Hitmen Poker coming to the U.K.! (2 Viewers)

Mesnik44

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
It's about time I head back to the U.K. I've not been back for a long time. My wife, daughter and I are coming to invade March17th-ish to April 5th-ish 2024. We are going to land at LHR and spend a couple days with family in Portsmouth, then take the train up to Edinburgh where we will spend the next 2 weeks around Scotland. I am wanting to visit Edinburgh (Royal Mile, Castle, etc), Falkirk, Bannockburn, Stirling, St. Andrews, Aberdeen, Oban, Ft.William, Mallaig, Glasgow, Orkney's, etc. I'd LOVE to pop in and play 1 or 2 nights of poker if at all possible. Do any of you Scottish folks, have ideas of what I NEED to see? What to avoid? Is it worth renting a car for 2 weeks while I'm there or can I train everywhere? More questions to be asked later! TIA!

I have a kilt. I was married in it :)
I have a kilt. I was drunk in it :LOL: :laugh:
(After two premium testing tours and an additional home made one with the bottles bought at the distilleries :p)

Yes. But the kilts are bloody heavy, and you tend to sweat. You have to ventilate to cool down, so a lot of us sway :(

IMG_7861.jpeg

Made it to Bannockburn and Stirling.

Visited my family plot at the Cemetery. Still unnerving to see your own name on a headstone not once, but TWICE!
1711127977408.jpeg

The wreath represents Canada to the west, and Scotland to the east. I think my grandfather on the bottom of the headstone would have appreciated it.

Made it to Bannockburn and Stirling.

Visited my family plot at the Cemetery. Still unnerving to see your own name on a headstone not once, but TWICE!
View attachment 1297306
The wreath represents Canada to the west, and Scotland to the east. I think my grandfather on the bottom of the headstone would have appreciated it.
That’s a nice touch mate.

That’s a nice touch mate.
Thanks!

I am so very sorry to say this, but I've become an expert at it. I have had to bury enough people to last 10 lifetimes. I also do a special wreath for my niece who was stillborn Christmas eve 19 years ago. I go every year with a wreath that adds one more rose. I will continue to do so until the day I die.

If you’re into art then go to Kelvingrove Gallery.

If you’re into sport do a tour of Celtic Park.

If you like Batman then go to George Square and the Necropolis. About 5 Batman movies have been filmed in Glasgow.

If you’re into fashion go to Buchanan Street.

If you’re into old trains and cars go to Transport museum.

If you want to have a whisky and a pub lunch go to the Bon Accord.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom