Play A Hand With Me 2/2/5 PLO (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Session has been kinda meh. Hero hasn't been up at all, was stuck $700 at one point, fought back to even, currently stuck $200

Hero has $800 and is in the BB. A couple of players are away from the table and most pots have been either limped multiway, or raised to $15-20 preflop with one or two callers.

Button has the $5 rock (straddle). SB folds. Other stacks at the table are similar and game hasn't been too spewy

Hero looks at :ac::as::7h::3c:

Hero?

Rock acts last preflop, right? What was the action to you?

you should raise not limp - you will be very deep regardless and this is just to manipulate spr a bit.

If I understand the action correctly, it folded to the button (who was skipped because he was the rock). The SB folded and action is on us. There is no one left in the hand except us and button.

Seems to me the button is coming along regardless. If we raise, we playing a bigger pot, out of position with a hand that is "nice" but only has a nut flush draw to go with those aces. We also open ourselves up to a re-raise by button.

If we simply limp, the button will either raise (which we considered ourselves) or limp behind. Either way, we aren't bloating a pot that we are playing out of position for the remainder of the hand... and our hand is somewhat camouflaged.

I limp.

How has the button been playing? What is the perception of your play? Have you had to show down strong hands?

How likely is he to raise if it's limped to him? If he's really agro I'd consider limping in hoping he or someone behind you raises and then repot to narrow down the field.

And if it limps around and the button doesn't exercise his option then so be it. You have AA suited OOP. See a flop for cheap.

If I understand the action correctly, it folded to the button (who was skipped because he was the rock). The SB folded and action is on us. There is no one left in the hand except us and button.
Usually the way it works with the rock is the action starts to the immediate left of the rock. In this case, the SB, who folded. Action is now on hero.

Usually the way it works with the rock is the action starts to the immediate left of the rock. In this case, the SB, who folded. Action is now on hero.
Oh, wow... so potential callers all over the place... yeah... standard early position raise. This could get sticky.

First to act for the rest of the hand is no place to play this hand for a large pot. There aren't a lot of flops you love that get action from other players anyways. Your hand is trash if you don't flop an A or club draw and those boards won't get you action. Keep the pot small and flat call.

The 7 is a garbage card, so we are really playing a 3-card hand. I like raising to thin the field, if that will actually thin the field.

This is why I hate PLO. I want to raise this, but there isn't enough of a pot for me to raise it big enough for the raise to get anyone to fold. I limp. Hopefully someone else raises it and I can repot it.

Standard raise. I know sometime Hero likes to limp/backraise with this hand though...so you could do that too.

Seems to me the button is coming along regardless. If we raise, we playing a bigger pot, out of position with a hand that is "nice" but only has a nut flush draw to go with those aces. We also open ourselves up to a re-raise by button.

If we simply limp, the button will either raise (which we considered ourselves) or limp behind. Either way, we aren't bloating a pot that we are playing out of position for the remainder of the hand... and our hand is somewhat camouflaged.

I limp.

The Rock is a forced straddle posted by the winner of the previous hand. Action begins to the left of the rock, who gets last action (i.e. an option to raise)

How has the button been playing? What is the perception of your play? Have you had to show down strong hands?

How likely is he to raise if it's limped to him? If he's really agro I'd consider limping in hoping he or someone behind you raises and then repot to narrow down the field.

And if it limps around and the button doesn't exercise his option then so be it. You have AA suited OOP. See a flop for cheap.

The whole table at this point in the session has been unfortunately mostly TAG. I haven't been winning this session, but the pots I do win I have shown down strong holdings.

PREFLOP ACTION

Button is $5 Rock/Straddle
SB Folds
Hero Limps with :ac::as::7h::3c: for $5
Other Players Fold
Button raises to $20 and has Hero covered (over $800)
Hero ?

The Rock is a forced straddle posted by the winner of the previous hand. Action begins to the left of the rock, who gets last action (i.e. an option to raise)

The whole table at this point in the session has been unfortunately mostly TAG. I haven't been winning this session, but the pots I do win I have shown down strong holdings.

PREFLOP ACTION

SB Folds
Other Players Fold
Hero ?
You are isolated. That is what you hoped for as soon as you saw your cards. Just call.

Yeah, I think I call as well. Wishing we had a paint card to go with our nut clubs and AA. My midget PLO mind (no offense) is thinking this is a medium high starting hand?

PREFLOP ACTION

SB Folds
Other Players Fold
Hero calls

REASONING

Hero is OOP and relatively deep-stacked. If stacks were more shallow it's ok to repot here and get it in or create an SPR of 1:1 where your flop decision is automatic.

While I wouldn't classify our hand as "shitty Aces", they certainly aren't premium Aces either. The A3 and the 37 are connected to make some straights, but will rarely make the nuts.

Our opponent is competent enough that if we repot him he'll likely know half our hand, allowing him to have not only a positional advantage on us postflop while deepstacked, but also an informational one. By calling we keep our own hand range wider, denying our opponent the informational advantage we'd provide if we reraise here.

FLOP ACTION

Pot: $40

:2h::2c::4d:

Hero first to act and ?

I'm check/calling here, but I acknowledge the Hornet knows his shit, and check/raise looks legit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom