Relabeled Spirit Molds (1 Viewer)

Yeah it looked like he got them pretty close. I sent chip samples to my GD so I'm pretty sure she'll be able to match them up. I was just hoping to take the guesswork out of the equation :)

@SeanGecko @MG20 Did you guys have any difficulty removing the old labels from the blue chips? They peeled right off the other colors but the blue ones are being stubborn SOBs.

Did you soak them in warm water or something to get the glue to soften up? Any advice you can dispense would be much appreciated.

@SeanGecko @MG20 Did you guys have any difficulty removing the old labels from the blue chips? They peeled right off the other colors but the blue ones are being stubborn SOBs.

Did you soak them in warm water or something to get the glue to soften up? Any advice you can dispense would be much appreciated.
Yeah! BLue was the hardest one to remove. I soaked them and still difficult to remove. OIL THOSE BAD BOYS!!

I noticed some were easy and some were more difficult as well. I didn't test any soaking or other solvents on them, sorry.

Yeah! BLue was the hardest one to remove. I soaked them and still difficult to remove. OIL THOSE BAD BOYS!!

I oiled them using the 'compression' method when I first ordered them... I thought about putting them near an iron to maybe loosen the glue but that might just make a bigger mess.

I'll probably just deal with it... I've only got 250 of them to do :)

I do like how they're looking so far...

IMG_20181217_201445.jpg

I ordered some Spirit molds myself and am wondering what cleaning method works best for these specific chips that are known to be brittle. My biggest concern is cleaning the inlay on the blue tri-color Spirits after removing the factory labels. If anyone has any input I would truly appreciate it.

I ordered some Spirit molds myself and am wondering what cleaning method works best for these specific chips that are known to be brittle. My biggest concern is cleaning the inlay on the blue tri-color Spirits after removing the factory labels. If anyone has any input I would truly appreciate it.

I didn't clean the centers after peeling the labels - basically I scraped the adhesive residue off with my thumbnail and then applied the Gear labels. They laid flat and have held up just fine.

Prior to relabeling them I cleaned and oiled them using the compression method. They turned out OK even though they took about a week to dry and had a slight oily feel to them for the first 2 or 3 times we used them.

I didn't clean the centers after peeling the labels - basically I scraped the adhesive residue off with my thumbnail and then applied the Gear labels. They laid flat and have held up just fine.

Prior to relabeling them I cleaned and oiled them using the compression method. They turned out OK even though they took about a week to dry and had a slight oily feel to them for the first 2 or 3 times we used them.
I didn’t have the oil issues besides that no need to remove all residue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom