PCF Cigars (15 Viewers)

Make it 2 for today. First Punch I have ever had. Really liking it
838F6384-5EC8-4534-B207-3678C950189C.jpeg

Had my first one of these two nights ago, after my HDM experience. It definitely seemed like a fuller smoke. Not sure how I felt about it but I have 9 more and 2+ more weeks of r&r so I will give them plenty of chances.

Had another HDM last night and it was equally as enjoyable as my first. Only one more in my tri-pack but I will definitely be getting a full box (or two!) when I go back through Dubai. Only issue is that both the HDMs and MCs I got from there seem pretty dry. We shall see.

The HU half coronas are underrated. Those look amazing.
It’s on most Cuban smokers radar. It’s an incredible short stick. I mostly smoke shorter cigars now since I don’t smoke for long. When I can have a long smoke, I just smoke two.

I’m smoking the bolivar now since I’ve never had it before. It’s pretty good, creamy and mild to medium body. Pretty decent smoke for it’s price. I can tell I’m gonna work through these two boxes pretty fast.

Quality service from ihavanas.com, I have to say. Just out of interest: when storing these (I'll be using a large Boveda bag), do people take the plastic wrappers off each cigar?

View attachment 693936
View attachment 693942
You'll find people in different camps.

I personally leave the cello on the cigar. Keeps the cigar protected from damage.

You'll find people in different camps.

I personally leave the cello on the cigar. Keeps the cigar protected from damage.
Interesting, for sure. I ultimately opted to take them out; I just don't like the idea of my cigars in cellophane for a long period of time. Would rather them breath a little and transfer oils etc. (Is that even a thing?)

I am no expert and my humidor only holds 40-50 cigars.
I keep cigars I plan to smoke in the next few weeks in their cellophane and in boveda humidor bags. I remove the cello from the cigars I plan to keep in my humidor for several weeks or months however.

I am no expert and my humidor only holds 40-50 cigars.
I keep cigars I plan to smoke in the next few weeks in their cellophane and in boveda humidor bags. I remove the cello from the cigars I plan to keep in my humidor for several weeks or months however.
Yeah, realistically, these are going to be there for months, so good to see somebody else with the same thinking.

Interesting, for sure. I ultimately opted to take them out; I just don't like the idea of my cigars in cellophane for a long period of time. Would rather them breath a little and transfer oils etc. (Is that even a thing?)
If I am keeping them in my built in humidor I can see reason for removing cellophane. But if they are going in my Tupperware or bags, cello stays on. Don't want the moving around to cause cracks or a broken foot on the cigar.

I'm far too lazy to remove the cello. Plus it gives you a better idea on aging them - once the cello turns yellow, you know it's almost ready ;)

I have a few old Padrons in my humidor that are probably 15-20 years old. Cello still on, smoked one the other day and it was fantastic.

I'm getting married on May 29. Any suggestions for a mild 6" inch for me and the boys that will be drowned out by some cocktails?

I'm getting married on May 29. Any suggestions for a mild 6" inch for me and the boys that will be drowned out by some cocktails?

LFD double ligero!!!!!!!

;););)

j/k - listen to @CraigT78 :
Perdomo Champagne. My favorite mild cigar. Also the same I would recommend to new cigar smokers.

Davidoff Signatures are also a nice mild wedding cigar with that "wow" brand recognition of those who don't smoke a lot. They're very pricey though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom