Vendor Sale Rounders & other movie & Celebrity chips for sale. (1 Viewer)

David Spragg

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I have a whole bunch of Movie Prop and other Celebrity stuff for sale. Need to trim my collection down to one of each after my wife happened to see some of the prices these things fetch. (Just don't dare tell her that I actually paid MORE than I am offering them for in many cases!)

Yes, I was one of the first people that jumped on Rounders props when they appeared around 20 years ago.
Yes, I perhaps stupidly paid up to $500 a chip at that time and then continued to accumulate for years after!

So I'm going to make a whole series of posts over the next couple of days to see what I can shift. I know some of these have sold for up to twice what I'm asking in recent times, I'm just trying to be reasonable. Anyone interested in anything please either email me at david.spragg@zen.co.uk or PM me.

1st lot below:
$1, $25 & $500 Chesterfield - I have one each of these only - $150 each shipped. (just noticed one inlay slightly bubbled on the $500 so just $50 shipped for that one). ALL THREE are SOLD.
$1 KGB I have 10 available at $130 each shipped ALL SOLD
$5 KGB I have 11 available at $130 each shipped ALL SOLD
$25 KGB I have 6 available at $130 each shipped ALL SOLD

3 color HHR promo set - I have one black and one red left at $30 each shipped.
$100 roman promo chip I have 8 available at $25 each shipped 1 SOLD, 7 LEFT
$500 roman promo chip I only have one - $50 shipped SOLD
Gray HHR promo chip I only have two - $50 shipped 1 SOLD, 1 LEFT

Now the kicker - I do not know how this happened. My original purchase included 8 each $100 and $500 KGB. Look close, the $100 is on the $500 colors and vice versa. They told me 'that's how they were received'. Anyone ever seen that before?
So on those 16 chips (f**k knows how much I paid), make me an offer for one or all or whatever. 2 PAIRS SOLD, 6 LEFT

Lastly, I have a framed set of 5 KGB as they should be, plus the $100 roman promo. I'll sell it for $700 plus the cost of shipping from Buffalo (I can get it to there), or simply $700 for the 6 chips on their own and the frame goes in the trash. FRAME IS SOLD

movie1.jpg
movie2.jpg

Last edited:
Were the KGB $1s and $5s actually used in the film? Don't remember ever seeing them on the tables — interesting that they were ordered, if that was the case.

Were the KGB $1s and $5s actually used in the film? Don't remember ever seeing them on the tables — interesting that they were ordered, if that was the case.
They were ordered but I have no clue if they were ever shown. Everyone has always assumed they were.
I'm aware of several movies where half the denoms never made it to the set, one of which I can't mention as it's not released yet. If the one I was physically involved in is anything to go by, the Director made the call over what he would use when he saw how they looked on camera at the start of filming. 7 denoms ordered, 3 used as is, one repainted by the prop guys and used, 3 discarded.

They were ordered but I have no clue if they were ever shown. Everyone has always assumed they were.
I'm aware of several movies where half the denoms never made it to the set, one of which I can't mention as it's not released yet. If the one I was physically involved in is anything to go by, the Director made the call over what he would use when he saw how they looked on camera at the start of filming. 7 denoms ordered, 3 used as is, one repainted by the prop guys and used, 3 discarded.
Oooooh, another poker film on the horizon? Exciting!

Edit:

Deleted. I can’t read

Technology is no longer there. Those craftsmen have died out. Even if we had the master die (which we don't) the estimate for a replacement 10 years ago was $75,000.
any other molds heading towards the same fate we should be aware of incase we are thinking of ordering a set of customs anytime soon?

any other molds heading towards the same fate we should be aware of incase we are thinking of ordering a set of customs anytime soon?
DSQ, HCE and the Crowns are the most worn. Only about 60% of the original cups still usable. Will still be good for a while but they'll just get more expensive as they become less productive and have more rejects.

I also have one of each of the "error" swapped inlay chips. One $100 chip with the $500 label and one $500 chip with the $100 label.

Also massively overpaid for a few not error originals :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I also have one of each of the "error" swapped inlay chips. One $100 chip with the $500 label and one $500 chip with the $100 label.

Also massively overpaid for a few not error originals :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Interesting. I wonder how many errors made it to the set. In fact I wonder if anyone even noticed.
Do not talk to me about overpaying lol Back then I think I had an unlimited number of credit cards.

I have a whole bunch of Movie Prop and other Celebrity stuff for sale. Need to trim my collection down to one of each after my wife happened to see some of the prices these things fetch. (Just don't dare tell her that I actually paid MORE than I am offering them for in many cases!)

Yes, I was one of the first people that jumped on Rounders props when they appeared around 20 years ago.
Yes, I perhaps stupidly paid up to $500 a chip at that time and then continued to accumulate for years after!

So I'm going to make a whole series of posts over the next couple of days to see what I can shift. I know some of these have sold for up to twice what I'm asking in recent times, I'm just trying to be reasonable. Anyone interested in anything please either email me at david.spragg@zen.co.uk or PM me.

1st lot below:
$1, $25 & $500 Chesterfield - I have one each of these only - $150 each shipped. (just noticed one inlay slightly bubbled on the $500 so just $50 shipped for that one). ALL THREE are SOLD.
$1 KGB I have 10 available at $130 each shipped ALL SOLD
$5 KGB I have 11 available at $130 each shipped ALL SOLD
$25 KGB I have 6 available at $130 each shipped ALL SOLD

3 color HHR promo set - I have one set - $100 shipped for the set
$100 roman promo chip I have 8 available at $25 each shipped 1 SOLD, 7 LEFT
$500 roman promo chip I only have one - $50 shipped SOLD
Gray HHR promo chip I only have one - $50 shipped SOLD

Now the kicker - I do not know how this happened. My original purchase included 8 each $100 and $500 KGB. Look close, the $100 is on the $500 colors and vice versa. They told me 'that's how they were received'. Anyone ever seen that before?
So on those 16 chips (f**k knows how much I paid), make me an offer for one or all or whatever. 2 PAIRS SOLD, 6 LEFT

Lastly, I have a framed set of 5 KGB as they should be, plus the $100 roman promo. I'll sell it for $700 plus the cost of shipping from Buffalo (I can get it to there), or simply $700 for the 6 chips on their own and the frame goes in the trash. FRAME IS SOLD

View attachment 1061572View attachment 1061573
Any other movie props? Please PM if so

would of took the 3 rounders chips and 2 of the chesterfields. Have some decent chips to trade as well . Also live in the uk . If you come across any more send me a pm please

Technology is no longer there. Those craftsmen have died out. Even if we had the master die (which we don't) the estimate for a replacement 10 years ago was $75,000.
I find this so interesting, considering my (amateur) understanding is that overall manufacturing processes have only been improving through history, and I would have guessed that it would only get easier and cheaper to replace something like that, not harder and more costly. “Technology is no longer there” is not a phrase I ever expected to see!

Understanding that much of this process is rather proprietary, do you know of anywhere I can read more about the process to sate my curiosity?

I find this so interesting, considering my (amateur) understanding is that overall manufacturing processes have only been improving through history, and I would have guessed that it would only get easier and cheaper to replace something like that, not harder and more costly. “Technology is no longer there” is not a phrase I ever expected to see!

Understanding that much of this process is rather proprietary, do you know of anywhere I can read more about the process to sate my curiosity?
Read about line engraved postage stamps and their printing plates. Similar way that the master dies are made.
Then, the hobs "wrong way up" are created pretty much like master coin dies are.
Then cups are created from the hobs is the same way as coin dies (I think they call them planchets or something like???)
So I doubt anything exists in writing specific to the chip dies but the processes above are similar.

In addition to David's info in the post above this one, a much more generalized version of the production process is here:

https://www.antiquegamblingchips.com/mfgchip.htm

What missing is a clear written description of what's going on between the photos. Before 1, a sheet of clay is produced and (1) is punched out. After (1), the slots for the spots are punched out and the actual spots are punched out of another blank. Step 2 is done by hand to make (3). The cups that make the mold design are applied between step (4) and (5).

I'm 99.95% sure I have the order here correct. I'm sure David will chime in to deservedly scold me if I'm incorrect.

In addition to David's info in the post above this one, a much more generalized version of the production process is here:

https://www.antiquegamblingchips.com/mfgchip.htm

What missing is a clear written description of what's going on between the photos. Before 1, a sheet of clay is produced and (1) is punched out. After (1), the slots for the spots are punched out and the actual spots are punched out of another blank. Step 2 is done by hand to make (3). The cups that make the mold design are applied between step (4) and (5).

I'm 99.95% sure I have the order here correct. I'm sure David will chime in to deservedly scold me if I'm incorrect.
The question related to how a mold is made, not a chip.
Btw, nothing is punched out from sheets of clay, not sure where that came from.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom