Poker Set Selection Tool

Resource Poker Set Selection Tool

Jonzee

Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gives a perfect breakdown for cash games. Wish I had this when I built my first set. Would have saved me some $ from trial and error purchases. It’ll be helpful if we ever decide to play a home tourney.

nitzilla

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a way for your link to start in "Present" view by default? When I clicked the link I see it as the "editable" view, so links are acting odd and I see your "notes" field, but when I click the "Present" button (top left), then it appears correctly..... so probably just a Share Link option or something?

Otherwise looks very cool, thank you for making it!

BSteck

Flush
Reaction score
Is there a way for your link to start in "Present" view by default? When I clicked the link I see it as the "editable" view, so links are acting odd and I see your "notes" field, but when I click the "Present" button (top left), then it appears correctly..... so probably just a Share Link option or something?

Otherwise looks very cool, thank you for making it!
I took the 'edit' out of the URL. Is it coming up in Present view by default for you now?

nitzilla

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, still shows the slides and slide deck on the side.
Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 3.34.02 PM.png

nitzilla

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or, instead of removing EDIT you need to ADD "Present":
Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 3.37.07 PM.png

nitzilla

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think the 'publish to web' auto advances the slides and breaks the navigation stuff. Try the link above again - I think I've got the URL fixed this time.
Bingo, that worked! :tup:

Joe Harris

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a great idea. New resources are always exciting.

Now I am thinking about how it would be neat to build it out as a small web app and integrate images from the ChipDB. I'll try to avoid registering pokersetcalculator.com - I have enough projects already!

Kid_Eastwood

Full House
Reaction score
It's nice. Just one small remark regarding color-up : additional chips for the color-up are enough but for a strict chip race only. If you prefer the round up method, there's not enough chip.

Ex: 12 x T25 / 12 x T100
For strict chip race : 1.5 x T1000 per player is required. So for then players 15 are required (as thé tool suggest).
For round up, to cover the worst case, you need to multiple this amount by 1.5.

For the rest, amazing tool.

BSteck

Flush
Reaction score
If someone more knowledgeable than myself would like to write up a ‘Coloring up’ primer, I’d be happy to incorporate it into the tool.

Kid_Eastwood

Full House
Reaction score
If someone more knowledgeable than myself would like to write up a ‘Coloring up’ primer, I’d be happy to incorporate it into the tool.

This video is pretty good :

Only thing is that T25 and T100 shall usually be colored-up with T1000.
T500 with T5000.
T1000 with T25,000 etc etc.

The tool calculates the right amount of chips assuming a strict chip race.

But if you want to use the round up method, just take the amount of chips required for a strict chip race and multiply it by 1.5 to cover the worst cases (when lots of players have an odd number of chips to color-up).

David O

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty nice tool although it would be nice to add a selection for 200 fracs for those that like full racks and run more than one table. Great job

Top Bottom