Services Milling- Pricing and Guide (Updated June 2022) (1 Viewer)

Josh Kifer

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
MILLING
Paulson chips - 90 cents each

Please ship with Warneke boxes, if not, I can make them available for 3 bucks each new for ship-back. 1 Dollar fee if I have to use an old box in stock.

I have bits for 7/8, 1 inch, and 1 1/4 inch. I also have a RHC 1 and 1/8 bit. A 30-dollar fee applies to using the RHC bit, to compensate for me having to shut down and rework the jig. The process is a bit different, so results can vary.

Return shipping is required when returning the chips, insurance is available if you need it. I'll get you return tracking the day they ship. I hold no responsibility for packages lost by USPS, so please buy insurance if you have any doubt.

Chip Cleaning is no longer offered. Danny does a great job and I would push individuals to reach out to him.

I hold no responsibility for damaged chips during any process I use. I'll reach out if any damage occurs and ask if ya want me to keep going. Older ASMs are prone to this.

I keep No Stock of chips available to mill. If I do, I'll post them here for sale.

Always up for trading services for chips. Just PM me.

KMCo Denom Discount chips are out there and can be used for face value off any job. All chips have been given away, so I reserve the right to cancel the chips at anytime or to anyone. Please - No using discount chips for more then half of the value of one single job. Thanks!

Limited Edition KMCo Rare chips - No other discounts are available if one of these is used. Each chip must be sent physically with the order. Only one order per chip.

Foil - foil can be left on chips that are milled. I can't control that. I do my best to get what I can, but starbursts can leave some lines. I have zero liability with the chips chosen for milling. I just do the deed. If i notice that we are going to have foil on the entire batch of chips, ill reach out and we will chat.

Please only send chips that you want milled. Any accidental milling of chips in a package is not my fault. If they are milled, they will be charged. I do not want to damage any chips you don't want milled as much as you so. So please, just send chips you want milled.

Any unpaid but finished orders will be sold after 60 days to recoop the costs involved. Any money made over the cost will be donated to a Charity. Please do not just leave a project waiting without chatting with me first. I am happy to never do this, but i cannot wait for payment. Please send me your projects when you are ready to go.

Inlayed chips - Yes. I can mill Inlayed chips. No. I don't like doing it. Results can be good, with minimal cleanup to do for a useable chip, but are rarely perfect (example is down this post, with examples of the issues). In a worse case, old laminate can melt into the chip and need scraped off. Be aware of these difficulties. I will communicate every step of the way, and have no issue cancelling a job if you arnt liking the results. No fees apply past the cost of the milled chips and return shipping.

Those who tip, the fresca's are appreciated.

Last edited:
OH yea! Custom chip set coming soon to a poker table near me. When we can get out and play again that is.

Update - Bulk discounts have been Cancelled as of July 18th. Unless I have your chips in my shop or you are actively sending them, please be advised the price will now just be the flat cost.

If you accept said risks, yes. I always have a chat with people before to set expectations.
We've done it before, I'm cool with it. I'll send you a PM later this week, I'll have work for you!

Interesting? What risks if you don’t mind me asking
There will always be extra cleanup with prior inlay edges. With that, the pockets can be deeper then I go on HT chips, and it can leave some false edges. If you are expecting them as clean as a hot stamp, you'll be disappointed. If you are good with a smidge of leg work or know what your expecting, it takes about 1/10 the time of hand murdering.

There will always be extra cleanup with prior inlay edges. With that, the pockets can be deeper then I go on HT chips, and it can leave some false edges. If you are expecting them as clean as a hot stamp, you'll be disappointed. If you are good with a smidge of leg work or know what your expecting, it takes about 1/10 the time of hand murdering.
Obviously YMMV, but this right here. I happily go with Josh's option if it means hand inlay removing at least 60 chips with the risk of slicing my fingers open. A barrel of chips takes me over two hours to inlay remove by hand, and that's if I'm moving well and most inlays are vinyl and come off in one piece. If the inlays are paper, I'm totally fucked.

Obviously YMMV, but this right here. I happily go with Josh's option if it means hand inlay removing at least 60 chips with the risk of slicing my fingers open. A barrel of chips takes me over two hours to inlay remove by hand, and that's if I'm moving well and most inlays are vinyl and come off in one piece. If the inlays are paper, I'm totally fucked.
Yeah, I can have 800 done in a weekend when that could take weeks by hand.

Curious, are there any pics of milled inlaid chips? I know what some of the 'things that could not look as nice' mean, but I'm curious what the end result actually looks like compared to milled HS and hand murdered inlaids.

IMG_20200715_145150.jpg

So, as you can see, the edge from 7pm to 12 has a old inlay around it. Just gotta peel it up. But due to there being two edges on that side, they will be a small false edge.

It's also a bit deeper then I'd normally go. It's totally useable, but as someone who primarily does Hot Stamps, I notice the difference and always try and be transparent.

As I say, it's always about expectations.

View attachment 718794

So, as you can see, the edge from 7pm to 12 has a old inlay around it. Just gotta peel it up. But due to there being two edges on that side, they will be a small false edge.

It's also a bit deeper then I'd normally go. It's totally useable, but as someone who primarily does Hot Stamps, I notice the difference and always try and be transparent.

And FWIW, the deeper recess makes the chips sound great. A lot more "umph" in the thud when the chips are shuffled and brought together.

View attachment 718794

thanks for the example Josh. About what I expected but always good to ask.

What is considered a good tip, chips or cash?

Asking for a friend.

T

Update - Chip cleaning is now on a per basis cost. Instead of just charging for ultra, detail cleaning can be done at an added cost. PM if you wanna chat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom