InviteTracker

Resource InviteTracker (4 Viewers)

Beat me to it.
Check your settings tab and make sure Seconds between message send is set to zero. That might help.
It is.
I think I will split my list into 2 groups; 35 in one, 35 in another (like A and B) and just send them that way. Seems to be a little too much coding for my liking to bypass the 6 minute script feature.

It is.
I think I will split my list into 2 groups; 35 in one, 35 in another (like A and B) and just send them that way. Seems to be a little too much coding for my liking to bypass the 6 minute script feature.
That’s a pretty good idea.

I’m pretty sure the 6 minute limit is a hard limit from Google.

An alternative if you’re an Apple user is to use my Siri shortcut. I’ve been using it exclusively lately and it has many advantages.

Texts come for you.
Text delivery has been 100 percent reliable.
No daily limit to how many messages you can send.

That’s a pretty good idea.

I’m pretty sure the 6 minute limit is a hard limit from Google.

An alternative if you’re an Apple user is to use my Siri shortcut. I’ve been using it exclusively lately and it has many advantages.

Texts come for you.
Text delivery has been 100 percent reliable.
No daily limit to how many messages you can send.
that's good to know. I'm starting to get everyone's cell info. I'll sign up for twilio too. Looks like 100 SMS texts per month over the course of a year should cost me about $10/yr as well.

Thanks

Signed up for Twilio, and after a few kinks with THEIR system, I have that working. I'm moving forward to using this for my group full time next month. So far, it meets over 95% of my needs, and I think it's great.

Thank you again @Al Azouri for your help and patience with me. Anyone using evite should 100% look into this moving forward, as it really gives you more flexibility.

that's good to know. I'm starting to get everyone's cell info. I'll sign up for twilio too. Looks like 100 SMS texts per month over the course of a year should cost me about $10/yr as well.

Thanks
Keep in mind that their pricing is per 160 character message segment. Not per message.

Al - Amazing as always your app has transormed my barely 6 man home game into a two table roster of 50 guys. Without your app I'd have quit hosting already!

Just downloaded 3.7 - new IOS user.

Getting an error when running the shortcut "Conversion Error - Send Message failed because Shortcuts couldn't convert from Text to Contact, phone number, or email address".

Anyone seen this before?

Getting an error when running the shortcut "Conversion Error - Send Message failed because Shortcuts couldn't convert from Text to Contact, phone number, or email address".

Anyone seen this before?
Can’t say I have. Check to see how you’ve formatted the phone numbers in the guest list. It should just be a raw number. No spaces hyphens etc.

If that still doesn’t work I can help you next week.

Hi Al Azouri Thank you so much for creating this invite tracker it is honestly such a godsend. I'm having trouble with changing the date from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy format even after changing it in settings and reloading many times

Hi Al Azouri Thank you so much for creating this invite tracker it is honestly such a godsend. I'm having trouble with changing the date from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy format even after changing it in settings and reloading many times
You’re welcome.

I haven’t spent a time of time testing this option but I heard it worked for others.

What is it specifically that happens or doesn’t happen when you flip that setting?

You’re welcome.

I haven’t spent a time of time testing this option but I heard it worked for others.

What is it specifically that happens or doesn’t happen when you flip that setting?
the date format changes for the dashboard but not for the set event date and date tab. it’s pretty small but can get confusing when both numbers are single digits

I can't get the tracker to send messages through twilio. As far as I can tell, I've set everything up right, including all the registrations and verificatioins on twilio, and set up the api info on the tracker, but twilio doesn't seem to be receiving anything from it. Anyone run into this before?

I can't get the tracker to send messages through twilio. As far as I can tell, I've set everything up right, including all the registrations and verificatioins on twilio, and set up the api info on the tracker, but twilio doesn't seem to be receiving anything from it. Anyone run into this before?
I got it to work. Have you verified that twilio is sending messages successfully.

yes, I did a test message through twilio directly and it went through
I have the check box checked, copied the SID and auth token in, and added the phone. For your phone number, make sure you prefix it with the +1 Mine didn’t work until I added that

I have the check box checked, copied the SID and auth token in, and added the phone. For your phone number, make sure you prefix it with the +1 Mine didn’t work until I added that
"+" is the only thing I have missing. I keep adding it, but it keeps disappearing when I unselect that field, also doesn't show it on the number in the status box when sending

Add a single quote in front of it. It’s a spreadsheet, so it thinks you are adding a formula. ‘+1…

Add a single quote in front of it. It’s a spreadsheet, so it thinks you are adding a formula. ‘+1…

that sort of worked. after doing that, the first test message got to twilio, but not my phone. all subsequent messages have not shown up on twilio though.

I was looking at my direct from twilio test that went through. Still nothing at all getting from the tracker to twilio :(

Last edited:
that sort of worked. after doing that, the first test message got to twilio, but not my phone. all subsequent messages have not shown up on twilio though.

I was looking at my direct from twilio test that went through. Still nothing at all getting from the tracker to twilio :(
hmm... that's above my pay grade. I know I had to do some things in twilio to get outside texts working right, but it all eventually worked.

Mark

hmm... that's above my pay grade. I know I had to do some things in twilio to get outside texts working right, but it all eventually worked.

Mark
Yeah, from what I recall you had to register your campaign and wait for it to be approved.

Yeah, from what I recall you had to register your campaign and wait for it to be approved.

I just got done jumping through all those hoops. Everything on twilio is set up and approved, campaign included. That's why this is so puzzling, there's no discernible reason it shouldn't be working unless there's some kind of coding error happening that I don't understand.

I just got done jumping through all those hoops. Everything on twilio is set up and approved, campaign included. That's why this is so puzzling, there's no discernible reason it shouldn't be working unless there's some kind of coding error happening that I don't understand.
I’m currently traveling with no access to a laptop, but I’m happy to take a look this weekend. I’ll need you to share your sheet with me. Pm me and I’ll give you my gmail.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom