Paulson Top Hat Poker Chips Pre Sale (1 Viewer)

They are faux-shaped. We did not start art for the other set. Not sure what it will be.

Not sure what the price will be after pre sale.

It weird that the "promotional chips" are going to have a retail price. I'm fine with all of this but is Gemaco aware that they'll be retailed? I'd hate to see this great opportunity axed.

If you're thinking relabels or inlays replacement, you'll probably be disappointed.

Due to the giant inlay, I don't believe this type of chip can properly support either. :(

Correct... ish. Giant inlays cannot be removed & replaced, and labelling over them would suck because you'd still see the part of the original inlay that extends past the inlay recess.

HOWEVER -- I was under the impression that one could specify the inlay size for these. The Gemaco web site mentions maximum inlay size, which implies you could go less than that.

I was also under the impression that denominations were not permitted, e.g. 25 - 100 - etc, even without a currency symbol? Tommy's PCF anniversary chips have a giant 5 on them but it says "Years" underneath that, so perhaps a loophole. A plain number seems a bit more "denominational" if you will.

EDIT: I meant this last part as more of a question than a statement. I mean, I have to assume the design has been OK'd or pre-orders wouldn't be underway. Does anyone know for sure what the "rules" are for what's allowed on the inlays?

Last edited:
This inlay design and denoms would work great to use these chips for Monopoly too. In case anybody needed a second reason to rationalize a chip purchase. ;)

I might need a set for that reason. FYI, the standard Monopoly breakdown is 30 bills each of 1-5-10-20-50-100-500, I believe.

This inlay design and denoms would work great to use these chips for Monopoly too. In case anybody needed a second reason to rationalize a chip purchase. ;)

I might need a set for that reason. FYI, the standard Monopoly breakdown is 30 bills each of 1-5-10-20-50-100-500, I believe.

Yep, graphic is great for it and if they had a 10, 20 & 50 chips it would make for a perfect monopoly set. You could maniplulate the bank around with extra 5's and such.

I never use $10, $20, or $50 chips when I play Monopoly. Standard denoms of $1, $5, $25, $100, and $500 work just fine; in fact, I'd argue they are better (for the same reasons they are better for poker). And some people advocate dropping the $1 chips entirely, rounding up any values to the nearest $5 amount.

This inlay design and denoms would work great to use these chips for Monopoly too

Dang... that's a GREAT design for Monopoly chips! I didn't see that! Sweet idea!

To save someone a Google searching, according to https://www.thespruce.com/how-much-money-does-bank-have-411884 the bank for Monopoly post-2008 is
30 x $500
30 x $100
30 x $50
30 x $20
30 x $10
30 x $5
30 x $1
For a total bank of $20,580

So perhaps a modified chip version with nice even barrels might look like:
40 x $500
40 x $100
40 x $25
40 x $5
40 x $1
200 chips for a total bank of $25,240

Nice!

Edit: Looks like you have to order chip sleeves of 25. So maybe a good Monopoly set would be:
50 x $500
50 x $100
50 x $25
25 x $5
25 x $1
200 chips for a total bank of $31,400

You need to use the plus or minus arrows to add chips to the cart.

It weird that the "promotional chips" are going to have a retail price. I'm fine with all of this but is Gemaco aware that they'll be retailed? I'd hate to see this great opportunity axed.
This is an absolutely fair question. Not sure either if they are fine with that. And I fully agree, would hate as well if because of this further great opportunities would be axed.

Any way we can get a @Ray-Col render of starting stacks for these bad boys? :whistle: :whistling:
Unfortunately that would collide with my general idea/approach to provide 'free renders for everyone'. That obviously means every 'private' member designing his/her own custom set or PCF group buys, but can't be stretched to push the business of professional vendors at no cost. :unsure:
And I don't do paid work either, because I'd like to keep this at hobby status and stay away from situations where I could be obligated to do something because I did it before for a certain amount of money ... that would eat up a good chunk of my joy and freedom. Dunno if that makes sense to you as I'm not very good expressing this kind of stuff :oops:

Unfortunately that would collide with my general idea/approach to provide 'free renders for everyone'. That obviously means every 'private' member designing his/her own custom set or PCF group buys, but can't be stretched to push the business of professional vendors at no cost. :unsure:
And I don't do paid work either, because I'd like to keep this at hobby status and stay away from situations where I could be obligated to do something because I did it before for a certain amount of money ... that would eat up a good chunk of my joy and freedom. Dunno if that makes sense to you as I'm not very good expressing this kind of stuff :oops:

100% get what you're saying.

And really, if people want an idea of how these chips will look, check the PCF 5 year set and use you imagination to fill in the gaps.

Edit: Looks like you have to order chip sleeves of 25. So maybe a good Monopoly set would be:
50 x $500
50 x $100
50 x $25
25 x $5
25 x $1
200 chips for a total bank of $31,400

What would your starting stack be for this breakdown?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom