Pacific Star / Bud Jones Valuation (1 Viewer)

Well, at least the boat buy wasn’t driven by profit motive....
News flash: The PS buy was a one-man buy, driven by sheer chip lust. I triple-damn guarantee you that there was absolutely zero profit motivation.

I feel fortunate to have one of them. AFAIK, there are six full-table playable sets in existence. I suspect that five of those are held by people who value them just as highly as I do.

And as I sell my chips off, my 1,310 PS chips will be the very last cash chips I hang onto, even after the Vineyards, etc. are all gone. Since I once offered all my chips for $100K and got no taker, I doubt anyone in PCF could or would offer enough "stupid money" to pry these loose. :cool

If I didn't have them, I'd sure have jumped on the present sale at 2.6x the production price!
Larry, I think you misread my post, or at least the tone of it. My thesis is in agreement with yours. My point was the boat buy (including all three buys), was not done with profit in mind. The OP’s buy was solely done for profit.

News flash: The PS buy was a one-man buy, driven by sheer chip lust. I triple-damn guarantee you that there was absolutely zero profit motivation.

I feel fortunate to have one of them. AFAIK, there are six full-table playable sets in existence. I suspect that five of those are held by people who value them just as highly as I do.

And as I sell my chips off, my 1,310 PS chips will be the very last cash chips I hang onto, even after the Vineyards, etc. are all gone. Since I once offered all my chips for $100K and got no taker, I doubt anyone in PCF could or would offer enough "stupid money" to pry these loose. :cool

If I didn't have them, I'd sure have jumped on the present sale at 2.6x the production price!
Sell? :whistle: :whistling:

I'm far from a stickler for rules, but the genesis of this thread definitely seemed to crap on the PS sale IMO. Selling very rare chips that cost $3 to acquire from GPI, likely acquired by the seller for $5-$6 each, then reselling for $6 each doesn't seem too bad. Shit, there are ES chips that we got for barely $1 (GPI undercharged us) that go for $8-$10+ each now.

We have an expensive hobby and folks have a ton invested in their collections. Sometimes that horde needs to be liquidated because life happens. Maybe the person looks like an asshole for selling high, but we don't always know the motivation. Are there extreme examples of douchebaggery? Of course, but I personally try not to let shit bother me. Let folks list/sell their chips for whatever they please. If you don't want to pay it, don't buy it.

Larry, I think you misread my post, or at least the tone of it. My thesis is in agreement with yours. My point was the boat buy (including all three buys), was not done with profit in mind. The OP’s buy was solely done for profit.

Sorry for misunderstanding-- it sounded to me like the usual old StarChips snark that some people just can't drop. My bad...

8FF7C1F9-BC46-4647-BFE4-53AF9C52BF6C.jpeg
Can someone tell me what type of chips these are ?

I played at the Oneida with those chips and hated it. Slipperiest chips I’ve ever used! Stacks were falling all over. If it wasn’t the softest $5/5 PLO game I’ve ever encountered I would have left after an hour.

What is the prediction for where these sell at? I was right that these were a bit high in price at 6.5/ea. but I was wrong in that I thought they would sell already and never get as low as they are now at $4.45/ea.

My prediction is that these sell at $4/ea. which is $4,400.

What is the prediction for where these sell at? I was right that these were a bit high in price at 6.5/ea. but I was wrong in that I thought they would sell already and never get as low as they are now at $4.45/ea.

My prediction is that these sell at $4/ea. which is $4,400.

What we really want to know is... how much did you bank from the Sunsets!!! Did you buy a new house yet!!! Pron please!! :wow:

I would totally take some BJs from you guys.
I'm a little disappointed that it two to minutes for this to be quoted in the out-of-context thread.

Kudos to @RichMahogany for being on duty at 130 AM ET, however. Good to know West coast PCFers can't sneak by posts while there East coast sleeps.

I’m still waiting to hear if Sunrise Beach chips will be Bud Jones or B&G and whether they are going to be 39mm or 43mm. Could impact my decision to buy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom