Paulson Color Sample chips Question (1 Viewer)

brocck

High Hand
Reaction score
I noticed with the color samples there are two different font sizes. See pictures. Is there a difference between the samples with small fonts and the samples with large fonts?
33A49EA6-8C6C-4926-8785-0688C7364A6C.jpeg
1A01DC73-1DF7-43FC-A5D0-045D3DCBEB76.jpeg

I assume the ones with smaller type are newer, since there are more colors… assuming these are complete sets that is

I assumed one of them was newer. I wonder if the colors match exactly or if they have changed over time.

Weren’t the newest colors on RHC as well?

Anyway… I used to have two complete sets plus some extras, and there were some slight variations among some color samples. (I thought this was due to batch variations not Paulson deliberately changing colors, but others would know better.)

Weren’t the newest colors on RHC as well?

Anyway… I used to have two complete sets plus some extras, and there were some slight variations among some color samples. (I thought this was due to batch variations not Paulson deliberately changing colors, but others would know better.)
The set I have is all THC, but the 6-7 new colors only have the bigger font.

looks like the letters are bigger on the larger font ones but idk might just be my monitor

Font sizes have varied widely over time, particularly with some colours. There are also different font types, spellings, etc.

The newest chips all have small fonts, though not all uniform sizes, particularly with the newest colours. Some of those new colours (avocado, petunia, etc.) were initially released on RHC molds, but have since been replaced by THC.

Individual colours have also varied over time, whether by formula or just (I suspect) variation between batches. I have two Desert Flower chips of different vintages that look more different from each other than the Desert Flower and Dolphin Blue from the same set.

20231207_130027.jpg

Last edited:
Font sizes have varied widely over time, particularly with some colours. There are also different font types, spellings, etc.

The newest chips all have small fonts, though not all uniform sizes, particularly with the newest colors. Some of those new colors (avocado, petunia, etc.) were initially released on RHC molds, but have since been replaced by THC.

Individual colors have also varied over time, whether by formula or just (I suspect) variation between batches. I have two Hawaii Flower chips of different vintages that look more different from each other than the Hawaii Flower and Dolphin Blue from the same set.

View attachment 1236175
37th message after being here since 2015... coming in hot with super niche info in an already niche hobby. what other interesting tidbits have you got hiding away for us to be delivered in 2031?

37th message after being here since 2015... coming in hot with super niche info in an already niche hobby. what other interesting tidbits have you got hiding away for us to be delivered in 2031?
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

To be fair, I have been collecting since '03 or so, got (somewhat) distracted by (mostly) kids for a bit, and have recently started to wade back in. But imagine my distress in 2015 when I discovered my 78 colour Paulson set was no longer complete! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

To be fair, I have been collecting since '03 or so, got (somewhat) distracted by (mostly) kids for a bit, and have recently started to wade back in. But imagine my distress in 2015 when I discovered my 78 colour Paulson set was no longer complete! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
id take your 2015 problems anyday. I joined in 2020. We have real problems these days. :cool

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom