Tourney Questions about built in rebuys/addons and bounties (1 Viewer)

10K Starting stack includes 1 bounty/1 reload
Reload can only be redeemed when starting stack is 0 or a set point in the tournament where they must be redeemed as an addon.
I'd prefer it this way, seems slightly simpler as a player and as TD.
I really don't see why you would want to make this restriction. Not allowing the player to redeem the add-on any time they choose will force players to make more aggressive moves when they are short stacked. If I am down to 10 big blinds or less I am going to redeem my add-on so I can be more competitive.

Upon losing starting stack:
surrender 1 bounty chip to the victor
surrender reload chip to TD for a new starting stack that includes a new bounty chip
Another option would be to allow only one bounty chip per player. The bounty is not lost if the player still has his/her add-on chip. After using the add-on, their bounty is at risk. I am not a fan of using two bounties. In my experience, a large percentage of the add-ons are not used until the end of the re-buy/add-on period so you are just going to be giving the players their money back.

I agree with @DoubleEagle -- if doing a $70 buy-in (half now, half later) + $10 bounty (split one $5 chip now, one $5 bounty that really only plays if you lose your first 1/2-stack), it really means the following will occur:
  • Most players will play tight to get extra chips at break along with $5 back on their initial outlay.
  • Players who find themselves short-stacked during the reload period will need to choose between a) aggression (risking the shortstack to possibly double-up or get a new 1/2-stack if not) and b) passive play, ensuring the free 1/2-stack add-on at break along with a $5 rebate. Most thinking players will choose the latter.
You are essentially turning the second bounty chip into an incentive for passive play during the first part of the event.

There are lots of ways to skin both the split-stack and bounty chip option cats, but I really don't care for this one.

So as a quick follow up; how would you (or anyone else) define "short", "deep" and "super-deep" stacks?.. for the purpose of this discussion..
I define them as:

Short: < 100bb
Medium: 100bb-150bb
Deep: 150bb-300bb
Super-deep: > 300bb

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom