Playing Card Review: Guild (6 Viewers)

got my two setups today. wish I had ordered more at that price. Cards shuffle really nice.

20160615_230343.jpg
20160615_230532.jpg
20160615_230633.jpg
20160615_230904.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine, and I really like these, I will need to shuffle them all night to see how they compare to other setups I have. But so far they are great...

I'm a former dealer and unless I'm forgetting something these are miles and away the greatest cards I've ever used and it's not even close. I had to pry myself away from the poker table to go write a review. I'm not exaggerating when I say they make me miss dealing. I got the bridge sized cards.

Ordered two setups of Red/Blue Bridge Jumbo. Have to say I'm very impressed. They have a nice medium flex but a really soft texture/feel. They shuffle nicely and I'm pretty sure they will be easy to toss/deal/handle after they are broke in. Colors are bright, especially the red. AOS is a looker as well. All around nice decks, I think these will be a nice addition to the card rotation.

Thanks again Eddie for the offer code. (y) :thumbsup:

I received my cards today Bridge size Jumbo index. They look and feel great, will be using these in my next home game. These are a great deal, added my review to amazon.

Stupid me missed out. I had them in my Amazon cart but got distracted and never placed the order until it was too late. Ah well, that's what I get for not paying attention.

Got mine yesterday, and they look and feel great. Not much to add to the above reviews already. I will write a review on amazon soon.

Love the back design too, black looks really good

Thanks @Eddie Kamal for the great offer

Wondering if anyone has feedback as to how well these cards slide across a hard surfaced table. Given that the cards seem to be related to Modianos, I have had trouble with Modiano Bike Trophy and purple Modiano Cristallos not sliding across the round, smooth surfaced utility table we play cards on. Pitch them and they bite right away and immediately stop. It is almost comical and we notice that if we flip the cards over and deal them face up they slide perfectly as you would expect cards to. I'm sure most of you are dealing these on felt, but if anyone has experience on a hard, smooth surfaced table I'd love to hear your results or if anyone could toss a few across their kitchen table to see how they do. Also, if anyone is using these on a hard surfaced table how is the ink holding up. Obviously such a table is less than ideal, but its what we have, and having played with Modiano Cristallo in blue, red and several other colors that do slide well, I find that the ink on the face of the cards shows wear quickly, within 3-5 games, whereas for us, Copag ink lasts much, much longer. I have read the exact opposite of this, so who knows, but it is what is happening for us. Anyway, after recently buying 6 decks of Modiano Bike Trophy I'm a little concerned to see that these Guild cards seems to possibly be made/printed by Modiano. I have not tried Modiano Platinums, afraid they may not slide well for us. The prudent thing to do would probably just be to stick with Copags, but these Guilds are pretty nice looking cards, would like to give a set a try. Hoping some of you check back on this thread. Thanks!!

Coming out of a 9 year near poker hibernation to find warped Kems and Copags that bled, I went researching new cards. Well, as of yesterday I now own 11 set ups from 7 manufacturers with a set up from Cartamundi on the way...all bridge (as poker cards should be;))

Comparing them all, I found Guild, Bicycle Prestige, and Fournier to be almost identical in texture and flexibility. The Bicycle cards seem slightly, but noticeably, thicker. I like them a lot. Totally different feel then I was used to with Kem and Copags but I really like this style of card.

I bought from Amazon and went with jumbo index only because they didn't offer narrow reg index with the beige centers. I'll use the jumbo when I play with my 73 year old Father in law and his friends. They never fold and have a hard time reading ....every board:rolleyes:

Coming out of a 9 year near poker hibernation to find warped Kems and Copags that bled, I went researching new cards. Well, as of yesterday I now own 11 set ups from 7 manufacturers with a set up from Cartamundi on the way...all bridge (as poker cards should be;))

Comparing them all, I found Guild, Bicycle Prestige, and Fournier to be almost identical in texture and flexibility. The Bicycle cards seem slightly, but noticeably, thicker. I like them a lot. Totally different feel then I was used to with Kem and Copags but I really like this style of card.

I bought from Amazon and went with jumbo index only because they didn't offer narrow reg index with the beige centers. I'll use the jumbo when I play with my 73 year old Father in law and his friends. They never fold and have a hard time reading ....every board:rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum! Personal preference is personal preference, but I find the Fourniers and Guilds to be nowhere near the same. I'm glad you found something that works for you! Good to see another PA member.

Thanks! Seems like PA is well represented.

Hmmmm. You made me grab the cards to double check. To me, with the Guild, Fournier, and Bicycle (all bridge sized) all next to each other, Bicycle is about 5% stiffer and rougher than the Fournier. The Fourniers are about 2% stiffer than the Guilds but the texture is identical to me. Maybe one of them changed their stock but I would bet 9 of 10 people couldn't tell the difference between the Fourniers and Guilds in a blind test. Especially if you just have them a deck to shuffle.

I'll have my group do the "Pepsi Challenge" at the next game and report back:)

To me they definitely represent a distinct style of plastic card very different than Kem, Copag, Gemaco, and Dal Negro

Last edited:
In some cases, Bicycle Prestige *are* Fourniers. Fournier made at least one of the styles of BP's.

Yes, and for the price (around $8 w/o a box) for the Bridge set up its hard to justify buying anything else. That said I just bought 8 different set ups this week to try them out so I don't always need to justify my purchases.(y) :thumbsup: I wish Bicycle made other designs.

I often spend more for things made in the US so I am happy that I liked the Guilds...a lot. To me they are great combo of stiffness and texture. I would love to see them make bridge sized standard index beige center cards.

I always loved Kems but all but one of my decks warped (pre AND post USPC) I got some Gemacos Superflex but it seems only one vendor carries them. Is that it for well made Amercian manufactured cards?

Answering my own question above, just in case anyone that comes along might be interested, I recently purchased a setup of KEM and Guild cards because the Modiano Bike Trophies I had just got in would not slide on the hard surface table we play cards on. I am sure that most everyone here is playing on cloth, but in case you are not... tried the cards on two wood veneer office desks and the similar surfaced 60" round table we use for poker KEM slide all the way across the tables and off onto the floor and the Guilds, like the Mondianos, would only make it halfway across the table and stop, which is not really functional when trying to deal. Now that doesn't discount the quality of the card at all in my mind, good cards like this are intended to be used on a real poker table. The cards are very nice looking and to me have the characteristic Modiano feel that I really like, shuffle nicely, nice graphics and I'm a bit bummed I'm not going to get to use them as much as I had hoped. I remain very puzzled why Cristallos in blue and red did so well for us, but not in purple or Bike Trophy, nor the Guild which I am assuming to be very much like the Modiano Platinum Acetate.

Winning Was Never Been Such Easy Before
Gamblers Warehouse are proud to announce a 3 day promotion to all of their customers for their Guild brand designed by Blackout Brothers.

During the promotion period both the decks will be sold at 50 percent off Retail Price on amazon using Coupon code: guildd50.

That’s a great deal for everyone. Only 150 sets of each version would be available at this price. Hurry up to grab yours today as after this promotion the prices go back to normal.

And that’s not all. All those customers who avail this offer will also have a chance to Win 3 Guild Deck Sets for free through a selection process.

Here are the details to grab 3 deck Set of Guild for free.
  1. Purchase any of the Guild Deck Set through our amazon at discounted pricing. Follow the links below for the product pages:
  2. On receiving the decks you will have to write a 20 words product review on the amazon product page for Guild. The reviews could be positive, neutral or negative. Only those customers will qualify for the free Deck set Promotion who have successfully posted their reviews on the amazon product page.
  3. Once done you will enter into a lucky draw where 3 of the members will be selected at random to receive 3 free Guild Decks Set.
  4. Hope you will all enjoy this contest.
Web Link:

http://amzn.to/1Uq3aWT

Thanks for your support !!

Cards are great, they were a great deal. Did you ever do the lucky draw?

I finally got mine into play (Black and Gold, Jumbo Index, Bridge size setup) this last Saturday, I shuffle and deal every other hand so I got a lot of touchy feelly with these cards (as I do at all my games).

These cards GREAT, my hands did not get tired and the glide nicely on SSC....No sticking, no flipping, no double card dealt, no bending, no warping (that can see), I rate these high on the scale A++, I will not be using my copags unless a second table is running, but even then I also have the Bicycle Prestige that are very much like these (I think my copags are not going to get used..:D.

Anyway, This was a great deal for some AWESOME cards..

Thanks to @Irish @Eddie Kamal

Bought 2 setups of these in black and gold last week and they were played last weekend.
SEXY cards! (y) :thumbsup:

They feel and handle great. Previous to these, my favorites tended to be the Modiano Platinums or some Dal Negro decks.
Just hopped in on the Piatnik GB and wonder if I have found my two NEW top favs. :cool:

It's been a while since players randomly throughout the night were saying "Oh...these are really nice..where did you get them?"

Review Update: 2-10-17

One of our Regs who was admiring this setup a couple weeks ago asked if I could pick him up a set.
I brought them to last night's game and by the end of the night, he was down $900.00.

He promptly declared that the decks were defective and never wanted to see them again... :LOL: :laugh:

As the benefactor of his pain, I have to say, "I still like them!" (y) :thumbsup:

I've used these cards a dozen times in the last 6 or so months, still holding up very well, no signs of wear or bowing. They shuffle and pitch great (and work in the shuffletech when I'm using that) and my players really like them as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom