PLEASE HELP A SCHOOL TEACHER IN NEED! (1 Viewer)

Big Jilm

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My brother in law, Lance Wren passed away unexpectedly. He went in to the ER and they said he had a lung infection. Next day they said he actually had a small heart attack. Day after that they said it was a massive heart attack and they placed 4 stents. After being forced to do dialysis, his potassium spiked and his heart stopped. He was a teacher for 16 years. He taught 4th and 5th grade, junior high, he was a technology coach for 5 years, and he started teaching high school this year. He was a HUGE sports fan, loved the Lakers, Dodgers, LA Kings, and the Chargers. He had the best sense of humor, this guy could make anyone laugh. He also loved playing Texas Hold 'em (I always told him he could use better chips though, lol).

He leaves behind my sister Susie and their 13 year old daughter Alex. My sister is a teacher as well for the last 31 years teaching 4th grade. She has won teacher of the year 3 times. She and Alex are devastated. In my recent visit to see her, we were trying to make sense of the financial situation. It turns out that my sister has over $180,000 of debt to deal with. At first we thought Lance didn't have any life insurance, but we found 2 policies totaling $75,000. That is obviously not nearly enough.

One of his colleagues has started a Go Fund Me page to help my sister out and to hopefully prevent her and Alex from losing their home. If anyone can contribute ANYTHING, my family thanks you from the bottom of our hearts. RIP Lancezilla

Go Fund Me Link: https://gf.me/u/xgnkgz

45080320_1580179582510074_r.jpeg

talk to a lawyer argue the medical bills the hospital will\should nock out some of it. Also i am not sure if they live in a "community property state", if they dont she might not be responsible for it. again, the cost of a good lawyer might say her thousands if not tens of thousands.

Unfortunately, none of that is medical. I don't think she is going to get a medical bill....at least I hope not

Please send my condolences to the family - I know how much it hurt me when my mother died, I don't wish this on anyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom