Recommendation for legs (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hey guys I was able to Pick up this brand new top for just $80 and couldn’t pass. (Excuse the mess in garage my shed was just delivered 2 days ago so moving that crap today)
Ordered cup holders already but need ideas on what the best bang for my buck on folding legs.
Thanks

Attachments

• A02124FD-1E1C-4C16-B051-F69BD71587CC.jpeg
    A02124FD-1E1C-4C16-B051-F69BD71587CC.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 204
I was going to say these legs from Rockler are sweet but they doubled in price since I bought mine. They feel way more solid than $40 Menards table legs and since they are more T shaped you don’t bump your knees into them as much I think.

https://www.rockler.com/folding-stacking-banquet-table-legs

908EACA0-1C4C-452D-803C-A97A2B0A311F.jpeg

I too am curious what else is available for my future builds but I would buy these again if I didn’t find anything else I wanted to try.

I recommend biasov.pl. Great system for folding legs for poker table

I was going to say these legs from Rockler are sweet but they doubled in price since I bought mine. They feel way more solid than $40 Menards table legs and since they are more T shaped you don’t bump your knees into them as much I think.

https://www.rockler.com/folding-stacking-banquet-table-legs

View attachment 489650
I too am curious what else is available for my future builds but I would buy these again if I didn’t find anything else I wanted to try.
I bought these because I have a pretty heavy table. They work great. I paid like $145 on Amazon, they are expensive.

No one has recommended these?

photo-1583139937662-affac1e2fed5.jpeg

Gorilla legs are awesome. Sturdy and rock solid stable.
I may be in a minority here, but I have mounted Gorilla legs on one of my tables and I don't care for them. First, they add a significant amount of weight to the table which makes it much harder to move around. Second, I am not a fan of the locking mechanism which requires a user supplied bolt to secure into place. And third, they are very expensive.

I have built tables for about 15 years. For me, the best folding legs I have found are sold by MeltalKraft Systems. They are very strong and available in both overlapping for round tables and non-overlapping for ovals. Super high quality. My only negative is their shipping charge to ship a single set of legs is a little high. I suggest you get a shipping quote before you buy.

no. I know they been sending tables to Rio Arena. I know the guy and have phone nr. what you want to know?
Not in a hurry; I just liked the legs and wondered if they're made/sold seperately, for a future project, God willing.

I may be in a minority here, but I have mounted Gorilla legs on one of my tables and I don't care for them. First, they add a significant amount of weight to the table which makes it much harder to move around. Second, I am not a fan of the locking mechanism which requires a user supplied bolt to secure into place. And third, they are very expensive.

I have built tables for about 15 years. For me, the best folding legs I have found are sold by MeltalKraft Systems. They are very strong and available in both overlapping for round tables and non-overlapping for ovals. Super high quality. My only negative is their shipping charge to ship a single set of legs is a little high. I suggest you get a shipping quote before you buy.

Thank you for posting this, I'm going to give the MetalKraft legs a try on my current built.

I've never been keen on the Gorilla legs; $200 for a set of folding legs just doesn't register with my brain. As for the Rockler/Hafele "curved foot" type legs, I've used them in the past but haven't been totally impressed with the stability. For my game last weekend, a buddy of mine brought a 4'x8' table that he had swapped out the legs with the MetalKrafy style banquet legs, and I was blown away by the stability. The thing literally didn't budge. Yeah, they may not be as sexy, but if the table is rock solid, that's all I really care about.

I just called and got a shipping quote from MetalKraft and it was about $50 for one set of $47 legs. So right around $100 total... which is still less than a lot of the other options out there. Thanks again for sharing. :tup:

I'll throw in another vote for the Rockler legs. Plenty sturdy enough. I was thinking about going with the gorilla legs with my second table but i threw in a built in shuffler and the gorilla's take up too much real estate under the table. The price has increased quite a bit, but still worth it IMO.

Wow! $45 for a set of legs and $40 for shipping! I don't think so.

Is everyone using metal legs for folding and storage purposes? I’m getting ready to redo my table and poker room and am going with farmhouse table type legs but my table will be left out and not stored.

W
Hey guys I was able to Pick up this brand new top for just $80 and couldn’t pass. (Excuse the mess in garage my shed was just delivered 2 days ago so moving that crap today)
Ordered cup holders already but need ideas on what the best bang for my buck on folding legs.
Thanks
Wow, what a find :D

Is everyone using metal legs for folding and storage purposes? I’m getting ready to redo my table and poker room and am going with farmhouse table type legs but my table will be left out and not stored.
im really ghetto i just use a folding lifetime table from sams club. been working great for years and no table sag or wobble

I'm not sure about bang for the buck, but the Gorilla folding legs have been garnering lots of attention on the forum lately.

This is what I’ve heard also, and they look pretty cool. Definitely what I’ll be getting when I eventually gather enough scratch for my table.

The Gorilla legs are awesome. I don’t think you can go wrong with them. Don’t let the small screw that can be tightened/loosened by hand be the only reason you don’t get them. The table is incredibly sturdy with these legs and fully support the mid section of the table.

If you can find a folding banquet table on Craigslist or marketplace, they typically have good sturdy folding legs, and the metal channel frame too that helps prevent the table from flexing when leaning on it. Here’s mine: picked the table up for $40, which is less than the price of just new legs.
922A084A-5D51-45A0-B5B0-88E1BAAA3EF1.jpeg

Anyone know where to buy hafele legs decently priced these days?

If you can find a folding banquet table on Craigslist or marketplace, they typically have good sturdy folding legs, and the metal channel frame too that helps prevent the table from flexing when leaning on it. Here’s mine: picked the table up for $40, which is less than the price of just new legs. View attachment 634014
Very late response, but where did you get that channel? did you make it yourself?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom