Progressive Bad Beat - should new players be immediately eligible? (2 Viewers)

TheYeti

Pair
Reaction score
In my monthly .25/.50 NLHE game we have a progressive bad beat jackpot that is funded by raking $5 from the hourly $2 ante bomb pots as well as rounding all players down to the nearest $5 at cash out. Since I instituted the bad beat about a year ago, it's only hit once and it's currently sitting at around $400.

We haven't had any new players enter the game for over a year and a half now, with most of the regulars playing at this game for 3+ years (some, almost 20 years). We have two brand new players coming this Friday who seem like they may become regulars.

My question to the collective is; should we require new players to attend a certain number of games before they are eligible for the bad beat? Seems kind of unfair for someone who's only played a game or two to take it down...but, it also wouldn't be fair if one of the regulars missed out because he got a bad beat from a noob.

Thoughts?

In my monthly .25/.50 NLHE game we have a progressive bad beat jackpot that is funded by raking $5 from the hourly $2 ante bomb pots as well as rounding all players down to the nearest $5 at cash out. Since I instituted the bad beat about a year ago, it's only hit once and it's currently sitting at around $400.

We haven't had any new players enter the game for over a year and a half now, with most of the regulars playing at this game for 3+ years (some, almost 20 years). We have two brand new players coming this Friday who seem like they may become regulars.

My question to the collective is; should we require new players to attend a certain number of games before they are eligible for the bad beat? Seems kind of unfair for someone who's only played a game or two to take it down...but, it also wouldn't be fair if one of the regulars missed out because he got a bad beat from a noob.

Thoughts?
Are you raking the pots they're playing in and/or rounding down their cash-outs?

If yes to any of that, they should be included.

Yes they should be eligible, otherwise they shouldn’t have to pay in to fund it. Might even encourage a more gamble friendly player to play and play certain hands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom