Roars from the Lion's Den (1 Viewer)

A few pics from last Friday night's tournament.

Bill "I run like God" @Chippy McChiperson started out strong and rolled through a strong field of 16, beating @MrBo who finished in 2nd place.
Chippy won an unprecedented 13 bounties (out of 22), and gave credit to his new lucky Halloween chip.

IMAG0009.jpg

@PhilLaFond continues his lucky streak finishing in the money, but not before hitting a 2-outer against the host. KK < JJ when Mr. Lafond spikes a J on the river after being all-in on the turn

IMAG0007.jpg

In other news, we're hoping to have Chippy's new set of "Bill's Bluff Haus" chips ( http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bills-haus-of-bluff-sample-set-order-thread.14200/ )available for the next cash game in November, so if you're in the neighborhood (probably 11/11), feel free to come on by.

@PhilLaFond continues his lucky streak finishing in the money, but not before hitting a 2-outer against the host. KK < JJ when Mr. Lafond spikes a J on the river after being all-in on the turn

I'm no expert, but this picture doesn't seem to match the hand history?

Hand of the night for me was when my :kd::td: > Chippy's aces on a :ad::th::jd::qd::qs: board... except for the fact that everyone folded pre to Chippy's 3-bet and the dealer decided to run out the board just for fun! And so my royal flush virginity continues :rolleyes:

Hand of the night for me was when my :kd::td: > Chippy's aces on a :ad::th::jd::qd::qs: board... except for the fact that everyone folded pre to Chippy's 3-bet and the dealer decided to run out the board just for fun! And so my royal flush virginity continues :rolleyes:

You can't win if you don't get it in!

OOpss... youi're right... wrong picture... this was obviously 2 players getting all-in on the flop, both with KK

Friday night cash game to initiate @Chippy McChiperson new Haus of Bluff chips. We also welcomed @joeyshin (call me "Shin") to the game. He was a long way from home, but glad he made it and hope he makes it back. Just one table last night, but a lot of fun with the regular players. We expeccted @PhilLaFond but apparently he imbibed a bit too much and was not allowed to drive. We offered to pay for an Uber, but he declined graciously.

Not many hands of distinction... Chippy made a straight flush along the way and never lost a showdown that I recall... he was definitely had his run-good on last night. I guess it's only fair since these were his chips in use for the first time

Be sure to check out Chippy's pics of his growing stacks http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bills-haus-of-bluff-debut-the-lions-den.15915/#post-285267

@kirchhausen , @krafticus and yours truly also posted nice wins

Starting $100 stacks for 0.25 / 0.50 NLHE -- 20 x 0.25, 20 x 1.00 and 15 x 5.00. Never got any of the bigger denoms in play :unsure::(
IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

We let Chippy win the first hand of the night

IMAG0030.jpg

We also let him win the first all-in hand of the night. Got to be nice to a guy who just bought a great chip set with the last of his savings

IMAG0032.jpg

Last edited:
I excelled at putting my chips in bad, and hitting the river hard. sorry again @joeyshin . only won about 5 pots, but they were all big ones, twice felting a player.

Sometimes it is just better to be lucky than good.

Mark

Now that the unofficial holiday hiatus is over, it's time for an update from the Lion's Den

The January cash game on Friday the 13th attracted more than 10 players, most of them regulars and PCFers including @Chippy McChiperson . @krafticus , @MrBo , and @kirchhausen ,
We got some final thoughts on the Lion's Den 5-cent chip and chose the Gray / Lavender chip. Dave at CPC says the DSQ mold is scheduled for February, so looking to get these relatively shortly. We'll use them for some micro-limit circus games

A couple of pics from last night...

Krafticus' chips being protected by Charlie Brown.
MarkAndCharlieBrown.jpg

The big winner for the night was Craig. Here he wins a big pot from Chippy after calling down with AQ on a board of low cards, spiking a Q on the river to crack Chippy's JJ.... Chippy was not amused :sick:

Craig.jpg

Here he wins a big pot from Chippy after calling down with AQ on a board of low cards, spiking a Q on the river to crack Chippy's JJ.... Chippy was not amused :sick:

I think it was the other way around - Craig 4-bet pre and continued to barrel every street as Chippy laid the trap and then got 6-outed. Craig might also have picked up a flush draw when the 3rd spade hit the turn, but probably not :)

I think it was the other way around - Craig 4-bet pre and continued to barrel every street as Chippy laid the trap and then got 6-outed. Craig might also have picked up a flush draw when the 3rd spade hit the turn, but probably not :)

Sorry about that... In any case, it was ugly :eek:

AA cracked in the tournament by AK that hit the gutshot broadway on the river
AA cracked in the cash game by KT that spikes a river K.

:mad::eek::(:sick:

The February 0.50 / 0.50 cash game attracted a record 15 players! The usual MD crowd from PCF plus a couple new players. It's good to get some new blood in the game

With 15 players we split into tables -- one NLHE table and one NLHE / PLO table.

GroupShot.jpg

Early on @krafticus flopped a straight flush and got paid off. Unfortunately his original $100 buy-in had shrunk to ~$20, so not a big pot. For some reason, he asked the host if he should reload and unwisely followed the host's advise to play short :rolleyes::(

Str8Flush.jpg

Meanwhile over at the PLO table, @Buffalo contemplates a big bet by Russian Steve

Bufffalo.jpg

Buffalo makes the call and rivers a flush to overtake Steve's set of 2s, winning a big pot and become the big stack.
Not sure of the pot $$, but think I heard "pot-repot-repot", ... maybe someone from that table can add details

BuffaloWinsBigPot.jpg

A couple of hours later, @Chippy McChiperson ends up with the big stack for the night

BillWinne.jpg

Next game is tournament time... the new Happy Valley Poker Club chips will be in play. If you're in the area and want to play, just drop me a PM

Dennis

Fellow Penn Stater here. Nice table felts and chips! My basement is known as the "Old State Club". ;) I used to have a weekly game cash game years ago and I started getting the band back together this past summer. I wish I could get a game as often as you though.

In any event...

I found this company a few months ago and bought a whole bunch of signs to decorate. Don't know if you heard of them but thought you might be interested

http://jmbsigns.com

Fellow Penn Stater here. Nice table felts and chips! My basement is known as the "Old State Club". ;) I used to have a weekly game cash game years ago and I started getting the band back together this past summer. I wish I could get a game as often as you though.

In any event...

I found this company a few months ago and bought a whole bunch of signs to decorate. Don't know if you heard of them but thought you might be interested

http://jmbsigns.com

Old State ... thanks for the link. I may have to make another sign or two, but the walls are getting pretty full :)

As Chippy noted above, the Happy Valley Poker Club set made its debut at the Lion's Den Last night. We maxed out the tournament at 20 players and the cash game afterward went until 2:30am... god I'm tired. We did see an influx of some new players which is always a good thing

The cash game doesn't start until the tournament is down to 1 table of 10, so on nights like this there are a couple of early bustouts waiting around. Naturally @krafticus , @PhilLaFond (who was in rare form by the way), @Chippy McChiperson and others urged me to look for a small round table to put in the next room beside the stationary bike and the treadmill... these guys are gamboooolholics. I actually texted a guy know who has a round table and whose game has dried up... stay tuned

Starting stacks --- 12 / 12 / 5 / 6
A little confusion at first with the blue 100s (which look AMAZING when oiled) and the 100s, but after a short time it was all good

IMAG0409.jpg

A small pot early on

IMAG0411.jpg

@kirchhausen gets crippled when he is all-in preflop with 55 vs AQ bs 88.
Rick flops a boat on a 577 board, only to see a 3rd 7 on the river to lose to the 88 with a bigger boat

IMAG0417.jpg

Finally my own little bad beat story... I've been short all night, finally get it in with 55 vs AK... flop is 10 high... .Q on the turn, J on the river
Now I'm waiting for the cash game

HostOut.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom