Resurrection of the TR King Small & Large Crown molds!! (3 Viewers)

Random sampling of various chips within reach of the recliner (avg weight in grams):

Gemaco lammer mold -- 8.5g
CPC large crown -- 8.5g
CPC scrown mold -- 9.0g
TRK scrown mold -- 9.0g
Paulson THC mold -- 9.6g
Sun-Fly 43mm hybrid -- 10.0g
Milk chocolate poker chip -- 7.0g

Not all-encompassing or scientific, but totally honest. :D

Random sampling of various chips within reach of the recliner (avg weight in grams):

Gemaco lammer mold -- 8.5g
CPC large crown -- 8.5g
CPC scrown mold -- 9.0g
TRK scrown mold -- 9.0g
Paulson THC mold -- 9.6g
Sun-Fly 43mm hybrid -- 10.0g
Milk chocolate poker chip -- 7.0g

Not all-encompassing or scientific, but totally honest. :D

I assume the TRKs you grabbed weren't old school leaded? My Nevada Lodges weigh between 11 to 11.5g ea, as do my other old school TRKs. The only TRKs I have that weigh less are the newer home set chips like Deadwoods and Rounders (which have always been a rung or three below the others for my tastes).

IMG_20181012_211743.jpg

IMG_20181012_211805.jpg

IMG_20181012_212022.jpg

I grabbed a pile of five Kings Crown chips. Afaik, all TRK chips contain lead -- I don't think the formula ever changed.

I grabbed a pile of five Kings Crown chips. Afaik, all TRK chips contain lead -- I don't think the formula ever changed.

I don't know much about their process. I just weighed the old school vs new school and noticed a difference.

IMG_20181016_221745.jpg
IMG_20181016_221730.jpg

Those are some minty TRKs. If BG's are "within reach of the recliner", they may have more shuffling time on them.

I don't know much about their process. I just weighed the old school vs new school and noticed a difference.

View attachment 208516View attachment 208517

Huge variance in weight on TRK's. I found some here varying from 8g ish (actually lighter than ours) to 11.5g.
Nothing I ever saw in their old records indicated there was an option on weight like their was in the old days of Burt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom