Ruling Request!! (1 Viewer)

Ayo, just had someone pull this last night. Went to one of those free pub games again and someone raised me: grabbed a barrel of blacks, brought it way out watching me, and dropped 2 off the bottom. Mentioned it to the dealer but its free lol, not going to push the issue.
Seems like a fairly standard way of betting the days. I think it’s lazy and sloppy and angle-shooty and I don’t like it one bit. But I’ve come to accept it as legal bet.

Seems like a fairly standard way of betting the days. I think it’s lazy and sloppy and angle-shooty and I don’t like it one bit. But I’ve come to accept it as legal bet.
I getcha. The laziness doesn't get me, the fact that he's a tryhard at a free tournament and was looking to catch me annoyed me lol, he made it obvious that he was watching me and dropped one.....then two a second later.

This was the second free bar tournament I went to with a neighbor after telling myself to try it one more time; nope. Waste of time. (not just cause the silly bet, dont care that much, but its just run badly and I don't want to bother heading out on a weekday anymore)

I getcha. The laziness doesn't get me, the fact that he's a tryhard at a free tournament and was looking to catch me annoyed me lol, he made it obvious that he was watching me and dropped one.....then two a second later.

This was the second free bar tournament I went to with a neighbor after telling myself to try it one more time; nope. Waste of time. (not just cause the silly bet, dont care that much, but its just run badly and I don't want to bother heading out on a weekday anymore)
Yeah my days of bar poker ended very soon after they began. But as @Kyle points out most of those people were there for different reasons than me, so no surprised it didn't work out.

Not all gross misunderstandings are subject to correction. That sounds like the correct ruling.

btw the absolute last person who I would defer to in that situation is Player A. TD played it right by stepping back and examining the facts holistically.

To answer your other questions, I don't have a lot of sympathy for those who handicap themselves. Wearing headphones and texting are both self-imposed. Do it at your own risk.

Chatting up the cocktail server is different. To make it more obvious, let's change the example to one where the player looks away to tip the cocktail waitress. We don't want to disincentivize that, and so we can consider it in our evaluation of the circumstances.

What you suggested with your hyperbole is that we insta-muck an OOT fold from a BB who thought he was UTG because the physical button was misplaced, at no fault of his own, because a fold is a fold. You won't convince me that it is "bad for the game" or otherwise a slippery slope to push his cards back and correct him.

There are two types of people: the "hurr durr rulez is rulez" type and those who learned the correct lessons from "Air Bud", a movie that children grasp. The former are not welcome at my game, and we fill up every time it runs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom