PCF Pipe and Tobacco (2 Viewers)

Sorry for the crap photos, cleaning. I’m fixing to sell this stuff, and I’m pretty sure I’ve got another box of pipes and several more wood pipe storage racks, some with the jars.

Any interest?

C64DA142-DDF4-4B59-9F52-4A9E8224B59F.jpeg
EC240AD1-7824-445C-9FF9-26F7557BE731.jpeg
5448604F-EB66-4AFD-8AE2-9EFA6919A498.jpeg

My two Handmades from MT. The Horn is my favorite for a quick smoke...
IMG_20200516_102519.jpg

Tonight is going to be Lane 1Q in my corncob....

I miss smoking inside. Ever since I had kids my wife won’t allow it. My regular game in Raleigh used to be at a friends house who is single and we could smoke cigars and pipes inside and play poker. That was the best

I miss smoking inside. Ever since I had kids my wife won’t allow it. My regular game in Raleigh used to be at a friends house who is single and we could smoke cigars and pipes inside and play poker. That was the best
I smoke outside, my tobacco jars are just stored behind the chips. Lol...

I’ve been smoking cigars for years. I think I’m going to get a pipe soon.

Recommendations? Can I get a quick run down of the “essentials” so I’m not going in buying dice chips or Lakeshores?

Recommendations? Can I get a quick run down of the “essentials” so I’m not going in buying dice chips or Lakeshores?

pm your address I’ll send you estate pipe I don’t use anymore and some tobacco. I don’t have an extra tamper so you’ll have to get one. Or just use a nail. Watch some YouTube videos on how to pack a bowl and enjoy!

pm your address I’ll send you estate pipe I don’t use anymore and some tobacco. I don’t have an extra tamper so you’ll have to get one. Or just use a nail. Watch some YouTube videos on how to pack a bowl and enjoy!

The packing definitely took me a while to figure out. It's definitely more of an art than a science. You'll get frustrated. Your pipes will go out. Just keep at it... eventually it just "clicks."

The packing definitely took me a while to figure out. It's definitely more of an art than a science. You'll get frustrated. Your pipes will go out. Just keep at it... eventually it just "clicks."
I started this method over the three bowls method, and have yet to have a bad smoke. It feels too tight when doing it, but it's a perfect pack.

So typically cigar smoker will gravitate to English blends with latakia. Peterson Nightcap, Arango Balken Supreme and Peter Stokkebye Proper English are easilly obtainable at TobaccoPipes.com. You may want to try a Virginia/Perique blend like Rattray's Marliin Flake. Straight Virginia's usually cause issues with cigar smokers because they need to be sipped. Like pulling liquid up a straw but not getting it all the way into your mouth is a good cadence. If you puff too hard the tobacco will get too hot and fry your tongue. I would recommend buying Biotene mouthwash because it will happen as a new pipe smoker.

I spent the morning making up some Virginia/burley and Virginia/perique personal blends today.

d5f4a66689e239d05a6ef44f174ff8ef805d2b3d_2_374x499.jpeg

So typically cigar smoker will gravitate to English blends with latakia. Peterson Nightcap, Arango Balken Supreme and Peter Stokkebye Proper English are easilly obtainable at TobaccoPipes.com. You may want to try a Virginia/Perique blend like Rattray's Marliin Flake. Straight Virginia's usually cause issues with cigar smokers because they need to be sipped. Like pulling liquid up a straw but not getting it all the way into your mouth is a good cadence. If you puff too hard the tobacco will get too hot and fry your tongue. I would recommend buying Biotene mouthwash because it will happen as a new pipe smoker.

I spent the morning making up some Virginia/burley and Virginia/perique personal blends today.

View attachment 471770
I'm a Virginia fan myself, but Nightcap is wonderful when you need a good evening smoke. Good call.

Not going to be any cheaper or more available then right now.
Agreed. I did six Mason jars and a few tins as, ya never know when the value goes away. And it won't go bad in the basement locked away. It'll only get better.

do you find any difference between the dunhill nightcap and since it was bought by Peterson?
Never had the original, so I can't tell ya the difference. Most on my Reddit group I poke around in say it's nearly the same, but the reviews made me get my Tin.

do you find any difference between the dunhill nightcap and since it was bought by Peterson?
Same company that was producing Nightcap under Dunhill name is doing Peterson. It was basically a label change. The bonus it seems that Peterson Flake had some age on it when I grabbed a few tins. Probably sat in the warehouse a few years while the they tried to sell the brands. It was a nice bonus.

I infrequently smoke cigars, but do enjoy them with a bourbon. I would like to try a pipe, my great grandfather smoked one when I was young,I remember him sitting in his shiny leather chair speaking with his thick french accent puffing on his pipe. I was 4 when he died and I still fondly remember the smell of that pip 45 years later. Any recommendations for a first decent pipe?

I infrequently smoke cigars, but do enjoy them with a bourbon. I would like to try a pipe, my great grandfather smoked one when I was young,I remember him sitting in his shiny leather chair speaking with his thick french accent puffing on his pipe. I was 4 when he died and I still fondly remember the smell of that pip 45 years later. Any recommendations for a first decent pipe?
Missouri meerschaum Cob is what I tell everyone for there first. Cheap, smoke really really easy, and can last forever. Minimal investment with best results.

There are some that insist that a weed from Hobbiton is marijuana
J.R.R. was a notable smoker of Capstan Blue. At the time it was made in U.K. and had a Lakeland scent. The Capstan factory closed in late 80s and with it the Lakeland version of the blend.

Received my recommended corn cob pipe, ran down to the local Federal Cigar store where I found they have in house pipe blends (I'm assuming they are in house}, I received a menu of the blends - they were in individual baggies, with printed labels. I grabbed Virginia Blend and Nougat - 2 aromatic blends. Really like the Virgina Blend. I think I've found a new little hobby. Thanks guys!

Received my recommended corn cob pipe, ran down to the local Federal Cigar store where I found they have in house pipe blends (I'm assuming they are in house}, I received a menu of the blends - they were in individual baggies, with printed labels. I grabbed Virginia Blend and Nougat - 2 aromatic blends. Really like the Virgina Blend. I think I've found a new little hobby. Thanks guys!
Good call. Enjoy it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom