Not open for further replies.

jpietrella

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Help.

22583.jpg

Need quantity but will take any that are available. Don't have a whole lot to trade but I'm open to any discussion about $$ and can be very flexible with anyone who has racks available.

Last edited:
I obviously don't own a single one of these chips, but with the way the market is going it may be worth your while to spell out what you are willing to pay for them... These chips are out there, I just always find it is easier to mention what you are looking to pay so a potential seller knows what neighborhood he would need to be in, if you are too low they wouldn't want to start a conversation that's never going to meet in the middle. Just trying to help!!

Happy Holidays and hope you find your Christmas wish!!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Some of the best 5s out there. I have 10 sitting on my work desk that I haven't fondled since March. Been work from home since then :(

I obviously don't own a single one of these chips, but with the way the market is going it may be worth your while to spell out what you are willing to pay for them... These chips are out there, I just always find it is easier to mention what you are looking to pay so a potential seller knows what neighborhood he would need to be in, if you are too low they wouldn't want to start a conversation that's never going to meet in the middle. Just trying to help!!

Happy Holidays and hope you find your Christmas wish!!

Fellow Chipper Ben
Thank you! Nope, I always welcome helpful tips, so thanks. Per your suggestion I added what I'm willing to offer in the OP.

I don't think it will take that much just have to find someone that is willing to move on their set... It is very hard to pull a single denom out of a set and make it not playable for any cost when you have spent a bunch of money building the rest of the set. Same thing recently happened with the secondary fracs… yes I am sure there is a number somewhere that would get someone to move, but these chips seem to have recently found their happy homes for a while. doesn't mean that will not change at some point, but right now people aren't selling. possibly waiting to cash in on the big pay day like many others have around here. All you can do is try and if it doesn't work have patience or start trying to locate epic trade bait. Many of us have the mentality that they already invested their money in the hobby, money is not what they are interested in, its possibly other rare chips that they could work another set around.

Again not trying to thread crap but continuing to raise your offer on these chips is only hurting others on the same hunt or eventually plan to be on the same hunt (driving the overall value of the chips in question up). something to think about. Also this is the trouble of building a set one denom at the time... gotta start with the hardest to find and then fill in the easy chips.

Fellow Chipper Ben

Yep, totally get it. Thanks!
But also...
Damned if I do, damned if I don't. :p

I don't think it will take that much just have to find someone that is willing to move on their set... It is very hard to pull a single denom out of a set and make it not playable for any cost when you have spent a bunch of money building the rest of the set. Same thing recently happened with the secondary fracs… yes I am sure there is a number somewhere that would get someone to move, but these chips seem to have recently found their happy homes for a while. doesn't mean that will not change at some point, but right now people aren't selling. possibly waiting to cash in on the big pay day like many others have around here. All you can do is try and if it doesn't work have patience or start trying to locate epic trade bait. Many of us have the mentality that they already invested their money in the hobby, money is not what they are interested in, its possibly other rare chips that they could work another set around.

Again not trying to thread crap but continuing to raise your offer on these chips is only hurting others on the same hunt or eventually plan to be on the same hunt (driving the overall value of the chips in question up). something to think about. Also this is the trouble of building a set one denom at the time... gotta start with the hardest to find and then fill in the easy chips.

Fellow Chipper Ben
Looking at the prices of other chips...there is plenty margin for growth here
If NAGB THC chips are selling for 7-10/chip...RHC chips selling for 300-400/rack and more...bourbon fivers sold at 1700/rack and Jack 43mm chips 4500/rack
Market is going crazy atm

Face value is not a realistic price for these fivers.
The fact that a $600/rack offer doesn't pull up anything says plenty.

The PCA $5 is one of the best THC fivers made...like ever.
Only way to find some in quantity is finding a full set or offer enough for current holders to shave off one or two racks.
Since there are many members looking, that will not be an easy task...

I also presume that many many racks of these are locked down at chippers that are not active in the community anymore.
We sometimes see a few of these members surface but plenty are not.
So the total count of racks still available atm might be a lot less then expected...

I think it would be best to wait when covid has left the building and things go back to normal here...don't see current prices holding up.

Not trying to drive the price (never selling mine) but just my 2c
And i'm not a fan of the trade bait approach....it tend to take away chips from those building that set and increase prices.

Besides that, since every WTS needs to have a price now (good thing), plenty of members post WTT's that are just a way to present chips for sale without a price.
I could offer racks of PCA fivers or hundos or a few racks of Protege 1K & 5K...only to be traded for MGK Grand Cardroom fivers or other chips that are made of unobtanium...I know that is not going to happen.

GLWS JP

Last edited:
Looking at the prices of other chips...there is plenty margin for growth here
If NAGB THC chips are selling for 7-10/chip...RHC chips selling for 300-400/rack and more...bourbon fivers sold at 1700/rack and Jack 43mm chips 4500/rack
Market is going crazy atm

Face value is not a realistic price for these fivers.
The fact that a $600/rack offer doesn't pull up anything says plenty.

The PCA $5 is one of the best THC fivers made...like ever.
Only way to find some in quantity is finding a full set or offer enough for current holders to shave off one or two racks.
Since there are many members looking, that will not be an easy task...

I also presume that many many racks of these are locked down at chippers that are not active in the community anymore.
We sometimes see a few of these members surface but plenty are not.
So the total count of racks still available atm might be a lot less then expected...

I think it would be best to wait when covid has left the building and things go back to normal here...don't see current prices holding up.

Not trying to drive the price (never selling mine) but just my 2c
And i'm not a fan of the trade bait approach....it tend to take away chips from those building that set and increase prices.

Besides that, since every WTS needs to have a price now (good thing), plenty of members post WTT's that are just a way to present chips for sale without a price.
I could offer racks of PCA fivers or hundos or a few racks of Protege 1K & 5K...only to be traded for MGK Grand Cardroom fivers or other chips that are made of unobtanium...I know that is not going to happen.

GLWS JP
I can see your point sir, but also a recent offer to buy a rack of secondary fracs for $750. I felt like it was a good time to mention my thoughts on the matter. I do not disagree that these are probably below current market. Minty highly desirable shaped inlay leaded Paulsons should probably run a bit higher than chips of slightly lower grade that have been selling for more.

I have always thought that the secondary $1s are way below where the market should be for those. I get that they are RHC and do not match the set... but the colors are amazing, they are leaded and have textured inlays. I do not understand why they don't bring $2 plus when they are part of a rather expensive set for the rest of the chips in the series.

I also understand your point on trade bait, but with the hobby ever growing and demand for leaded THC chips not slowing down. The hobby is changing... you can't just sell your THC chips anymore and wait to buy the next set that comes along as a change of scenery. Everyone has the right to do with their own chips whatever they please! I just think after the sale there are going to be a lot of regrets if your can't find a suitable replacement. Also noobs coming in now are really behind the 8 ball. Brie and I have only been around just under two years and OMG how this hobby has changed in that short time frame. I do agree this is mostly due to one person... is what it is. But man I don't see an equation where future collectors will be able to own multiple sets of high end chips. I guess its all how you look at it... but I see a lot more people getting in on ceramic chip group buys and Sunfly hybrids rather than clay chips. Maybe it will come full circle in time but it is doubtful.

look at all the Hype that the JACKS chips had, every time you logged in... JACKS JACKS JACKS, now every time its HSI HSI HSI. People have been joking that RHC is the new THC and unfortunately its true!

@jpietrella if I have learned anything in this hobby it is that persistence is key!! Keep on fighting the good fight, eventually a good lead will come up. I believe if you want something bad enough it will eventually work out!! I hope sooner rather than later for you buddy! Unfortunately as others have said, you may have to buy a whole set and sell off the denoms you don't need and then the next guy will be right back here looking for $5s! LOL lets hope that is not the route you have to take!!

Ben

As someone who has owned a secondary PCA set for a couple of years now, I agree with some of what both @Ben8257 and @Thomacetti are saying. I am so glad I bought my set a couple of years ago before prices really went crazy.

It is one of my favorite sets and the five is just an awesome chip. Some would argue the best $5 out there. Would I ever sell? Perhaps, but what else would I buy with the prices as crazy as they are? It would have to be a crazy offer. Unless I was for some reason looking to sell all of my chips.

So you have two paths imo. Keep searching as you are doing now and, as @Ben8257 said, you will eventually find what you are looking for even if it means buying a set and selling a chunk. Or keep increasing your price, which will turn up some loose racks of $5s at some price point.

In any event, good luck!

I can see your point sir, but also a recent offer to buy a rack of secondary fracs for $750. I felt like it was a good time to mention my thoughts on the matter. I do not disagree that these are probably below current market. Minty highly desirable shaped inlay leaded Paulsons should probably run a bit higher than chips of slightly lower grade that have been selling for more.

I have always thought that the secondary $1s are way below where the market should be for those. I get that they are RHC and do not match the set... but the colors are amazing, they are leaded and have textured inlays. I do not understand why they don't bring $2 plus when they are part of a rather expensive set for the rest of the chips in the series.

I also understand your point on trade bait, but with the hobby ever growing and demand for leaded THC chips not slowing down. The hobby is changing... you can't just sell your THC chips anymore and wait to buy the next set that comes along as a change of scenery. Everyone has the right to do with their own chips whatever they please! I just think after the sale there are going to be a lot of regrets if your can't find a suitable replacement. Also noobs coming in now are really behind the 8 ball. Brie and I have only been around just under two years and OMG how this hobby has changed in that short time frame. I do agree this is mostly due to one person... is what it is. But man I don't see an equation where future collectors will be able to own multiple sets of high end chips. I guess its all how you look at it... but I see a lot more people getting in on ceramic chip group buys and Sunfly hybrids rather than clay chips. Maybe it will come full circle in time but it is doubtful.

look at all the Hype that the JACKS chips had, every time you logged in... JACKS JACKS JACKS, now every time its HSI HSI HSI. People have been joking that RHC is the new THC and unfortunately its true!

@jpietrella if I have learned anything in this hobby it is that persistence is key!! Keep on fighting the good fight, eventually a good lead will come up. I believe if you want something bad enough it will eventually work out!! I hope sooner rather than later for you buddy! Unfortunately as others have said, you may have to buy a whole set and sell off the denoms you don't need and then the next guy will be right back here looking for $5s! LOL lets hope that is not the route you have to take!!

Ben
Well, my apologies to the community in advance for being annoyingly persistent!

As someone who has owned a secondary PCA set for a couple of years now, I agree with some of what both @Ben8257 and @Thomacetti are saying. I am so glad I bought my set a couple of years ago before prices really went crazy.

It is one of my favorite sets and the five is just an awesome chip. Some would argue the best $5 out there. Would I ever sell? Perhaps, but what else would I buy with the prices as crazy as they are? It would have to be a crazy offer. Unless I was for some reason looking to sell all of my chips.

So you have two paths imo. Keep searching as you are doing now and, as @Ben8257 said, you will eventually find what you are looking for even if it means buying a set and selling a chunk. Or keep increasing your price, which will turn up some loose racks of $5s at some price point.

In any event, good luck!
Thanks!

Dibs if you sell?

Thanks!

Dibs if you sell?
$5 chips are @Hornet frac in his game... what is it you guys play $20/$40 NL?? LMAO

I agree @jpietrella stay on it man, you never know when it is just going to be the right place at the right time!! How many do you have so far? Have you posted pictures of your set? Sometimes people want to see where the chips are going... you never know if someone will see the pics and say... "man that is an awesome set!! I don't really need a ll of mine and I would like to see that guy get to playable!" again just the little things you learn along the way around here.

Fellow Chipper Ben

$5 chips are @Hornet frac in his game... what is it you guys play $20/$40 NL?? LMAO

I agree @jpietrella stay on it man, you never know when it is just going to be the right place at the right time!! How many do you have so far? Have you posted pictures of your set? Sometimes people want to see where the chips are going... you never know if someone will see the pics and say... "man that is an awesome set!! I don't really need a ll of mine and I would like to see that guy get to playable!" again just the little things you learn along the way around here.

Fellow Chipper Ben
Oh OK, great! That's an awesome suggestion. I'll get what I have together so far for this set and maybe snap some modest pictures. Unfortunately I don't have many at this point (less than 2 barrels), but it's more than I started with 2 months ago! If I can accumulate a barrel a month on average I'm pretty certain I'll be ecstatic!

NLHE puts me to sleep. We play Dealer’s Choice PLO games, including drawmaha. And it’s just $1-$2 with a $5 bring in but sometimes there’s quite a bit of action lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom