Vendor Sale Rounders & other movie & Celebrity chips for sale. (1 Viewer)

The question related to how a mold is made, not a chip.
Btw, nothing is punched out from sheets of clay, not sure where that came from.
My misunderstanding on step one then it seems, and I happily stand corrected.

I made that comment as I saw a photo here once (maybe in the gallery, but I can't find it a quick scan there) of sheets of what was purported to be clay for chips before the blanks were produced. It's possible this rumor has spread as a result of that???

My misunderstanding on step one then it seems, and I happily stand corrected.

I made that comment as I saw a photo here once (maybe in the gallery, but I can't find it a quick scan there) of sheets of what was purported to be clay for chips before the blanks were produced. It's possible this rumor has spread as a result of that???
It’s planked into sheets for convenience and storage yes, but the sheets are heated and cut up and placed into plain molds to produce slugs. Nothing is punched out.

Technology is no longer there. Those craftsmen have died out. Even if we had the master die (which we don't) the estimate for a replacement 10 years ago was $75,000.
"Those craftsmen have died out..." Or they have retired and taken the knowledge with them. That is the unfortunate case in several different fields. I deal with it constantly. Things people used to be able to do with a lot less technology 50+ years ago, can't be done as accurately with more technology in 2023. Very interesting to hear your experience with this.

Stars are : Margot Robbie & Ryan Gosling it’s set in the 1960s. Basically a reboot of the original film. Before the 2000s Clooney remake.

They were ordered but I have no clue if they were ever shown. Everyone has always assumed they were.
I'm aware of several movies where half the denoms never made it to the set, one of which I can't mention as it's not released yet. If the one I was physically involved in is anything to go by, the Director made the call over what he would use when he saw how they looked on camera at the start of filming. 7 denoms ordered, 3 used as is, one repainted by the prop guys and used, 3 discarded.

Not actually a poker film but you'll like it. We are talking blockbuster. I honestly signed an NDA on this until the release which got put back a year until end of 2023.
Screenshot_20231004_122315_Gallery.jpg

1696383222264.png

is this the blockbuster you were referring to?

The base color of the 50 and 100 look off from anything you all offer. For instance, the 50 seems lighter/brighter than DG Green or Lt Green.

Is the photo exposure just mis-representing the colors?

The base color of the 50 and 100 look off from anything you all offer. For instance, the 50 seems lighter/brighter than DG Green or Lt Green.

Just Wes's color filtering. Watch any of his movies and almost every scene has color editing to either fade or brighten a couple of prominent colors.

It looks like there are singles of this chip available? If so I'll take one.

1697118267204.png

Btw I should have said that the 50 is not green at all, it's white. Same as the spots on the 25 chips. Everything in that scene was shot through a green filter.

Watched “21” the other night and I noticed Paulson Classics during the last blackjack scene.

And on Netflix is an awful Vegas movie w Michael Douglas and Morgan Freeman, filmed at Aria, with real Aria high denim chip’s including the flags and cranberries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom