PCF Cigars (9 Viewers)

DD9E3836-480D-40AC-93E6-DADCE0BC48BB.jpeg

^Tupperdor!
Man, the tupperdor has been a lifesaver lol. I have a regular humidor, but i've been having some pretty terrible luck seasoning it. When I got it, I did the instructions that came with it which was to soak a sponge in distilled water, lay it on some plastic in the humidor and let it sit for 2 days. It didnt season right though, and the cigars i had started to dry and the humidity plummeted. Thankfully I had some nice tupperware laying around to use, but now i've got an 84% boveda pack in there for however long it takes plus the little puck thing i soak in filtered water and pop in there.

Man, the tupperdor has been a lifesaver lol. I have a regular humidor, but i've been having some pretty terrible luck seasoning it. When I got it, I did the instructions that came with it which was to soak a sponge in distilled water, lay it on some plastic in the humidor and let it sit for 2 days. It didnt season right though, and the cigars i had started to dry and the humidity plummeted. Thankfully I had some nice tupperware laying around to use, but now i've got an 84% boveda pack in there for however long it takes plus the little puck thing i soak in filtered water and pop in there.
The Boveda pack works really well. I keep one in my humidor at all times. Stays at a constant 68-72% humidity, I highly suggest using one.
Just have to replace once a year.

The Boveda pack works really well. I keep one in my humidor at all times. Stays at a constant 68-72% humidity, I highly suggest using one.
Just have to replace once a year.
Thats impressive! I've got a 75% in my tupperdor right now and its amazing. Just hoping that this 84% one will do the trick with my actual humidor

Thats impressive! I've got a 75% in my tupperdor right now and its amazing. Just hoping that this 84% one will do the trick with my actual humidor

suggestion for you

leave it alone, after you have placed the 84 in there keep it shut for 2 weeks, DONT CHEAT, after that you should have no problems, let them do their work

Yep, if you don’t need/want a fancy display, Tupperware is great. You can get a Sistema Klipit (BPA free- 236 oz) for about $15 bucks. Through in 1 of 2 Spanish Cedar trays @ $15 each, 3-4 boveda 60g packs and your good. The great thing about the Sistema is they’re big, bpa free, and have an O-ring so they’re air tight.

Good luck with seasoning the humidor. Give it time. Getting a climate controlled environment is the struggle for me. Considering a refrigerated humidor if I can find the right one to help maintain temp.

+1 Sistema and bovedas. You can recharge bovedas too. Bunch of details on reddit or foh.

There are many ways to recharge the boveda packs, but the easiest is to wait for a rainy day and put them outside under cover like a porch. Leave them out there for a day or so and they are good to go.

So, I’m curious to know what everybody uses to protect their investment. Quality sticks can be expensive. I’m just getting back into smoking cigars after taking a break for many years and I was going to start building a nice collection.

I was thinking about springing for a nice Daniel Marshall desk top humidor but there’s one problem. Maintaining humidity is easy with boveda packs or heartfelt beads but what about temperature? I live in SoCal so the weather doesn’t have drastic swings but I don’t keep my house @ 70 degrees 24/7. I’ve looked at winedors but most only go up to 66 degrees at the most and who knows how accurate some of those are?

All of this has made me hold off on buying larger quantities of cigars to hold here at home. Am I overthinking this? Would love to know what you all think.

Thanks
I use a wineador and a desktop humidor. Sticks I'm aging are in large tupperware. I use Boveda in all my applications.

First Saturday in awhile with nothing to get done but the laundry. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Oh, and one of my all time favorites to leisurely enjoy the rest of the day with. View attachment 531746
@Jonesey07, we all want to see some prOn in this thread by next weekend.:tup:

ive only had a few “real” Cubans and none of them were good. Is it possible I just got duds? They were confirmed real but they were like smoking an old chicken bone, even after being in the humidor for a few weeks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom