Royal Class Cash Set (1 Viewer)

MrRossKeys

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
After completing my first custom order of tournament chips (see signature for link), I decided to take a break from the poker tool and poker forums..........

YEAH RIGHT!!! :LOL: :laugh:

Like most of you I can't stop playing around with ideas!

This time around, I decided to first spend a lot of time studying other designs and aesthetics of what I like and dislike about poker chips and inlay artwork. There are a lot of great chips out there, but creating a complete set without overlapping chip colors, look, and feel is really difficult.

I've always been a fan of using the same edge spot pattern for each chip in a set, and I started this set using the 4Q12 spot on all of the denoms... but this time around I wanted to challenge myself to make each chip unique by varying the edge spots slightly on all of the chips.

I'm ready to share this mockup, which is version 181 of these set of chips.

When it comes to how "dark" "light" or contrasted" the chips are... I am purposely making these chips opposite their traditional exposure levels (.25¢ and $100 = light chips) ($1, $5, $20 = dark chips).

When it comes to color combos, I'm open to suggestions.

When it comes to edge spot combos, I love what I have but also open to suggestions.

Of course you guys are great about offering your opinions, and I appreciate the feedback, though certain aspects of this set are made up in my mind.

Anyways, happy May day, and go pay your rent. :cautious:
Royal Class Cash Fun2.png

Last edited:
Nice set. The only thing that jumps out at me is the $1 chip. I would put the light blue and gray across from each other rather than beside each other. In real life the colors are very close to each other and it would almost be like putting the same color spots side by side.

Nice set. The only thing that jumps out at me is the $1 chip. I would put the light blue and gray across from each other rather than beside each other. In real life the colors are very close to each other and it would almost be like putting the same color spots side by side.

Nice call! Will update

Here's another idea with updated $1, $5, and $100... with more traditional chip colors.

387b0695-0a70-4ecb-bacd-5448ff5219c6.png

This is finally a design I absolutely love!

I've got similarly styled $1 and $20 chips (which I LOVE these edgespots), and similarly styled 25¢ and $100 chips... and finally got the $5 chip to the right brightness/color levels! I tend to really like blue's and purple's and dislike green's so I really tried to make sure there was enough green and orange shades in this set.

Also, I realize I needed more white, so the edgespot for the $1 chip makes more sense. Overall I'm jazzed about this design!

Royal Class Finally love it.png

Um... the $1 from post #6 is the bomb. Pick those! :LOL: :laugh:
Darn, hahaha, I like them both a lot....

That's the problem now... I've got multiple designs I like, and depending on the moon's position, I go back and forth. Oh well, time to wait a week and come back with fresh eyes.

Updated inlay design with bolder cleaner graphics. Going to enlarge the heart and crown...

f4cb39c7-d798-465b-9b41-a3a56f24ab73.png

Spoke to David yesterday and he mentioned that the "plain mold" had a short turnaround time, like 6 weeks, and I'm like, yea I'll go ahead and splurge on a new cash set. Seeing how well the tourney set turned out, I decided to use what I liked about that set, but also make sure this set was unique. Specifically I loved how the inlays turned out in the tourney set and how the fade to black gradient made the entire chip look awesome. I decided on a full black background to help the colors pop, and really wanted to go with a "fun" and "vibrant" set of chips.

Order is placed and now patiently waiting for more goodness!

PS. I know blue is a standard color for a $1, or $10 chip, but I did not want to make my frac purple... and I dare not change the $1 yellow sunshine happy carnival chip.... and the blue even's the set out so nicely... so there it is :)

06D06382-751D-47F7-BDF8-464BA1C0FC93.png
8863D6E2-D54A-4CE9-A510-E4A7DD0E06DA.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom