p5woody's weekly health update (1 Viewer)

Golf was good, walked 18 and felt good. I am not a good golfer, shot a 95 not too bad for first time out since September.

That's a better score than I get normally. Then again, I judge my game on the number of golf balls I find while searching for mine...

Week 12 - The Journey continues - improved my mile time slightly - down to 8:25, stationary bike is up to 1hr/23.6 miles/level 6, and I lost another 2 pounds (212) for a total of 30 pounds so far. Played golf walking 18 holes and carried my clubs, and felt good at the end. I shot a 95 which is okay for me, first time swinging a club since September. My sugar has been down around 90, last night 2 hours after eating a sub it was 91. My blood work came back and I am now passing all the test. Cholesterol, sugar, triglycerides, blood pressure, etc. are all in the normal range. Doctor indicated if I continue this path I might be able to get off medication, that is my long term goal. Next week will be 3 months.

Week 13 (3 months) - Looking back, I am amazed at how things have changed in 3 months. At my 3 month weigh-in I am down 33 pounds and have gone from failing all test to passing all test. Glucose is under control and I am feeling good. Played golf again (shot a 94) - walked 18 holes carrying clubs yesterday and could have walked another 18 easily. Last year I could not walk 18, was tired after riding 18, and was having back pain. Thanks for all the support, having this thread has helped me a great deal. It has kept me on track, another 9 pounds and I will have completed all of my current goals.

Goal: Glucose in range - Weight 220 - 1 mile under 11:00
actual: Glucose in range - Weight 209 - 1 mile 8:25

Congratz to you,
this thread makes me willing doing more sport soon, I'll try to :)

Week 14 - I knew it was going to happen, just wasn't sure when, I had my first setback this week. Everything was going along good was down another 3 pounds on Thursday and then I went home to see my parents for the 4th of July. It all fell apart, gained the 3 pounds back I lost during the week plus 3 more on top of it so I am back to 212 this morning. I love my parents dearly but they don't believe in salad or anything low fat. I could not resist good old fashion down home on the farm cooking (yes I was raised on a farm). I am back home now and I am ready to get myself back on the program, stationary bike is ready and waiting. I opened a sample set for motivation this morning and now I am ready to rock and roll.

Week 15 - Back on track this week. I am down 6 pounds this week, I lost the 3 I gained last week and I am now down to 206 for a total weight loss of 36 pounds. I stepped up my workouts and refocused on eating correctly this week and it paid off. My mile time is down to 7:52 and I maxed out my riding at 1hr/24.6 miles/ level 6.

Week 16 - Another week complete! 4 pounds lighter this week, I am down to 202 for a total weight loss of 40 pounds. 2 more pounds and I will have met my goal. I have been working out twice a day. My mile time is down to 7:45, glucose reading have been in the low 90's even after meals, I increased my riding level/resistance from 6 to 8. I walked 18 again yesterday, played well (for me) shot an 87. I turn 46 next Friday and I am hoping to hit the 200 mark.

Week 17 (4 months) - I was hoping to have a celebration this week but it just wasn't in the cards this week. I had another setback, last week we had a tree fall during a storm and it was hanging over our storage shed. I cut down the tree without destroying my shed and trimmed the brush along the back of my property. I thought everything was good until I started breaking out with a rash. It looked like I decided to lay down and roll naked in a patch of poison ivy. Long story short, I ended up at the hospital on Monday with half my body covered in a nasty oozing rash. Medicine has helped but I have not been able to workout this week, hoping to start back up next week. So officially I am at 204 this week, still ahead of my 4 month goals.

Start: Glucose 269, weight 242, not able to run a mile

monthly goals complete:
month 1 - Glucose 115 Weight 232 Run a mile any time - passed
month 2 - Glucose 98 Weight 220 Run a mile 8:45 - passed
month 3 - Glucose "good" Weight 209 Run a mile 8:25 - passed
month 4 - Glucose "good" Weight 204 Run a mile 7:45 - passed
progress.gif

Last edited:
Ouch! Hope that the rash clear up quickly. The monthly goals you have achieved are impressive, and you should be very proud of what you've accomplished to date. Well done!

Dave

Poison sucks! I used to have a lawncare company so I understand where your coming from. Keep up the good work!

Good job man!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3.

Looks like I am going to be joining this whole "healthy revolution". After a kidney stone, and now a gall bladder attack, the last month or so have been a challenge. I think I might have to follow Woody's example.

Keep at it, sir, you have inspired at least one of us.

Looks like I am going to be joining this whole "healthy revolution". After a kidney stone, and now a gall bladder attack, the last month or so have been a challenge. I think I might have to follow Woody's example.

Keep at it, sir, you have inspired at least one of us.

Good Luck, If I can do it so can you, the hardest part is getting started!

Week 18 - This has been an up and down week. First the down, I had an allergic reaction to my medication. I was covered in hives from my neck down, let me tell you this was not fun. Not sure which was worse the poison ivy or the allergic reaction. Needless to say I ended up back at the doctors, hives are almost gone now, I am thinking about restarting my workouts in a couple of days if I continue to improve. Now the good news, I officially weighed in at 200 pounds this morning. I have now completed all my goals, so I am going to try to lose 10 more. In the long run if things continue to go well I think 180 is a realistic final weight for me. Thanks for all the support and putting up with my weekly ramblings, it has really helped keep me on track.

Week 19 - I am back on track this week, I was able to start working out again and my sugar is getting back to normal. One of the side effects of the medicine was elevated sugar levels, I was able to keep it under 165 so not bad considering where I started (269) back in March. This morning my sugar level was back down to 98, it has been going down each day since finishing the medicine. I went to the track for the first time in about 3 weeks and it felt good. I weighed in at 197 (officially down 45 pounds since march) and I am feeling good for the first time in a few weeks.

Week 19 - I am back on track this week, I was able to start working out again and my sugar is getting back to normal. One of the side effects of the medicine was elevated sugar levels, I was able to keep it under 165 so not bad considering where I started (269) back in March. This morning my sugar level was back down to 98, it has been going down each day since finishing the medicine. I went to the track for the first time in about 3 weeks and it felt good. I weighed in at 197 (officially down 45 pounds since march) and I am feeling good for the first time in a few weeks.

These are excellent news !

I'm moving next week, and will live at 5 minutes (by foot) from work.

I intend to run as often as possible, (morning before going to work)
as you said, woody, the hardest part will getting started the first days.

These are excellent news !

I'm moving next week, and will live at 5 minutes (by foot) from work.

I intend to run as often as possible, (morning before going to work)
as you said, woody, the hardest part will getting started the first days.

Good Luck! start slow and work your way up.

Week 21 - Oops! missed posting last week life got busy but my 6 month journey continues. I have been working on my conditioning getting back to where I was before my setback with Poison Ivy. I am back up to 1hr/25.3 miles/level 6 on the exercise bike, Ran 1 mile in 7:45 yesterday, my sugar is was down in the 70's for the first time this week and my official weigh in yesterday I was 194 (total of 48 pounds).

Keep up the great work! I been slacking off the last month.

That's awesome. I last weighed under 200lbs in high school. Unfortunately, my weight is now around where you started...a recent trip to Belgium didn't help (wonderful beer, though). I see a return to the WeightWatchers points program soon...

Week 22 (5 months) - WOW, it has been 5 months and I have come a long way. I passed all goals - Official weigh in this morning I was 191, glucose 78, and my mile time was 7:27 last night. My stationary bike workout was up to 1 hr/26 miles/level 6, so I bumped it up to level 8 and I was able to do 1 hr/ 25.4 miles/level 8. Looking back 5 months, it has been a major transformation and I feel 100% better, no more chest pains, more energy, etc.

Start: Glucose 269, weight 242, not able to run a mile

monthly goals complete:
month 1 - Glucose 115 Weight 232 Run a mile any time - passed
month 2 - Glucose 98 Weight 220 Run a mile 8:45 - passed
month 3 - Glucose "good" Weight 209 Run a mile 8:25 - passed
month 4 - Glucose "good" Weight 204 Run a mile 7:45 - passed
month 5 - Glucose "good" Weight 191 Run a mile 7:27 - passed

Great job man! I need to get myself in check. It's tough when I work OT....16 hrs shifts are a killer! Everyone orders out!

Week 24 - I am nearing the end of my 6 month journey. My weight has held steady the last two weeks at 191, my lowest glucose reading was 71, stationary bike 1hr/26.6 miles/level 6 and my mile time this morning was 7:18. This Morning I ran 3 miles with one walking lap in between each mile, 1st mile was 7:18, 2nd mile was 9:02 and the 3rd mile was 8:21. I went back to the doctor and everything is looking good just waiting for lab results. My blood pressure was 118/68.

Week 25 - Just a quick update, official weigh in this morning 187 for a total of 55 pounds since march and 65 pounds overall. Glucose readings are staying steady right around 90 all week, right where I want them to be. Continuing to workout and count my carbs. One more week then I will need to work on my long term plan to stay healthy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom