SOLD [Reduced] 500-chip Tri-Club (MD32) Set + case (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmoney

Full House
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Very pretty little hotstamp set and case, playable for some shorthanded cash or tourney games. The chips might benefit from a light cleaning, and really pop with a little oil. Asking $475 shipped obo.

101 $1
102 $5
101 $25
100 $10
103 $100

http://www.antiquegamblingchips.com/molddesign_suits.htm

IMG_4279.jpeg
IMG_3757.jpeg

IMG_3758.jpegIMG_3759.jpegIMG_3760.jpegIMG_3761.jpeg

Last edited:
I used to have this exact set way back when, but hot stamped with my initials instead of denoms. I didn't have the blue though. I was just trying to remember the edge spot colors the other day, so very cool to see these pop up!
It's a really pretty set, in great condition. If the $10s were fracs it would be ~*perfect*~ for a shorthanded starter/travel set.

Interesting, I have what looks like pretty much the same chips, just a variation on the stamp. (No $ sign and monogrammed on opposite.) It's a great looking/feeling mold.

View attachment 1270344
As stated up above, I used to have these in the white/red/green/black. Can't even remember where I got them, but I had them stamped with my initials. Then I sprung for a set of custom ceramics and like a dumbass sold this set to a friend for maybe $100. It was long ago, and way before I found this forum. I wish I still had them, oh well.

As stated up above, I used to have these in the white/red/green/black. Can't even remember where I got them, but I had them stamped with my initials. Then I sprung for a set of custom ceramics and like a dumbass sold this set to a friend for maybe $100. It was long ago, and way before I found this forum. I wish I still had them, oh well.
Well quit wishing and buy this set up. Have dmoney ship them straight to Josh Kifer and get your initials stamped on them. Boom! No more regerts

It's a really pretty set, in great condition. If the $10s were fracs it would be ~*perfect*~ for a shorthanded starter/travel set.
This would be a fantastic set for anyone wanting to "step up" from cheap chips to real compressed clay chips. Under $1 a chip, plus the cool case is just icing on the cake. I would keep the $10s as is for the following reasons.

I mentioned this previously in another thread to someone looking for a "beginner" set. This set could easily be built up over time. These colors and 312 spot pattern are very common in chips from this vintage. I suspect someone keeping an eye on the classifieds could find another chip, maybe a solid, to use as a frac. Then add another rack of $1s and you have a fully functioning "full table" set. Because even though one rack of $5s is a bit short, the extra rack of $10s makes it very playable. Also, most of the various older ASM/Burt molds can play well together. Meaning you could find chips with the same color, but a different mold like horsehead, hub or really any of the older molds, and the chips would likely match up in size and thickness.

This would be a fantastic set for anyone wanting to "step up" from cheap chips to real compressed clay chips. Under $1 a chip, plus the cool case is just icing on the cake. I would keep the $10s as is for the following reasons.

I mentioned this previously in another thread to someone looking for a "beginner" set. This set could easily be built up over time. These colors and 312 spot pattern are very common in chips from this vintage. I suspect someone keeping an eye on the classifieds could find another chip, maybe a solid, to use as a frac. Then add another rack of $1s and you have a fully functioning "full table" set. Because even though one rack of $5s is a bit short, the extra rack of $10s makes it very playable. Also, most of the various older ASM/Burt molds can play well together. Meaning you could find chips with the same color, but a different mold like horsehead, hub or really any of the older molds, and the chips would likely match up in size and thickness.
Agree they are cool chips, just not the direction I think I'm going. Someone will buy them and be very happy with them.

How hard is it to acquire more $1’s and $5’s?
I’ve got about 90 more reds and 160 whites with same colors and edge spots, they just don’t have the hotstamp on there, actually have random hot stamps on them. Would be available after @dmoney sells this set, if someone needs to add on

I’ve got about 90 more reds and 160 whites with same colors and edge spots, they just don’t have the hotstamp on there, actually have random hot stamps on them. Would be available after @dmoney sells this set, if someone needs to add on
As long as there are no special considerations for these old chips, I could be talked into milling for a reasonable rate if needed. Then they could be labeled for a matching set.
IMG_4295.jpeg

Just posted mine for trade; could be fun to consolidate. I like the black/pink and blue/yellow chips best, would possibly trade my whites, reds & greens

That would make this set VERY playable, and now quite a bit more tempting... :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom