Rectangle topper (1 Viewer)

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I want to thank Tommy for letting me post my work here on PCF. I thought I'd start things off by posting some info and pictures about my latest poker table build.

I was asked for a rectangular shaped poker table designed to sit on top of a dining room table. The table underneath is 42"x72" and the poker table on top is 44"x74" for a bit of overhang. It has a Chocolate colored nylon velvet speed cloth playing surface, a Cavern Moss vinyl rail and a 1" illuminated raised rail. The inner corners of the rail have a 5" radius. The plywood used is thinner than the typical 3/4" sheets to make it lighter weight for easy transportation.

index.php

index.php

MGalleryItem.php

For someone that doesn't have space to have a separate table that's a good idea. Looks like you did a nice job pulling the rail vinyl so it was nice and wrinkle free!

Thanks guys. This is actually the 2nd rectangular topper I've done. Here's the first one:

MGalleryItem.php

Thanks guys. This is actually the 2nd rectangular topper I've done. Here's the first one:

MGalleryItem.php

I like this one even better. Looks like the rail vinyl wraps all the way around the bottom so you don't see the wood?

Is the racetrack cloth too or is it wood. Kinda hard to tell on my screen

There is actually still a layer of wood at the bottom, however it's color matched to the same color as the table underneath (IKEA's black brown). This is done at the customer's request though, if they don't want the bottom layer of plywood showing, then I would just upholster the rail all around.

The playing surface is made of 2 separate cloths, black suited speed cloth for the outside and green SSC for the inside. Both surfaces are padded.

It also has a 5/8" raised rail stained walnut. It's a little hard to see.

Great topper T_Chan. What would one of these toppers cost? One more like the second one pictured.

It's a great alternative if you do not have the space for a separate table. I like the lighted feature for them too! :)

It most definitely is. My personal table was a topper as well, just not rectangular. I could not convince the wife to get rid of our fancy glass dining room table

MGalleryItem.php

Love the toppers. I just picked up a table that I want to remove the legs on and make it a topper. What kind of backing do you put on it to protect the table from the topper?

Also being I'm asking, I wanted to recover my playing service with a SSC and was trying to decide on foam, do you have a suggestion? I was looking at 2A Volara or 2EO Volara from YAT.

Thanks!

The backing I use is the stuff they use under area rugs to prevent them from slipping. Soft and lots of grip to prevent the topper from moving around.

For table padding, I recommend neoprene. If you're going to use volara though, I've never bought it from YAT so I'm not sure which one is better. I use neoprene rather than volara because if you leave something heavy on the table for long enough on volara, it will permanently leave a dent. This doesn't happen with neoprene.

The backing I use is the stuff they use under area rugs to prevent them from slipping. Soft and lots of grip to prevent the topper from moving around.

For table padding, I recommend neoprene. If you're going to use volara though, I've never bought it from YAT so I'm not sure which one is better. I use neoprene rather than volara because if you leave something heavy on the table for long enough on volara, it will permanently leave a dent. This doesn't happen with neoprene.

I didn't even think of Neoprene. I'll have to look into that. My birdcages are pretty heavy when full so I'd hate to have a dent permanently on the playing surface.

Are you talking about this stuff for the underside of the table? Do you just lay it out each time on the table before putting the topper on or how do you attach it to the underside?
View attachment 795

Thanks for the advice!

Yeah that's the stuff. I route a groove on the underside of the table and staple it. I make a groove so that the staples don't stick out and potentially scratch the table underneath. Just a precaution since the staples usually go in pretty deep and don't protrude.

Yeah that's the stuff. I route a groove on the underside of the table and staple it. I make a groove so that the staples don't stick out and potentially scratch the table underneath. Just a precaution since the staples usually go in pretty deep and don't protrude.

Oh ok good idea, I was hoping there was a way to attach it to the underside permanently so I didn't have to just lay it on the table. I know exactly where I can go get a big role of that rug/drawer liner for cheap :). Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom