RFID chips set with betting pads (1 Viewer)

It’s a fun idea and I will 100% credit them with having a playable breakdown for 6 players at 120/100/40/40/20. I’ve never seen that.
But they’re liars!
FF79F6D5-9852-432C-8DD1-03BD2B240D05.jpeg

Ambitious and all, but this already exists. It’s called online poker.

This thing says it can provide certain data in real time

IMG_20221031_192154.jpg

As far as I am concerned, this is a cheat device. I would never allow it. If it goes to production and I see it at a game, I will never go there again. I know people will tell me that this is what online players do all the time. It is also why I don't play online.

Going to take a shot and say it's quite likely this would just create a lot of headaches, bugs, and overall be more of a headache than it's worth.

Not to mention how bad those designs look....

Is that for any specific reason (say, knowing betting stats)? What if it just showed the pot and stack sizes?
Everything about it is a cheat device. The card rooms around me won't even tell you the pot size unless it is a pot limit game. This device is designed to replace the human brain with a computer. Playing live is all about using your brain. Using an electronic device to assist you at the table ........ Not good.

I asked out of curiosity because these would be a lot cheaper than RFID kits I've seen.
Screenshot_20221031-194939_Gmail.jpg

I would much rather have RFID enabled chips than cards, especially after Postle and Lew incidents. In my home games, those hero calls happens every hour. But with chips you can't cheat, no matter what @tabletalker7 claims. :p
It would also be useful and beneficial for players looking to improve their play. However, I am a bit skeptical to their technology. First of all, I don't like playing to through the app which is more or less the core of their product/service. Also, getting live stats isn't really something I'd be looking for, but rather a summary the next day. I'm more worried about the quality.

Problem with RFID chips and antennas is the number of chips you can read, and the height of stacks. I think @lib tested this and could ready a 20-high chipstack. More than that and it becomes unreliable. I doubt they even handle 20-high chip stacks which might be why they have so many but few denoms.

Isn't it Abiatti who makes RFID chips that sells custom chips to everyone? I would prefer (thin) RFID labels so I could go with Paulsons though. Or CPC. I think they're not thin enough yet though, so it would be spinner/wobbly city. I guess that would solve the max 20-chip stack problem though. ;)

Everything about it is a cheat device. The card rooms around me won't even tell you the pot size unless it is a pot limit game. This device is designed to replace the human brain with a computer. Playing live is all about using your brain. Using an electronic device to assist you at the table ........ Not good.
Imagine playing against an opponent who asked everytime how much someone had in their stack before betting or wanted to look at each opponents stack to work out how much they had and or how much was in the pot before betting.

This is simply a time saving aid for those who choose to use it. This is not CHEATING.

I wonder how we can take all the joy and character out of a friendly home game? Wait. I know!
I beg to differ. This would actually improve a friendly game. Especially since no one has to keep track of everything. Its there for everyone to see.

At my friendly games the biggest challenge we have is keeping the game moving becuase everyone is too busy chatting, drinking, eating or whatever. I usually end up becoming the dealer for the whole night just so people can relax and not have to follow the game so closely but still get to play poker.

Usefulness of such a device was previously discussed
Lots of money spent... And for what? Who is going to watch it?

It could also be a security feature. Probably not this set, but you could have unique ID on every chip and then whitelist all your chips. If someone brings a chip or 10 from outside, it would/could be immediately flagged.

Imagine playing against an opponent who asked everytime how much someone had in their stack before betting or wanted to look at each opponents stack to work out how much they had and or how much was in the pot before betting.
I used to. All the time. After about an hour of it, everyone at the table would call the clock the instant he started his crap. It ended quickly.

At the end of the day, if one thinks its a good thing and will enhance their game for the price then go for it. If one doesn't think is a good thing and will be a detriment to their game then ignore.

I think the main thing we can actually all agree upon is how shitty the chips are. To get the perceived benefit, most members here would have to take a step backwards in terms of "chip quality". So that's probably going to be a deal breaker for most.

@Gear any chance that rfid labels could be made to give our chips that capability?

Imagine playing against an opponent who asked everytime how much someone had in their stack before betting or wanted to look at each opponents stack to work out how much they had and or how much was in the pot before betting......
Sounds to me like a player that would be asked back next time

This is simply a time saving aid for those who choose to use it. This is not CHEATING.
I don't have an issue about cheating or no, but to me there is just no place in a live game for something like this

I beg to differ.....
I guess I can agree to disagree

....This would actually improve a friendly game.......At my friendly games the biggest challenge we have is keeping the game moving......
This is exactly why I disagree. I would lay odds that this sort of thing would slow the game down even more

Sounds to me like a player that would be asked back next time
what if they had medical reasons for struggling to remember certain information or follow things? Do you just exclude those people from a home game?

I get for a serious game why people would be against it but there are use cases where it could be considered an aid for certain people. To me its akin to having an automatic shuffler to speed up a game especially in a home game where people dont really know how to shuffle.

This is exactly why I disagree. I would lay odds that this sort of thing would slow the game down even more
What odds are you laying? lol. I know 100% that tech like this would speed up the action of some of my home games. :bigbucks:

This is just like when they came out with a Monopoly board game with no cash - just an electronic module that debited and credited each player’s account.
They can eliminate the chips and the cards altogether but there will still be groups of us who will clandestinely gather in darkened rooms and play the old school way. But then eventually we’ll all die off and the rest of you will be playing virtually on your VR contact lenses (or maybe you’ll just all have some chip implanted that will send the game direct to your brain) and life (and poker) will go on, albeit boringly.

what if they had medical reasons for struggling to remember certain information or follow things? Do you just exclude those people from a home game?
If someone has medical reasons for why their brains don't work right? ........ Yeah they are excluded. I don't take advantage of the handicapped. I find that morally reprehensible.

I'm sure people had the same arguments when going from cash to chips. "It's not the same without cold cash on the table!".

Not sure how much interest will there be for this, I will rather invest in other stuffs before I consider RFID Chip with Betting Pads

Felt like a pretty meek

I'm very interested in RFID chips and antennas in the table but I doubt these guys can provide a good enough solution. I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

As I said earlier, the issue is reading many chips in a stack. Secondly, it's getting good chips with RFID - either integrated or preferably thin labels so I can use murdered Paulsons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom