Relabeled Spirit Molds (1 Viewer)

MG20

Pair
Reaction score
I finally finished relabeling the Spirit mold chips I purchased, and decided to share some terrible cell phone pics I took. I really like them and think they are a great buy for what they cost.

Attachments

• 20171211_175426.jpg
    20171211_175426.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 985
  • 20180211_104951.jpg
    20180211_104951.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 964
  • 20180211_105510.jpg
    20180211_105510.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 844
I think they look awesome! I've been hunting around the various vendors, and can't really find many that have spirit mold blanks in inventory. Were they discontinued a long time ago?

I don't think they have been made in a while, not sure how long. Most of the ones I got had labels on that had to be removed.

These look great! I've been thinking about putting together a relabel Spirit mold set myself but just have a few too many projects going on. Suddenly I feel inspired to revisit the idea.

@allforcharity check chipsandgames, clearance section and clay chips section.

These look great! I've been thinking about putting together a relabel Spirit mold set myself but just have a few too many projects going on. Suddenly I feel inspired to revisit the idea.

@allforcharity check chipsandgames, clearance section and clay chips section.

Thanks ejot. Yeah, I looked there, and a few other places, and they claim to have only 3 colours in stock, and I really needed 6 (for roulette), so I kinda stopped looking. I'm 85% leaning toward a Sun-Fly ceramic set because I need 1500 chips at a reasonable price. Cost is very comparable to custom 2-side labels on a discounted spirit mold blank.

(y) :thumbsup: Well done mate, look great

Would you mind taking a few more pics of the pink in stacks please?

Sure, no problem. Here you go...

Attachments

• 20180216_075638.jpg
    20180216_075638.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 440
  • 20180216_075302.jpg
    20180216_075302.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 374
I've been thinking about putting together a relabel Spirit mold set myself but just have a few too many projects going on. Suddenly I feel inspired to revisit the idea.
Well son of a bitch. I couldn't stop looking at how nice these actually look, and just ordered 1290 Spirit mold chips for a relabel tournament set. I don't even play tournaments. :oops:

Those look great!!!

I'm about to order some of these chips, but I'm having the hardest time making a decision on color/denom combos.

I finally finished relabeling the Spirit mold chips I purchased, and decided to share some terrible cell phone pics I took. I really like them and think they are a great buy for what they cost.

How are you liking these chips? Any issues with crumbling, color, etc?

How are you liking these chips? Any issues with crumbling, color, etc?

So far none of the ones that are pictured here show any signs of crumbling or any color issues. I do also have some of the solids and I have seen some crumbling on them. I would say if you decide to get any of the solids just buy extra and plan on having some that you just throw away when you get them.

So far none of the ones that are pictured here show any signs of crumbling or any color issues. I do also have some of the solids and I have seen some crumbling on them. I would say if you decide to get any of the solids just buy extra and plan on having some that you just throw away when you get them.

Good to know about the solids. . As you likely saw in my thread, I did order 150 grays as a possible nickel, but I only need 100. If they're too crumbly, I'm sure I'll be happy with the white for my nickel.

Of the four solid colors available on chipsandgames, the blues are definitely the crumbliest. Maybe 10% -15% of the blues I ordered about 2 months ago came with flea bites. These are my first experience with CC, but I wouldn't call the defects egregious. Plus, for the price, I ordered extras and don't have to put any of the bad ones into play anyway. The reds, grays and greens are much better. Maybe 1 or 2 bad chips in 200.

So far I've only cleaned and labeled them, no idea what they'll look like after more significant handling. They'll be getting their cherries popped on 7/20.

Glad to hear the side painted versions are less crumbly. I ordered about 2000 of them for a tourney set which will see a lot more playing time than the solid cash set.

I got the chips yesterday. The grays looked perfect, but...you know those rye chips in the Gardetto's snack mix? They're about that easy to break. Two of them fell apart as I was cleaning them, and I tried a few others to see if they were the same. They all just snapped in my fingers like a cracker. Good thing they were cheap. Guess I'm using the whites as my nickel.

I got the chips yesterday. The grays looked perfect, but...you know those rye chips in the Gardetto's snack mix? They're about that easy to break. Two of them fell apart as I was cleaning them, and I tried a few others to see if they were the same. They all just snapped in my fingers like a cracker. Good thing they were cheap. Guess I'm using the whites as my nickel.
When I did it, after cleaning and oiling, mine seemed a bit sturdier. I wouldn't drop them from shoulder height onto a tile floor, but they have held up well with normal play.

When I did it, after cleaning and oiling, mine seemed a bit sturdier. I wouldn't drop them from shoulder height onto a tile floor, but they have held up well with normal play.

Good to know.

I just cleaned a few racks of these, solid red, grey, and greens. None were literally broken, but the flea bites and edge chipping were worst on the reds. Still, for 7c/each, comes out closer to 9c each after sorting out the good ones, still a great deal.

I came up with the concept with a rough draft and @Gear really helped with the font and EDITING MY CRAP IDEAS. I can't say enough of how much he helped on the labels.

My last name is Weller and my best friend and his brother is name Hardy.

My original concept attached.

Had to change the color due to durability and availability.

Attachments

• 661_1531101144.png
    661_1531101144.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 661_1531863566.png
    661_1531863566.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 661_1531863606.png
    661_1531863606.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 661_1531863712.png
    661_1531863712.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 136
Nicely done guys.

By any chance were you able to determine hex or RGB codes for the chips themselves?

I've got a relabel project underway for these exact same chips... I'll let you know how they turn out :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom