Paulson Pharaoh's Club (1 Viewer)

I'd plan on $2-$3 per chip, depending on denomination.

FWIW, I just paid ~$2.90 per chip for denoms 25(green), 100(black), 500(purple), 1000(orange).

I have a deal in place with a source for 25¢(blue) chips for $4.25 per.

That would be a great set ....There is a nice set of Paulson nationals up for sale at a reasonable price too! ;-) But seriously, the Pharaoh's are magnificent, and my advice is for you to go ahead and spend the extra money to get whatever set(s) you really like best! You should be just under $3/chip.

Last edited:
Newbie question... is there high demand for the Pharaoh's chips ? what can expect to pay if trying to build a playable set ?

Hey! I live in the city too. AFAIK, we’re the only 2 PCF members in SF :)

Edit: sorry to derail your thread.

There are several different styles of PAULSON PHARAOH chips, Ive seen around. Other than appearance, is there a difference in their origin. For example, some sets have denominations while others have no cash value. does that effect the value of the sets ?

I play with 2 chipper's poker games - 1 in Diamond Heights and 1 in Hunter's Point. They both have great chip collections.

And the Pharaoh's are a fabulous set...one of the first Paulson Fantasy chip sets that I bought. I still have the main set but I've added quite a few to them. Prices that have been given are in the ballpark. Around $2.50-$3 depending on denomination and condition. I do notice that the .25 and the $100 chips go for a bit more around $3.5 - $4.5 The non-denominated versions with the suits mold go for about 25% less. Hope this helps and Welcome to the board.

There are several different styles of PAULSON PHARAOH chips, Ive seen around. Other than appearance, is there a difference in their origin. For example, some sets have denominations while others have no cash value. does that effect the value of the sets ?
The denominations and non-demons came out at the same time just preference. My pharaoh cash set is NCV while my tourney set has denoms

Are the blues hard to find? I suppose they all r to some degree... but what' the hardest. Back n the day, nobody seemed to buy the NCV'S

There is someone selling a set of Pharaohs NCV on eBay right now, blues, red and white. But they are more expensive compared to normal Paulson Pharaohs

What are these going for in 2020? I just joined cause my Chiptalk forum seems to be gone. :( Wasn't on for years since we had kids so sad to see it go.

What are these going for in 2020? I just joined cause my Chiptalk forum seems to be gone. :( Wasn't on for years since we had kids so sad to see it go.

Hello and welcome (back)!

Right now I believe these are going for the low-to-mid $3's per chip if in Excellent condition. Some eBay sellers are asking for stupid money, though.

Right now I believe these are going for the low-to-mid $3's per chip if in Excellent condition. Some eBay sellers are asking for stupid money, though.

Thanks! Glad to see the hobby isn't dead, even if Chiptalk might be. My kids started showing interest in card games so I'll have to get a set to use, all I have left are the Pharaoh's and green & red Sopranos. Got rid of all my NYers. :(

when I told my wife they're worth $3 each she's like "you can't sell those, we played with those before we had kids! They have sentimental value!"

she's a keeper, lol. But I'm gonna order some China clays cause I'm not letting the kids play with Paulsons. Pharaohs would make sense but I like chips with smaller labels like Majestics.

Welcome back to the community! I've been looking at Pharoah's and their cost for about 4 years. They seem to have remained relatively constant throughout that time period. I've recently traded some this week and also put some into play this past weekend. Here's my current, personal assessment of their value per rack for the Paulson Chips house mold for chips that are in new condition:

Blue: 300
White: 300
Reds: 275
Green: 275
Black: 300
Purple/Purple Spot: 300
Purple/Pink Spot: 325
Orange: 300

Pharoah's on the pips mold generally trade for slightly less than their house mold counterparts, despite being more rare. I assume since less people with Pharoah's have chips on that mold, it's less likely for buyers to be looking for them. Most Pharoah's you see are in new/like new condition so it's harder to price worn ones. I'd say once developing round edges, they lose 25% value or more. A new $300 rack becoming worth somewhere around $200-220, depending.

Hope this helps and that somehow you continue to draw value from them as days go by!

And if you or anyone reading this has a rack of NON-DENOM WHITE to spare... SEND ME A PM! PLEASE!!!

One of the best user names I’ve seen ... very nice. Great green gobs of greasy, grimy gopher guts ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom