Pets (2 Viewers)

"Beware of Dog"

20210228_225823.jpg

You've been warned...

Not my pet, but Baxter belongs to the family I’m painting for. He’s a 13yo cockalier. Each morning, he’d hobble up the stairs to say hi. Right now, the family is gone, so he’s just following me around and sitting at my feet wherever I’m working. :)
AC7FBF77-0C1F-4A5D-95F1-9337452A8778.jpeg
7E017E35-3441-428A-BF94-3EA1B242A253.jpeg

We cant fence our backyard, has anyone used and had success with the invisible fence or something similar?

We cant fence our backyard, has anyone used and had success with the invisible fence or something similar?
we just installed one (1/4 the price of a wooden fence), and Finley has had 0 issues with it. we showed her the flags for a week, then had round 2 of training. She loves being outside all of the time, and we never worry about her getting through. We also only went 1/2 way down the front yard so that people walking wouldn't have to worry about her bolting to the street. We also left a side on the garage without the fence, so that we could take her outside of the area and she knows that its her safe place without getting zapped. we went with the Invisible Fence brand, and I was told they were far superior than any other brand.

Mark

They aren't 100%. A pitbull using an invisible fence blew right past hers, and tore the ever-lovin' shit out of my leashed dog, resulting in surgery. It was the scariest 2 minutes of my life. So I'd say, depends on the dog, and how badly they want to get to the other side of the fence.

edit: But with those sweet pups, I bet it would work great.

Last edited:
They aren't 100%. A pitbull using an invisible fence blew right past hers, and tore the ever-lovin' shit out of my leashed dog, resulting in surgery. It was the scariest 2 minutes of my life. So I'd say, depends on the dog, and how badly they want to get to the other side of the fence.

edit: But with those sweet pups, I bet it would work great.
Also important: Invisible fence might keep your dog IN, but definitely does not keep other dogs/ predators OUT.

Do they have small storage pockets? It would be nice to have a place to store waste bags instead of carrying them in my pocket.

Are they anti-pulling?
No they don’t stop them from pulling, Otis is a puller, we are working on that. Fred needs to be pulled lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom