Pets (3 Viewers)

20201206_221145790_iOS.jpg

So, we’re entering the world of dog owners tonight. We’ve adopted this little gal, an 11 week old cur hound mix. She’s been doing great with training from her foster family, and we are over-joyed with her. We decided to name her Finley..

More pics when she’s home. Mrs. Krafticus is over the moon with joy here...

1428BA68-5427-4D93-8D42-111AB742CCA7.jpeg

as first time puppy parents , and tips for us?

Mark

So, we’re entering the world of dog owners tonight. We’ve adopted this little gal, an 11 week old cur hound mix. She’s been doing great with training from her foster family, and we are over-joyed with her. We decided to name her Finley..

View attachment 612734

Mark
Awwww congratulations!!!! Lots of time training early, make sure she knows her yard boundaries and do some leash training. Hope you guys enjoy her in your family!

Spoil her rotten and enjoy. Until she is about 6 months, try to make any training a fun game.
If you've never trained a dog, its worth reading up on it for some important basics, especially if she will grow large.

View attachment 612734

Mark

Just do what feels right Mark....that's one lucky puppie :)

View attachment 612734

Mark

congrats Mark, that’s awesome! My advice, when it comes to talking her outsid to do her business, try your best to get her on a consistent schedule so she doesn’t go in the house. Looking forward to meeting her!

View attachment 612734

Mark
Exercise is everything. Don't use the crate as punishment. Whenever she wakes up, eats, or plays, take her out immediately after, that helps with the potty training. Expect to lose some things you like to chewing. Most of all, enjoy it!

View attachment 612734

Mark
So cute! Can't wait to meet her. Lots of good advice already given.

Be careful allowing pups to sleep in bed unless you're okay with it when full grown. I let a cute 12 week old lab do it and now she is 100 pounds of bed hog and I have to fight for space every night. :meh:

So cute! Can't wait to meet her. Lots of good advice already given.

Be careful allowing pups to sleep in bed unless you're okay with it when full grown. I let a cute 12 week old lab do it and now she is 100 pounds of bed hog and I have to fight for space every night. :meh:
This is the truth. We are a dog in the bed family. There's been studies that it helps with bonding, they think the pack is sleeping together.

Also another pointer - I recommend socializing her with other doggos during your training stages. I'd give her 30 days to fully acclimate to her new home, and slowly introduce her to dog parks, puppy play centers, or other dogs. This will help you identify how social she is with other dogs, and what to expect as she gets older

His name is Kish?! :wow:
HER name is Kish....

When we were looking for names we came across a biblical definition for Kish, "our gift". "Our gift" was actually gifted to us after our boys first dog, Sky, was struck by a car in our neighborhood. Just a fluke accident but a devastating one for our family. We called the breeder, which we had become close to, after Sky's passing. In an unexpected gesture she "gifted" us a puppy that had been returned because their other dog wouldn't assimilate with the new arrival. She truly was a "gift". We've had her now 12 years in February and our family has been immeasurably blessed.
(since finding that definition for Kish we haven't been able to find it again...)
C5AE1B90-288D-49E8-BEE9-B0B7969B38F7.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom