Quit Smoking (1 Viewer)

hdgeno

Full House
Reaction score
Today is day 46 without cigarettes, have not even had a puff. I've tried quitting so many times, and even made it for a year and half at one point, but in the past I've still always had a smoke here and there. It has not been an easy time, but I decided it was time to give it up for good. My wife is very happy with this decision, my son doesn't care (yet), and I'm feeling good about it.

I smoked full time since I was 15 (43 now) so it really was high time to give it up. The days felt really long at first but I'm starting to get used to the new normal. Still have a lot of cravings (mostly mental by now) and those won't be going away any time soon I'm sure.

Anyway, thought I'd share, I know there's more out there that have quit, are, or want to.

Congrats. That was honestly the hardest thing I have done in my life. I actually couldn’t do it myself, I needed Wellbutrin. Stay strong man.

Congrats. That was honestly the hardest thing I have done in my life. I actually couldn’t do it myself, I needed Wellbutrin. Stay strong man.

It is so hard, not loving this life right now but in time I will. Congrats on getting it done too!

Congrats, this is really impressive, hope this stays as a life long thing!

quit about 10 years ago. time to time i still get the urge, but it is easy to shake it now

Great job and keep it up!!! I've been smoke free for 20+ years now. It was tough because a lot of my friends also smoked, but most have quit now too.

Good job! I know it's tough, but worth it. I'm coming up on two years (zero relapses), and know it's finally for good this time. Took five tries, and I wish it had been done 20 years earlier. Hang in there!

You’ll love the way you feel 10 years from now. I know I do. 11 years on Oct 9th, no booze since Memorial Day last year.

Congrats

Allen Carr‘s book showed me the mechanics of how nicotine works in your brain. That helped me to identify certain traps. Needed 2 attempts but to be fair he even predicted how you might fall back. So second time i stopped i took his warnings serious.
From others I heard that hypnosis and acupuncture helped.
Immage all the chips you can buy with the money saved!

Congrats keep it up. :tup:

Quit in 2009 after smoking for 34 years. Keep track of how much money you save by not buying cigs. The amount of money spent on just buying smokes is astounding.

I quit back when young could still smoke in bars, which made it really tough, but back then I think cigarettes were like $2.50. I honestly don’t even know what they cost these days but I remember being somewhere, maybe NYC, and seeing more than $10.

Congrats, man. Good choice.

46 days is a rack of chips already! In a year, you'll have a full set!

I can't imagine spending $6 on a pack of cigarettes everyday. I remember selling smokes in college and when the price bumped to $1.85/pack, customers said they'd quit at $2... I wonder how many actually quit.

Congrats Man, more money to spend on poker chips (which don't ruin your health xD)

Congrats, man. Good choice.

46 days is a rack of chips already! In a year, you'll have a full set!

I can't imagine spending $6 on a pack of cigarettes everyday. I remember selling smokes in college and when the price bumped to $1.85/pack, customers said they'd quit at $2... I wonder how many actually quit.
Not that I smoke cigs anymore, but try paying $15 for a packet of 20 over here in the UK!

Last edited:
Congratulations and keep up the good work. I’ve seen several people in my family quit the habit and they say it’s probably the best thing they’ve ever done for themselves.
Stay positive. :)

By the time I quit I was a 2 pack a day smoker and I was paying avg $3.00 a pack so I was spending $6 a day, $2190 a year.

When I get gas today I see a pack runs about $7.00 a pack (not cut rate smokes like Merit, etc but the name brand I smoked) so I'm saving $14 a day, $5100 a year.

The amount thrown away is amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom