thought it would be useful only rarely -- that is, it doesn't make a lot of sense if you're laminating it anyway, since if you have enough room for 2 mil plus laminate then you probably have enough room for 3 mil plus laminate. If you're making unlaminated labels, 2 mil is possibly not enough, depending on what you're applying it to. It's certainly more difficult to handle, being thinner, and more likely to stretch/fold/distort during handling & application. Also it's less opaque if you're covering something up, and it's less thick so any surface imperfections will be that much more visible.

HOWEVER if you're putting unlaminated labels on, say, RHC Paulsons which have quite a smooth face, 2 mil would be fine. Also it occurs to me that it could make sense to laminate 2 mil vinyl labels after all, if saving 1 mil in overall thickness lets you use laminated instead of unlaminated in a borderline case.

I hope that's comprehensible. In any case, I'm going to have 2 mil vinyl soon.

As for sample sets, the point was kinda to offer a variety of finishes so you can compare them and decide what's best for your needs, since it can be hard to know or describe exactly "how glossy" the glossy media is, or what the textured media actually feels like, for instance.

That said, if you just want a set of say, 20 matte-unlaminated labels, sure, I can do that. Send me an email with the size (diameter) and preferred background color and I'll get something together for you.

HOWEVER if you're putting unlaminated labels on, say, RHC Paulsons which have quite a smooth face, 2 mil would be fine. Also it occurs to me that it could make sense to laminate 2 mil vinyl labels after all, if saving 1 mil in overall thickness lets you use laminated instead of unlaminated in a borderline case.

I hope that's comprehensible. In any case, I'm going to have 2 mil vinyl soon.

As for sample sets, the point was kinda to offer a variety of finishes so you can compare them and decide what's best for your needs, since it can be hard to know or describe exactly "how glossy" the glossy media is, or what the textured media actually feels like, for instance.

That said, if you just want a set of say, 20 matte-unlaminated labels, sure, I can do that. Send me an email with the size (diameter) and preferred background color and I'll get something together for you.

Thanks for the reply. I asked about 2 mil exactly for the reason you stated. Chips have a very shallow area to label so I'd need the thinnest labels you can do. Keep us posted on when you'll be able to get the 2 mil stock. I will wait untl then to get samples, but I'm pretty sure that's what will work on my chips.

Thanks for the reply. I asked about 2 mil exactly for the reason you stated. Chips have a very shallow area to label so I'd need the thinnest labels you can do. Keep us posted on when you'll be able to get the 2 mil stock. I will wait until then to get samples, but I'm pretty sure that's what will work on my chips.

OK, will do. What kind of chips are they, if you don't mind me asking?

OK, will do. What kind of chips are they, if you don't mind me asking?

BCC MGK mold blanks. There is a recessed center, but shallow. I tried a regular sticker on them and it was too close for comfort. 2 mil should work with a little breathing room.

BCC MGK mold blanks. There is a recessed center, but shallow. I tried a regular sticker on them and it was too close for comfort. 2 mil should work with a little breathing room.

Good to know. I don't have any samples to compare, so I can't say for sure one way or the other. I'll try to get some, for measurement's sake.

BTW - I apologize for the delay(s) in my responses. For some reason I get notifications about new posts in other threads, but not this one. (???)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom