Paulson Top Hat Poker Chips Pre Sale (1 Viewer)

@Apache

I realize their legal department said no. But can you still. ask permission to use it? Sometimes with these big companies the left hand doesn’t talk to the right hand. The legal eagles may have said no, but their management may not actually mind.

This^

Also, since you began selling these chips after management approved the initial art, I’m going to assume it was not explained to you that there was a possibility the legal department could veto the project. Perhaps if you explained the situation to management and/or legal they may be willing to work with you.

At the very least it would be worth asking GPI if there is a small change to the original art that would satisfy the legal dept.

It would help to know why the legal department decided to nix it. Perhaps they decided it was too close to the Monopoly trademarks and were worried about Parker Brothers.

If that wasn't the case, and legal was worried about the Paulson trademarks, then perhaps making it more like the Monopoly man will satisfy them... Such as putting more shine on the top hat, and making it a white cane.

ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.png

YrKEVK

It would help to know why the legal department decided to nix it. Perhaps they decided it was too close to the Monopoly trademarks and were worried about Parker Brothers.

If that wasn't the case, and legal was worried about the Paulson trademarks, then perhaps making it more like the Monopoly man will satisfy them... Such as putting more shine on the top hat, and making it a white cane.

View attachment 154537

YrKEVK

Like this idea 1000% ^^^ (y) :thumbsup:

Fellas, the top hat and cane is the most iconic trademark in the industry. Do you really think you're going to talk GPI into giving it away on their discount, off-brand chips?

It is not surprising that they do not want to use their own trademark image (Hat & Cane) on something that is supposed to be an advertising product for other businesses/companies. (and as much as I would like it) GPI would not likely allow the use of Parker Bros. trademarked images as well.

Unfortunately the Monopoly dream set is dead. :(

I still think using a horseshoe instead of the top hat gets you something that works well with monopoly.

Who said anything about game tokens?

Parker Brothers (Hasbro) doesn't control all images of thimbles, or wheelbarrows, or shoes.
Yeah I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. I just like the horseshoe :)

How about if you keep the top hat and replace the cane with something else generic that is still related to poker and monopoly? Bowtie? Moneybag? Something like this?

top hat moneybag.JPG

Fellas, the top hat and cane is the most iconic trademark in the industry. Do you really think you're going to talk GPI into giving it away on their discount, off-brand chips?

Since management approved the original art it follows that they do not have a problem with this. If the concern is infringement on Paulson logos they do have the power to grant permission of its use.

Considering many members have already paid for these chips in good faith I don’t think it’s unresonable that every effort be made to work this out. No matter how small the chance of success is.

How about we just move on. I seriously doubt that Apache is interested in rocking the boat, when he's already pushing the envelope to some degree re: promotional chips.

People on this forum "move on"? Did I just warp to some alternate reality? ;):p

I'm sure Apache is not worried about us Monopoly geeks trying to resurp the design just for our boardgame needs.

A for the monopoly players
View attachment 154560

B more generic
View attachment 154561

but I do like these designs as well. (y) :thumbsup:

I cant just “move on” when I have what I consider to be a significant amount of money tied up in these.
We are being asked to wait for refunds until new artwork is produced which Apache “hopes to have ready by next week.”
Meanwhile many of the suggestions in the other thread do not resemble these chips at all.

I cant just “move on” when I have what I consider to be a significant amount of money tied up in these.
We are being asked to wait for refunds until new artwork is produced which Apache “hopes to have ready by next week.”
Meanwhile many of the suggestions in the other thread do not resemble these chips at all.
Personally — I didn’t buy these as monopoly chips. And I don’t want monopoly chips. I want poker chips.

They weren't but some of us thought the design worked perfectly for Monopoly chips.

Only 1 or 2 of use were buying them for specific use as boardgame chips. I ordered a set that could be used for both boardgames & a heads-up poker set.

Since we are waiting around to see what the replacement set is going to look like, I'm just killing time yapping/wishing for a set that isn't going to happen anyway.

If you are already convinced that you will not have any interest whatsoever in the new design (whatever it may be), then request a refund from @Apache -- no need to wait if you are sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom