Repairing Shuffle Tech ST-1000 (1 Viewer)

Riomaa

High Hand
Reaction score
I bought a broken ST-1000 at a huge discount. Figured it was a power supply issue or burnt out component. Smoked upon plugging in. Opened it up and saw a blown capacitor. No idea what size or whatever though. Has anybody opened up their shufflers and taken pictures by any chance? Or is willing to open it up and take a picture? There doesn't seem to be any kind of warranty sticker or component that will be hard to put back.

I bought a broken ST-1000 at a huge discount. Figured it was a power supply issue or burnt out component. Smoked upon plugging in. Opened it up and saw a blown capacitor. No idea what size or whatever though. Has anybody opened up their shufflers and taken pictures by any chance? Or is willing to open it up and take a picture? There doesn't seem to be any kind of warranty sticker or component that will be hard to put back.
Can you see the cap? It should have identifying marks on it.

Can you see the cap? It should have identifying marks on it.
No, the shell is completely gone. I'm guessing someone opened this up, removed whatever they found loose (the shell with the label), then gave up and put it back together.

I sent one of my shufflers back to shuffle tech. I blabbed on here about a few years ago. It was a costly affair beinf Canadian and all.

They fixed it but it cost moneyyyyy. If your serial number on the bottom of it checks out they will be able to tell you if they can fix it or not. Likely you’ll end up spending.

Unless you or someone you know is an expert I would personally not try surgery unless you are willing to see it die (worst case).

It's a repairable serial number. My worst case scenario plan was that it would still be a reasonable total cost if I sent it in.

I'm well versed in electronics. I'd have a hard time fully killing this. There are multiple ways this can be repaired. Knowing the exact capacitor is the quickest, cheapest, and cleanest fix.

What exactly do you need? I have one, I could try to take a look but I don't want to do any damage.

What exactly do you need? I have one, I could try to take a look but I don't want to do any damage.
Hey. Sorry for the late reply--was away for the New Years. I appreciate the willingness to help. There are roughly 9 external screws that remove the bottom cover. You pull that off and there is a set of wires coming from the main unit to a power supply board that is screwed into the bottom cover. A single screw removes that board. Then I just need a picture of the capacitors on the board. I don't believe anything is fragile or of any risk to damage in opening or closing. I'm more than happy to take very detailed photos with step by step instructions. I can also take the time to do it live over video with you.

That all said, not a HUGE rush. I've learned that the reason this unit failed was that somebody put a way bigger power supply on it and burned out some additional parts. 2 of the motors are completely dead. They don't look the most accessible either. I need to see if the board that controls them is even working completely anymore. So I've got some testing to do anyways to make sure the remainder of the unit is repairable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom