Relabel Quandary (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I recently acquired a mixed tourney set from @Saoliver I want to turn it into a custom cash set. @p5woody did the design. I think its one of his best to date. I don't want to share it at this time. A handful of friends have been privy to it.

I attempted to start murdering them this afternoon. The Cinci 100's were pretty easy. The rest, no so much. I followed @RainmanTrail awesome tutorial, but these damn labels just won't come off.

I would love to do the textured labels from @Gear I can only do so if I murder them. That doesn't appear likely. I could send them to Chris. He does fantastic work. Its outside of my budget at 2 per chip plus shipping both ways. If I did this. I would murder the 240 cinci 100's. Send the other 500 his way. That's still an additional 1k.

I could just order the standard labels and label over the top. I would be happy with that. However, I really feel like Steve's work deserves better.

A 3rd option would be to send the to @Josh Kifer and have him mill them. I got a pretty good review on his work. I think he is still mastering it so I don't know if I want to go this route just yet. Josh, thanks for the very quick back and forth PM's yesterday. I appreciate sir.

That's my quandary. I'm not sure if I'm looking for suggestions, just talking out loud, ect...

If there is a 4th option that I missed please sound off.

Thanks,

B

20200423_151018.jpg
20200423_150844.jpg
20200424_114725.jpg
20200424_113829.jpg
20200424_113826.jpg
20200423_150452.jpg
20200423_150437.jpg

A weird alternative solution: You could overlabel and slowly full inlay replace. It would take longer and you’d pay double the label cost.

I recently came across stubborn inlays. Part of the fun for me is to the creation and efforts so I don’t mind. Although experiments are also fun so maybe that’s part of it. If I get back to the difficult inlays tonight I’ll let you know. Have some easy ones that I have to get done tonight first.

I'm going to screw with them some more this week. Then I'll have to decide if I want to spend 500, 1k, or label over

Anyone else having a problem with the non acetone nail polish remover lightening the color of the chip? I’m being careful when removing the inlay but a few chips got a drop on them.

Anyone else having a problem with the non acetone nail polish remover lightening the color of the chip? I’m being careful when removing the inlay but a few chips got a drop on them.
Yes I've seen that before. I am extremely careful when I use it.

I never had this problem. I always rinse quickly after removing the inlays. I oil them later.

I did 100 btp 500s And didn’t seem to have much of an issue. I did notice a little fading from the NPR but not bad. I did try to wash the chips quickly after taking out the inlay. I did about 25 at a time.

For some reason the cincys are really easy. The inlays pop right out.

Attachments

• 3069C7B6-B3DB-4311-8CA6-F1A1DF0AB631.jpeg
    3069C7B6-B3DB-4311-8CA6-F1A1DF0AB631.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 176
  • 73578B97-A9D7-4353-A37D-F8E3AC6268D4.jpeg
    73578B97-A9D7-4353-A37D-F8E3AC6268D4.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 53D289AC-D2C6-438E-B175-90E1BE423FDC.jpeg
    53D289AC-D2C6-438E-B175-90E1BE423FDC.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 161
I’ve been working with the standard #1 x-acto knife. Do you know if those blades fit that knife?
I think they're all interchangeable. I have a set with multiple types of blades. I started out using a #1 and realized how bad that sucked after I figured out the #19 blade was a million times better.

I have it down to where I can take the laminate and label off together in one pass. You gouge the laminate and label pretty deep, put the blade at an angle and get it under both the laminate and label. You then end up with the blade stationary at a 45 degree angle to the chip as you rotate the chip while removing the label. After a bit of practice, I can do a label in a minute or less; all thanks to the #19 blade.

For removing labels, I find that this type of handle (yellow, on the left) is way better than the standard metal handle.

51AtsHBN-lL._AC_SY400_.jpg

I think they're all interchangeable. I have a set with multiple types of blades. I started out using a #1 and realized how bad that sucked after I figured out the #19 blade was a million times better.

I have it down to where I can take the laminate and label off together in one pass. You gouge the laminate and label pretty deep, put the blade at an angle and get it under both the laminate and label. You then end up with the blade stationary at a 45 degree angle to the chip as you rotate the chip while removing the label. After a bit of practice, I can do a label in a minute or less; all thanks to the #19 blade.

For removing labels, I find that this type of handle (yellow, on the left) is way better than the standard metal handle.

View attachment 454014
Going to have to try that style. I like the standard for scoring then the #18. Usually a minute and a half or so per chip.

I’ve been working with the standard #1 x-acto knife. Do you know if those blades fit that knife?
I don't think so. I got the 18 blades for scraping chips and it required a B or C handle, not A. But I could be wrong on the size of the insert side.

And they make the job SO much easier tho.

That's a A handle vs a B handle. Which the huge #18 blades fit only B or C... Figured a image would help. And the 19s look and I assume are the same blade but on an angle.
IMG_20200506_181731.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom