Wanted Protege chips (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump!

A rack each of $1s and $5s and I can do Protege only cash games. I will keep the dream alive..

Keep the dream alive. Maybe we can start a CPC remake of the Protege line...

That's what I want. I guess since I don't have any of the original ones :)

I feel like they were one of the best sets out there.
In terms of design appeal, I find them unmatched by almost any other set. Unfortunately, I have enough Proteges by this point to confirm that they suffer from variations in quality control. It makes buying them very speculative. One day soon I'm gonna start a thread to document some of the differences, but I haven't gotten around to it yet..don't have enough Proteges. :D

In terms of design appeal, I find them unmatched by almost any other set. Unfortunately, I have enough Proteges by this point to confirm that they suffer from variations in quality control. It makes buying them very speculative. One day soon I'm gonna start a thread to document some of the differences, but I haven't gotten around to it yet..don't have enough Proteges. :D

I personally have seen 2 very different chips of some of the common denominations depending on when they were ordered. The biggest changes I have seen are in the Yellow 1k chips where some are much brighter with a different colored inlay, and same thing with the red 5s. This is not too surprising given BCCs quality control measures. I wonder if this was done intentionally if one version was incorrect or they couldnt mix the same color.

Bump.

Considering trade offers for:
80 • $20
100 • $50

Considering generous trade offers for:
7 • $10 plaque
40 • 5¢

Hey Joe...did you see the new guy Norm's first post ? Welcome him here by forcing him to sell you his Proteges. :D

Hey Joe...did you see the new guy Norm's first post ? Welcome him here by forcing him to sell you his Proteges. :D

I sure did! I dunno if he would sell, and I'd hate to ruin someone's chipping experience by breaking apart their favorite set ;)

my favorites are my cherished set of Proteges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom