PokerGo 2020 WSOP coverage??? (2 Viewers)

nitzilla

Full House
Reaction score
Anyone who has PokerGo, when I log in, all I see are reruns of WSOP 2007 or 2010 or whatever.....I can't find ANY new content for the WSOP, even though it's supposed to be there..???
Am I missing something? :unsure:

The WSOP is online this year. How did you miss that?

LOL, I know that, there is supposed to be "coverage" of the online events with commentary......Jeff Platt has done some, and he works for PokerGO....but I can't find it on their app......

Andrew Neeme was doing a Youtube live stream last night in the $500 Freeze out, he made the money at ~146, so I watched that for a few hours, but PokerGo has jackshit from what I can see........ :confused

LOL, I know that, there is supposed to be "coverage" of the online events with commentary......Jeff Platt has done some, and he works for PokerGO....but I can't find it on their app......
It’s on youtube on their channel. Come on...

Edit: Not sure if it’s their channel, it’s called Poker Central, it has a similar logo though.

I'm canceling my subscription. Maybe I'll pick it up next year again when WSOP is live (if that ever happens again that is).

Last edited:
Nothing against Tuch but watching coverage of online final tables is boring AF. Can’t be helped though

I was enjoying the Neeme live stream last night, seeing how he played hands vs how I would was great. His hands just held up waaaaaaay more than my online hands ever do............ :tdown:
Now that I see the Youtube Poker Central (aka PokerGo) channel, I'll have to see what's there, wish I had known this 5 weeks ago when my annual subscription renewed, I would have cancelled it for sure............. :(

I was enjoying the Neeme live stream last night, seeing how he played hands vs how I would was great. His hands just held up waaaaaaay more than my online hands ever do............ :tdown:
Now that I see the Youtube Poker Central (aka PokerGo) channel, I'll have to see what's there, wish I had known this 5 weeks ago when my annual subscription renewed, I would have cancelled it for sure............. :(

The Poker Central YT channel is decent. They’ve released a few clips from older WSOP mains to drive subscriptions to PokerGo. Also been running a decent series that looks back at PAD and the WSOP with a live guest who discusses hands and thought processes throughout

My biggest gripe with PokerGO is they have made it impossible to browse for anything. There is no category to just look through all the 2018 or 2019 WSOP coverage. So when I wanted to watch the PPCs from both years, I had to search for them in the search box.

I'm canceling my subscription. Maybe I'll pick it up next year again when WSOP is live (if that ever happens again that is).
I cancelled mine - love watching WSOP events and other high profile tournaments, and was excited for the new High Stakes Poker. But until live poker bounces back, I can live without their old library (and at full price.)
Honestly, they suck. The vast majority of their WSOP coverage is NLHE - but you can watch that crap anywhere. And then last year, when they sold off like a third of their WSOP events to CBS-All Access, it's like WTF? So now I have to pay for two different subscriptions just to get sub par coverage of the WSOP?
The only good thing about them is that their $10 per month or $99 per year rates give very little incentive to pay them for anything but the summer months.

There is no category to just look through all the 2018 or 2019 WSOP coverage.

This isn’t necessarily true. If you click on the On Demand tab, then the WSOP tab you can scroll through each year’s coverage.

The episodes are not in order though and all the other PokerGo issues remain

I cancelled mine - love watching WSOP events and other high profile tournaments, and was excited for the new High Stakes Poker. But until live poker bounces back, I can live without their old library (and at full price.)
Honestly, they suck. The vast majority of their WSOP coverage is NLHE - but you can watch that crap anywhere. And then last year, when they sold off like a third of their WSOP events to CBS-All Access, it's like WTF? So now I have to pay for two different subscriptions just to get sub par coverage of the WSOP?
The only good thing about them is that their $10 per month or $99 per year rates give very little incentive to pay them for anything but the summer months.
I thought their coverage of the non hold em events was excellent. The PPC, 10k stud, 10k PLO8, No Limit 2-7... All great.

I thought their coverage of the non hold em events was excellent. The PPC, 10k stud, 10k PLO8, No Limit 2-7... All great.
No doubt. But was there much more than that? If I go back and look at the schedule, I'd be willing to bet that those were about the only non-holdem events that they streamed. And only final tables, of course.
Maybe I'm asking for too much, but i would happily watch all five days of the PPC, if they covered it. Big names, cool games, why not?

No doubt. But was there much more than that? If I go back and look at the schedule, I'd be willing to bet that those were about the only non-holdem events that they streamed. And only final tables, of course.
Maybe I'm asking for too much, but i would happily watch all five days of the PPC, if they covered it. Big names, cool games, why not?
The covered final two days of some of them. They don't really do more than FT coverage of any event other than ME.

They also did some 1500 stud and stud8, and several Omaha events.

The covered final two days of some of them. They don't really do more than FT coverage of any event other than ME.

They also did some 1500 stud and stud8, and several Omaha events.
Okay, I counted. Ignoring the main event, I counted 26 Holdem streams and 14 non-holdem streams. I guess that's not too bad.

I'd also like to see WSOP 2019 ESPN coverage being added. The 8 hour "day X" episodes are nice but that's just too much for me. GO support told me the 2019 ESPN coverage would be added in June but I still don't see it. That format just brings back memories to me (incl Norm's ex-wife jokes ;))

I'd also like to see WSOP 2019 ESPN coverage being added. The 8 hour "day X" episodes are nice but that's just too much for me. GO support told me the 2019 ESPN coverage would be added in June but I still don't see it. That format just brings back memories to me (incl Norm's ex-wife jokes ;))
If you mean the ME final table, it's there. You just have to search for it.
Screenshot_20200729-080656.jpg

PokerGO's categories could use some work. If I want to watch a full length final table from the events they covered in 2019, I have to search to find it. If they have it browsable on there somewhere, I still can't find it.

Watching online poker online...

It's a different world, man.

It's definitely different. I just don't find railing online poker sessions as entertaining as live sessions (taped delayed for broadcast of course) with hole cards. It's like watching those old WSOPs before the lipstick cam came around. Fun but, now that we've all gotten use to seeing those hole cards, not near as entertaining, especially for a long viewing session.

If you mean the ME final table, it's there. You just have to search for it.
Thanks for the tip!! Indeed the content I was looking for; glad the weekend is just around the corner :)
Also looking forward to those "High Stakes Duel" matches - that long awaited heads-up between Antonio and Phil should be worth it haha

I agree the offering is kind of minimal atm and just has some archived old stuff in there but since my yearly renewal is still some time away, I guess I just have to make the best of it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom