GB Completed PCFDBGB09 - GREATEST HITS (dealer buttons & accessory chips) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six packages set to be delivered today. I already warned the wifey.

UPS delivery.jpg

Dealer Buttons are on the poker table! I haven’t confirmed everything is accounted for yet. Chips are still in the boxes.

View attachment 1160482

And for the first time ever, I had a DB casualty! Sad to see.

View attachment 1160483
I think sometimes a button has a flaw or some internal cracks that make it susceptible.
I drilled holes in a bunch to make the homer donut buttons, and had one break very easily. I’m convinced there was a flaw or something in the base, because everything was fine…until it wasn’t.

DB7C38FA-933D-4325-9BE9-B08633470BC8.jpeg

Looks like everything in our order is accounted for, except the exploded bomb pot button. Fortunately, I had a couple of extras of those on my shelf, so we are all good. I’ll start sorting the individual orders next.

Quick update. I noticed there were a couple of minor errors on the Deadwood, PAC Man and Ms PAC Man dealer buttons.

The Deadwood DBs were supposed to have a slightly different image on each side. But about half were printed with one image on both sides, and the other half were printed with the other image on both sides.

The PAC Man DB was printed with the Ms PAC Man rolling edge, and the Ms PAC Man DB was printed with the PAC Man rolling edge.

Minor errors, but errors nonetheless, and BR Pro Poker offered to remake them for us right away. Amazing customer service from an outstanding vendor. If you ordered any of the affected DBs, I will reach out to you to determine how you want to proceed.

Quick update. I noticed there were a couple of minor errors on the Deadwood, PAC Man and Ms PAC Man dealer buttons.

The Deadwood DBs were supposed to have a slightly different image on each side. But about half were printed with one image on both sides, and the other half were printed with the other image on both sides.

The PAC Man DB was printed with the Ms PAC Man rolling edge, and the Ms PAC Man DB was printed with the PAC Man rolling edge.

Minor errors, but errors nonetheless, and BR Pro Poker offered to remake them for us right away. Amazing customer service from an outstanding vendor. If you ordered any of the affected DBs, I will reach out to you to determine how you want to proceed.

Thank you for checking the fine details, as a Mr/Ms Pac Man orderer I appreciate it.

So the printing errors are delaying things for me just a bit, and I apologize for the extra time it is taking me to get everything ready to ship out. Tomorrow will be a big packing day, and I hope to get a ton of shipments out the door by Thursday. I'll try to get them all before I take off for a weekend getaway, but some might spill over into next week. Again - sorry for the delay. This order is a monster.

X Files GIF by The X-Files

Also, it's been 7 weeks since the order was placed, so if your address has changed in the past two months, please let me know ASAP.

Preferably in the same PM that I sent the payment request.

So the printing errors are delaying things for me just a bit, and I apologize for the extra time it is taking me to get everything ready to ship out. Tomorrow will be a big packing day, and I hope to get a ton of shipments out the door by Thursday. I'll try to get them all before I take off for a weekend getaway, but some might spill over into next week. Again - sorry for the delay. This order is a monster.

X Files GIF by The X-Files
You’re a rockstar!
Don’t worry about scrambling to get all this done, enjoy the damn getaway!

I imagine we can all wait…and anyone that can’t,
9A1075D0-6EE7-4E9A-8229-E9E5434C9145.gif

Received my package today, thank you @Himewad

I didn’t know the oreo button didn’t come attached .. I had an idea about drilling and putting a magnet in them but seeing the above post where it can shatter, I am now having second thoughts.

How are folks planning to put theirs together?

I didn’t know the oreo button didn’t come attached .. I had an idea about drilling and putting a magnet in them but seeing the above post where it can shatter, I am now having second thoughts.

I think it only broke because I was going all the way through it. Plus, I’ve drilled 70+ buttons with complete holes without issue.
I know other members have done the recessed magnets with no issues, I wouldn’t hesitate with a good forstner or clean-out bit and mild pressure.

They offered to remake the errors lol. Of course they should and really should have been double checked by them in the first place before sending out like you did. I'm not sure how that translates to good customer service.

They offered to remake the errors lol. Of course they should and really should have been double checked by them in the first place before sending out like you did. I'm not sure how that translates to good customer service.
Well, if you have ever done any kind of business, mistakes will be made. People aren’t perfect. Making things right is excellent customer service.

Also, I’m leaving for the weekend shortly (thru Monday). A little more than a dozen more packages will be dropped off at the post office when we leave. The PMs with tracking numbers have already been sent out. Everything else, including the DBs that are being re-made, will be going out the door next week.

I'm going to take a wild guess with my uber vivid imagination, but, I'm thinking that visually there was no way of knowing the DB was compromised, and, the resulting damage occurred while traveling halfway across the country, getting jostled from the road and thrown around by package handlers. The great customer service comes after the issue was revealed.
My glass is always more than half full.

Yeah, I never attach the Oreo DBs because some people glue them, some insert magnets, and some have used those thin Velcro stickers. Lots of ways to do it. I have one that is glued and one that uses the magnets.

I'm going to take a wild guess with my uber vivid imagination, but, I'm thinking that visually there was no way of knowing the DB was compromised, and, the resulting damage occurred while traveling halfway across the country, getting jostled from the road and thrown around by package handlers. The great customer service comes after the issue was revealed.
My glass is always more than half full.
A verification step of artwork during production could have prevented printing errors and cost of remaking how many parts? A verification step prior to shipping could have saved shipping cost, time delay and a bad wrap for it. Neither of which has anything to do with handling damaged items.
Passing the cost of these mistakes on to customers in order to keep their profit margin in the green is why many times customers would rather gamble with saving a buck China made since the quality control procedures obviously aren't much better on this side of the water.

A verification step of artwork during production could have prevented printing errors and cost of remaking how many parts? A verification step prior to shipping could have saved shipping cost, time delay and a bad wrap for it. Neither of which has anything to do with handling damaged items.
Passing the cost of these mistakes on to customers in order to keep their profit margin in the green is why many times customers would rather gamble with saving a buck China made since the quality control procedures obviously aren't much better on this side of the water.
I'm going to take another wild guess that they have such few issues that the added cost isn't beneficial as opposed to handling the occasional issue that does arise. I've purchased from them several times and never had an issue, as have many others here.

I'm going to take another wild guess that they have such few issues that the added cost isn't beneficial as opposed to handling the occasional issue that does arise. I've purchased from them several times and never had an issue, as have many others here.
If they can't afford to tell the person running them or person shipping to take the 30 seconds and check artwork for each item then they may as well automate the whole thing and have it autoprint like walmart photo vs paying for a premium service.
Yes, this was a big order but from the sounds of it there was an amount of messed up printings, not just one and a decent amount of people affected by their lack of quality control measures. Maybe you were just lucky, or maybe they just had a crappy don't care worker the day our stuff was made.
The fact replacements had to be made in the first place may very well affect any future business sent or not sent their way.

Last edited:
If they can't afford to tell the person running them or person shipping to take the 30 seconds and check artwork for each item then they may as well automate the whole thing and have it autoprint like walmart photo vs paying for a premium service.
Yes, this was a big order but from the sounds of it there was an amount of messed up printings, not just one and a decent amount of people affected by their lack of quality control measures. Maybe you were just lucky, or maybe they just had a crappy don't care worker the day our stuff was made.
The fact replacements had to be made in the first place may very well affect any future business sent or not sent their way.
Considering how small the errors are, they would be very easy to pass through QA with this amount of designs and the sheer quantity of items. The options are either they take a much longer QA process and you get your DBs a week later, or they send them out and fix any errors quickly and with apologies (about a week later). They’re ensuring fast shipment and remedying any issues - seems like a great company to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom