Poker chip cleaning (1 Viewer)

I actually had to stir the soap through the water then it would just vibrate. No-to very little suds at all. more when your took the tray out and did a scrub. I put a "healthy" dose of soap in and added more ad-hoc. More/Less soap making little difference with a preference for more....even with lots there was no "suds" issue
Wry interesting- I’ll have to experiment with that!!

Thanks!

So I was looking into it a bit and thinking about a time and such...
shipping using a business account would look like about $30 each way for 20lb. box (15*12*12) CA.... I was thinking maybe something like $0.10/per chip for just regular cleaning, and maybe $0.15 for cleaning and oiling.

is this something that would interest people? this is still something that is up in the air and I would have to delve a little further into this and do some trial runs and definitely a bit of testing on the oiling aspect of things, so nothing is set in stone. Like I said, I am just trying to get a feel for the interest vs. price.

I have 600 dirty starbursts. Shipping from Ohio. What would it cost me? Let’s see a quote :)

Interesting and probably helpful to a lot of people if you could find a quick and reliable way to do this.

I imagine a good amount of before/after pics would help you get the ball rolling a lot.

One other issue is also:

What if something goes wrong? Faded colors, inlay water damage or whatever.

I'd potentially be interested for my CPCs, as they can't go in the ultrasonic and take much more time to do by hand...not sure if you'd be interested in that kind of thing. Although I live in Canada so the shipping would probably be prohibitively expensive

Yeah, the lighting made them look cleaner then they are - lol. They are pretty dirty

I wash my Paulson chips by letting then sit in warm water with a little dawn dish soap in a sink. Then I carefully scrub them with a toothbrush that I only use for this purpose. Then dry with a microfiber cloth. They always come out looking great. Takes a fair amount of time but I don’t mind it too much.

So I was looking into it a bit and thinking about a time and such...
shipping using a business account would look like about $30 each way for 20lb. box (15*12*12) CA.... I was thinking maybe something like $0.10/per chip for just regular cleaning, and maybe $0.15 for cleaning and oiling.

is this something that would interest people? this is still something that is up in the air and I would have to delve a little further into this and do some trial runs and definitely a bit of testing on the oiling aspect of things, so nothing is set in stone. Like I said, I am just trying to get a feel for the interest vs. price.
You can get 700 chips in werneke boxes in a MFRB at around $16 each way. If that helps any.

Love to see some before / after with no oil and then with oil. I think it'd help everyone get a good idea of how well it works.

This type of bulk cleaning may be best left for Paulsons. CPC/ASM and precursors, beware.
^^^ This is very important... The community has yet to find a cleaning solution for an ultrasonic that is moderately effective on CPC/ASM chips.
I'd potentially be interested for my CPCs, as they can't go in the ultrasonic and take much more time to do by hand...not sure if you'd be interested in that kind of thing. Although I live in Canada so the shipping would probably be prohibitively expensive
I would need to see before and after images of CPC chips cleaned using the OP's ultrasonic and his chosen cleaning solution. I would not recommend being the guinea pig for this process.

How much to clean and oil a 1000 chip Paulson thc set?

if it’s reasonable I would be interested

How much to clean and oil a 1000 chip Paulson thc set?

if it’s reasonable I would be interested
Sorry for the late reply, things have been crazy for me lately... this was kinda put on the back burner since there was little interest generated from the post... I was thinking something like 10 cents per chip to give you an idea, but really needed to do some more tests/research/trials to firm up that price. Other issues like what chips are comparable for this method also needed to be worked out.

I actually use a ultrasonic for my gold refining work and have access to other equipment that would make it easy-ish to do some chip cleaning, so I figured I'd test the waters to see what the interest is.

I will say, it worked very well for my batch of paulsons I cleaned.

I do it as a vendor service and it's rarely taken advantage of, and doesn't make a ton of money, but it's useful to get chips clean.

I wouldn't expand my venture on cleaning. Wouldn't be worth it on that service.

I do it as a vendor service and it's rarely taken advantage of, and doesn't make a ton of money, but it's useful to get chips clean.

I wouldn't expand my venture on cleaning. Wouldn't be worth it on that service.
Which site is yours? I may purchase a cleaning. Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom