• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Red Hon Office Chairs - $10 ea (1 Viewer)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
These are a steal for someone in the Appleton/Wisconsin area. It's about 2 hours north of Madison, and I'm contemplating the drive. These are easily $200+ each new. These would be amazing poker chairs. I have some exact same version (but in red leather), and I often think the cloth might be nicer in some fashion.

I'm trying to work out a deal where this guy will ship some down to Madison, or I make the 4 hour round trip... But at $10 each, it's a steal. I'm hoping I can get 10 more of these for the MTTD. Granted, I'm not entirely sure where we'll store these. Better to ask for forgiveness from my wife... Figure out the details later. :) The seller has like 30+ of these. If you contact them, send some love my way, and let them know I sent you (I'm the guy from Madison who is trying to buy 10 of them). And please don't take their last 10 chairs, lol :)

LINK

Here are MY current chairs. Similar, but the ones for sale are red fabric.

FT Small.JPG

Hon Chair 2.jpg

Make the drive. Too good to pass up.

Edit: Great looking table.

Ya, I'm making the drive tomorrow.... I won't' be able to get as many as I'd like in my truck... Hoping maybe 8-9... However, I have an extra couple nice chairs I can utilize as stand-ins for bigger events. Notably, these will be used at the MTTD in May. Already dropped the hints about getting these with my wife. After some negotiating, I think we can find somewhere to store these when not in use. They're gonna be sweet! For $10, I can't pass them up. Sure wish they were closer... 4-5 hours of driving to get poker chairs = complete degen.

This isn't a photo from the seller (his pics were atrocious). Here's a pic of what I think these chairs are, from his description, and my knowledge of the brand/line:

Red Hon Chairs.jpg

Ya, I'm making the drive tomorrow.... I won't' be able to get as many as I'd like in my truck... Hoping maybe 8-9... However, I have an extra couple nice chairs I can utilize as stand-ins for bigger events. Notably, these will be used at the MTTD in May. Already dropped the hints about getting these with my wife. After some negotiating, I think we can find somewhere to store these when not in use. They're gonna be sweet! For $10, I can't pass them up. Sure wish they were closer... 4-5 hours of driving to get poker chairs = complete degen.

This isn't a photo from the seller (his pics were atrocious). Here's a pic of what I think these chairs are, from his description, and my knowledge of the brand/line:

View attachment 72615
WORTH IT!

Around here $19 is the local in town rate. More than 20 miles and you pay like a buck a mile.

Drive in reverse ;) (Ferris Bueller style). A trailer might be your best option so you don't have to pay mileage.

Spoke too soon, the guy was bragging how cheap it was to rent a U-Haul, and just wrote back that was going to be like $200 with mileage, and he's just borrowing a buddy's van that can only fit 10.... So, he's not going to deliver my chairs... Back to plan A. Make the drive myself. :( Still a good deal.

How can they track milage on a trailer....

The guy was going to rent a box truck. I don't know if he was planning to rent a towable, or had the capabilities.

I posted an FYI on our local FB poker page, and that's how I made the connection. Had I not done so, I could've rented a trailer myself, snagged all the chairs, then sold off the excess to cover my expenses. But I think it'd be shady to post an FYI on a CL ad for $10 chairs, then later offer them up to the community at $20 each :) Even if it was just covering my expenses.

I'll just snag 8-ish chairs in my truck, and the other guy is going to snag any that wouldn't fit, and drop those off. I get the chairs I need for the next MTTD, and another host gets decent chairs at a great price!

Last edited:

I've seen trailers with Hubodometers or some similar brand. All they'd have to do is check the mileage on the hub before it was rented and after.

Nice, but technically not allowed in my neighborhood....

(n) :thumbsdown: Where do you currently store the gas/gas cans for your lawn equipment? You could probably find a nice one that matches the color of your house.

(n) :thumbsdown: Where do you currently store the gas/gas cans for your lawn equipment? You could probably find a nice one that matches the color of your house.

Garage. :). Color matched is still not allowed. Had someone build a house matched play house/storage shed for their kids. That got owners in trouble

They didn't get in trouble per se, but they were deemed to have violated the covenants.

Neighborhood is confirmed awesome. Social, friendly, and kid oriented. Not moving. Garages typically large enough to store gasoline and lawn mowers.

Take over the HOA and change the rules. In our old place nobody wanted to run for the board so it was pretty easy to do. And I did.

Having said that when we bought our current house we were very specific that deed restricted neighborhoods were out. It took a bit longer but we found an awesome neighborhood where the only things not allowed are what the city will cite you for.

Take over the HOA and change the rules. In our old place nobody wanted to run for the board so it was pretty easy to do. And I did.

Having said that when we bought our current house we were very specific that deed restricted neighborhoods were out. It took a bit longer but we found an awesome neighborhood where the only things not allowed are what the city will cite you for.

To be honest, none of the things restricted by the covenants are issues for me. I don't need for a shed, I don't need to store a car on concrete blocks in front of my house, and I don't need/want a chain-link fence. And personally, really don't want my next door neighbor parking a broken down car in front of my house.

Primarily the covenants are more enforced at time of build, with respect to square footage and number of garage stalls (to keep homes somewhat consistent). Otherwise, we don't really have HOA police running around. It's pretty chill. And our neighbors are pretty awesome!

To give you an idea, our last home was in a nice quiet neighborhood, and it took 5 years to finally meet all the neighbors on either side of us, and across the street. When we purchased our current home, even before moving in, we were invited to a neighborhood block party, met every one on the block, and our kids had made several new friends. Plus, there's a regular poker group in my neighborhood (win).

I'm pretty sure I can find room to store the chairs.

Ultimate goal is to procure more stackable gasser chairs :)

Our HOA has pretty much the same rules. We have been told we could get away with putting up a small storage shed like the one above "if it is attached to the house". I'm not concerned about it though, as we have a 3 car garage now and only 2 cars. So plenty of room for mowers and such.

Our HOA has pretty much the same rules. We have been told we could get away with putting up a small storage shed like the one above "if it is attached to the house".
I'd definitely want that in writing. The trouble with wink and a nod approvals is that they exist only at the grace of someone else. The wrong person complains or heaven forbid gets on the board and what you've gotten away with for X years suddenly needs to be cured at your expense and hassle. Covenants almost always have a clause that a failure to enforce does not constitute a waiver of the rule.

Condos I definitely get it. You've got to have HOAs there. But when it comes to a full blown house sitting on a half acre or more my wife and I are of the philosophy that we already pay the government for permission to lease the land every year (in the form of property taxes) so we'll be damned if we are going to have our use and enjoyment of it further held at the mercy of Bitching Bob and Nosey Nancy down the street who dislike sheds, fences or houses of an unapproved color.

Sometimes you'll hear that HOAs enhance home values. At least around here in the extremely rare event that a house on our street goes on the market it's usually gone within 72 hours at the buyer's asking price, although the last two went above asking due to a bidding war. I guess buyers aren't put off by my shed or the 6 chickens my neighbor raises quietly in full view of everyone, the fence across the street or the purplish house in the cul de sac.

Anyway enough off topic HOA banter. I'm glad @Trihonda got his chairs all sorted out :)

I'm just a stubborn hillbilly of course, but I'll never live in a neighborhood or 'community' where I can't do what the F! I want to with my property.

What a bunch of uppity BS.

I'm just a stubborn hillbilly of course, but I'll never live in a neighborhood or 'community' where I can't do what the F! I want to with my property.

What a bunch of uppity BS.

No, I get it. I'm a big proponent of individual rights, and not a fan of big brother oversight, etc.. And for the most part, folks can do whatever they want with their homes in my neighborhood. However, people move into this neighborhood understanding the covenants, so it's not like you have someone who lives here and suddenly is like, "unfair, I want to raise llamas in my back yard"...

A proponent of the covenants might argue that it keeps the neighborhood looking nice, and maintains property values. I can see this point, that if you move into a neighborhood, investing money into a nice home, and suddenly the next door neighbor starts turning their backyard and garage into auto-repair shop, and another neighbor decides that if the first neighbor can run a repair shop, he can now put up a chain link fence and start raising chickens and dairy cattle... these actions will snowball. These couple neighbors will negatively affect the value of the entire neighborhood.

I personally don't have an issue with someone who wants a chicken coop, or to run a repair shop out of their garage, etc... I personally wouldn't do these things, so I don't mind living in a neighborhood where these are against the covenants. So yes, these neighborhoods turn into a collection of similarly minded folks. I would never judge someone who wants to live in neighborhoods without covenants. It's just where they want to live. Every place you live will have restrictions of some sort. Living on a tropical beach would be nice too, but damned if I can get these stupid dairy cows to produce milk.

And to be honest, the covenants are rarely an issue or discussed in my neighborhood. There really isn't some HOA police running amok. (technically, my street doesn't have an HOA anyway).

Our last home didn't have a HOA, but the neighbors and city inspector were more strict than where we moved to.

In the old neighborhood we were the first people on the street to move in from the original owners. Everyone else is now in their early 60's and semi retired. They all have tons of time for yard work and being nosy neighbors. They called on me 4 times in the first year alone for some really stupid shit. Like when a top of a tree broke off a neighbors tree and landed in my backyard. In 2 days and I had a notice to have it removed!

Our new city is much younger, most people have small kids and not much time to worry about what everyone else is doing. We were actually the first ones on the street to get our leaves up this year, not the last! Haha

So the point is like @Trihonda said, there are rules anywhere you live be it from the HOA or local government. Sure I can't have a fence for the dog now, but having decent neighbors and one of the best rated school districts in the area is worth it to us.

Snagged all ten chairs, which somehow fit into The back of my Honda Pilot. I guess it pays to play Tetris as a kid

IMG_0317.JPG

Condition report. The chairs are in great condition, albeit slightly dusty. These are almost identical to my existing a red chairs, but in a fabric. Very happy with the find. Never bad when you pick up $2500 in chairs for $100

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom