Pickup Trucks I want to get some people's experiences on (1 Viewer)

Do you need a truck? There are some great options offering more space, better fuel economy, at a lower cost- depending on your particular needs.

I have a 2019 RAM Limited.....love all the features and couldn't be happier.....it came down the the RAM and F150 for me and I felt you got more for your money with the RAM....Ford cost a lot more to get similar package.

Get that one from the commercial with the cat and the former Dilly-Dilly Budweiser King. Walter is bad ass. It must be the best.
giphy.gif

I’ve owned GMC and Chevrolet pickups all my life, never any issues. I prefer GMC overall.
3 2wd
2 4wd
2 2wd suburbans
2 4wd suburbans
Just bought the grey suburban yesterday!
I pulled my wife's horse trailers and my racecar trailers with two Suburbans for well over 25 years,. Rock solid and loved them.

I bought my 2002 Tacoma new… it’s still my ride and I still love the thing. My son’s almost driving age, so when it comes time… I’m buying another Tacoma.
I still have an 03 Silveraydo here
65,000 miles
Put some stuff on it like a lift / 33s / Military wrecking ball bumper. It went from about 18 to 8 MPG but I love it :)

The Tacomas are top of the line. If I replace my 07 RX350 Id probably get a lifted Tacoma from some kid he's upside down on
here.

My Toyota Tacoma is a 2017 Double Cab TRD Off-Road so it’s outside your official range but I have zero regrets and love it. It’s quieter than my 2008, which I also loved, and rides better. If I actually did more truck-centric stuff and didn’t live primarily in large cities, I would have considered the Tundra. But, the Tacoma is the right blend of size and flexibility for me. I’ve moved a lot of things in it, and the four doors make it a legit transport for 4-5 people. I finally added a Toneau cover to the bed which has worked out WAY better than I ever imagined, and frees up even more space in the cab while protecting the stuff in the bed. Tacomas hold value incredibly well, and overall reliability has been outstanding.

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram. It's 20 years old and drives like a dream. I just wish it had the economy of my HR-V. But for winter driving, it just cant be beat.

Tacomas are underpowered for the gearing they run. It makes using the cruise control a waste of time as it continually searches for gears in mountains. I loved the last two Tacomas I had otherwise. Now have a 2022 RAM 1500 Bighorn, crew cab, 6.5 bed with 5.7 Hemi, 3.92 rear. Love everything about this truck so far except parking it and the gas mileage. I chose the rear gearing to tow in mountains.

Tacomas are underpowered for the gearing they run. It makes using the cruise control a waste of time as it continually searches for gears in mountains. I loved the last two Tacomas I had otherwise. Now have a 2022 RAM 1500 Bighorn, crew cab, 6.5 bed with 5.7 Hemi, 3.92 rear. Love everything about this truck so far except parking it and the gas mileage. I chose the rear gearing to tow in mountains.
Good point. I’ve also noticed this on hilly parts of freeways, actually. But I notice it does this regardless of cruise control or not.

Objectively, this and perhaps a slightly stiffer suspension than I’d love would be my only two complaints. Otherwise, love mine.

Good point. I’ve also noticed this on hilly parts of freeways, actually. But I notice it does this regardless of cruise control or not.

Objectively, this and perhaps a slightly stiffer suspension than I’d love would be my only two complaints. Otherwise, love mine.
My last Tacoma was a 2016. That’s when I learned the hard way that the tranny gearing just doesn’t cut it. I looked for solutions on the forums but you couldn’t do a supercharger like TRD in the past. So I went full size truck this time. RAMs are rated at the top 4 years running now so taking my chances with it. I didn’t really have much choice with options. My Taco was totaled and almost no inventory for what I needed.

In the market to lease a new truck. Keep being told 4 to 5 months to deliver a factory order.

In the market to lease a new truck. Keep being told 4 to 5 months to deliver a factory order.
Yeah. I need one too. Impossible to get anytime soon unless I am willing to overpay MSRP.

My favorite vehicle I’ve ever owned was a 96 Tacoma. Unfortunately they don’t hold to sliding off road and landing on a concrete culvert. LOL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom