Rounders Labels? (1 Viewer)

Jake14mw

Flush
Reaction score
I have a set of China clay greek key mold chips that I am trying to make my own labels for. People have warned me that these chips are brittle, and I might get annoyed with them shedding dust. So, I am looking to make simple/cheap labels for them. I don't want to spend a lot of time or money on them if the chips don't work out. I thought maybe the rounders labels as they are mostly white and don't use as much ink! Does anyone have any art for rounders labels that they can share? I'm open to other ideas for simple labels as well. Thanks!
IMG_20210422_072015366_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210420_124524160_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure @Gear has art for Rounders labels, and he does excellent work. He currently has a bit of a waitlist right now though...

I'm sure @Gear has art for Rounders labels, and he does excellent work. He currently has a bit of a waitlist right now though...
Yes, I'm sure he has Rounders like labels, and I already have another order in the queue for him, but these chips are worth 5 cents each, I can't see putting 30 cent labels on them! :)

Yes, I'm sure he has Rounders like labels, and I already have another order in the queue for him, but these chips are worth 5 cents each, I can't see putting 30 cent labels on them! :)
I disagree...
1619720124357.png

1619720225369.png

IMG_0381.JPG

1619720420915.png

2020-03-09 14.53.19.jpg

Are they as nice as Paulson's or CPC? Of course not. Can I afford 5 sets of custom Paulson's or CPCs? No.

So I make due with cheap chips and quality Gear labels.

I disagree...
View attachment 689018
View attachment 689020
View attachment 689021
View attachment 689022
View attachment 689023

Are they as nice as Paulson's or CPC? Of course not. Can I afford 5 sets of custom Paulson's or CPCs? No.

So I make due with cheap chips and quality Gear labels.
It's not so much that I paid 5 cents for them, the issue is that people are saying they are brittle and break, and I may wind up hating them. I am just trying to make some simple cheap labels for now. As I said, I have another order in with him for other chips, so I know his labels are great. Your chips look great by the way!

It's not so much that I paid 5 cents for them, the issue is that people are saying they are brittle and break, and I may wind up hating them. I am just trying to make some simple cheap labels for now. As I said, I have another order in with him for other chips, so I know his labels are great. Your chips look great by the way!
Admittedly, I have no experience with the greek key China clays you have. I do know they have been around a long time. I also know from other china clays that if breaks in half, it can be glued and near impossible to find once returned to play. Note: the glue goes infer the label area. Any glue squeeze-out is never visible through a vinyl label.

The chips were sold to you for five cents. They're worth whatever you think they are, and they'll be worth a lot more to you with high-quality labels on them.

That said, I'm working on a similar project - labeling my spirit molds - and I get the reluctance to spend several times more on labels than you did on chips. I'm gonna start with self-designed, self-printed labels, but only for a small subset. After a while, I'll decide to either finish the set using the cheap option, or spring for a better design from a pro and better labels from Gear. No need to decide up front.

The chips were sold to you for five cents. They're worth whatever you think they are, and they'll be worth a lot more to you with high-quality labels on them.

That said, I'm working on a similar project - labeling my spirit molds - and I get the reluctance to spend several times more on labels than you did on chips. I'm gonna start with self-designed, self-printed labels, but only for a small subset. After a while, I'll decide to either finish the set using the cheap option, or spring for a better design from a pro and better labels from Gear. No need to decide up front.
That's exactly what I plan on doing!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom