Origin of your Username (7 Viewers)

manamongkids

Full House
Reaction score
I don't think this thread exists, but if it does, please delete.

Some usernames are self explanatory IE. JButler. Some are not, like mine.

MAN AMONG KIDS originated from an XBox Gamertag I made 11 years ago when I was a freshman in college. I played entirely way too much Call of Duty my freshman and sophomore years. I got started on a dorm-mates XBox 360, then I got my own at the end of first semester of Freshman year for Christmas.

I was used to playing with very squeaky kids ages like 10-15, and since I thought I was much older, I gave myself the name Man Among Kids. Just enough allowable characters for gamertags.

That's it. No grand story.

I've actually met some really cool people via XBox and those who are close to me online call me MAK, for short.

So I welcome PCF goers to call me MAK as well. :p

yeah as you said, there's not a lot of backstory to mine. it was the prefix of the email address i was assigned in college and it has become my default username for most purposes.

there was something funky about the sign-up process on chiptalk (or at least my comprehension of it) and i entered it thinking i could later enter a screen name. i ended up being stuck with jbutler16 and then when i moved over here, i just kept it for ease of interaction since there were a lot of CTers migrating at the time.

I've had Guinness as my email/screen since 1995. I'm irish'ish, have always professed Guinness as my favorite beer, I've been to the Guinness plant/tour in Dublin, I just love Guinness and all its glory. Even though IPA's have been my mistress for the last 10 years, I'll only marry Guinness. She's black, she's bitter and she creams at the right time. Just like the girl I lost my virginity to.

I've had Guinness as my email/screen since 1995. I'm irish'ish, have always professed Guinness as my favorite beer, I've been to the Guinness plant/tour in Dublin, I just love Guinness and all its glory. Even though IPA's have been my mistress for the last 10 years, I'll only marry Guinness. She's black, she's bitter and she creams at the right time. Just like the girl I lost my virginity to.

When I drank a lot of PBR dollar drafts in college, I thought those beers shits were bad. Then I drank guinness for a st paddys day party a year after graduating. Guinness beer shits take the cake as the most disgusting, vile thing on earth.

My name also is rooted in my college days.

I grew up on a farm outside a small town in north central Kansas, graduated with 13 kids in my class in 96. Went off to the University of Kansas, the self proclaimed social "melting pot" of the plains, however not many "cowboys". I dressed for the most part in wranglers and button up shirts, and wore a black cowboy hat a fair amount of the time. I would also get a little wound (sometimes a lot) up when I started drinking. Thus my friends started calling me Rowdy, for several weeks behind my back before they told me to my face. The fact that there 4 Aaron's on my dormitory floor perhaps contributed to it as well, as we all ended up with nicknames before the first semester was over. I was actually given a wallet for a Christmas present by several close friends that had "ROWDY" monogrammed on the inside of it.

They later added Rawhide to it after learning that one of my favorite actors is Clint Eastwood and tying it in with the series Rawhide in which he was a character.

My family (immediate and extended) and high school friends have now adopted this name for me as well, I get called by Rowdy more than I get called by Aaron nowadays. I am on several online forums that I use RowdyRawhide because many times Rowdy alone has already been taken.

yeah as you said, there's not a lot of backstory to mine. it was the prefix of the email address i was assigned in college and it has become my default username for most purposes.

there was something funky about the sign-up process on chiptalk (or at least my comprehension of it) and i entered it thinking i could later enter a screen name. i ended up being stuck with jbutler16 and then when i moved over here, i just kept it for ease of interaction since there were a lot of CTers migrating at the time.

Dropping the 16 has probably caused unending confusion though.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I have a gluten allergy, and grabbed a supermarket rotisserie chicken on my way to an underground game one day. The host always served pizza. When the local CTers met the local underground crew, the name migrated and stuck in a broader circle. I decided there was no escape, and embraced it. It could have been much worse.

Dropping the 16 has probably caused unending confusion though.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I have a gluten allergy, and grabbed a supermarket rotisserie chicken on my way to an underground game one day. The host always served pizza. When the local CTers met the local underground crew, the name migrated and stuck in a broader circle. I decided there was no escape, and embraced it. It could have been much worse.

I have a gluttony allergy

Ali Nejad called someone Nitzilla on the Poker Road Radio show (circa 2008?) and I thought it was funny, so I stole it...wish I was more original, but I'm horrible with names

I screwed mine up after a few drinks, and hate that it makes me look dumb but it's kind of said that way by some the guys. It was late and I was looking to get into the Rounder's sample buy after missing out on the Boulevard's. But that's a different story for a different thread. It's after a four card draw guts game with fours being wild that I've been playing with a group of guys for almost 20 years now. They call it 44. If any degen's want to know the rules I can post later.

I screwed mine up after a few drinks, and hate that it makes me look dumb but it's kind of said that way by some the guys. It was late and I was looking to get into the Rounder's sample buy after missing out on the Boulevard's. But that's a different story for a different thread. It's after a four card draw guts game with fours being wild that I've been playing with a group of guys for almost 20 years now. They call it 44. If any degen's want to know the rules I can post later.

yes please on the rules...

People who are really into Jimmy Buffetts music are called Parrotheads. I also have a couple of parrots. I don't know why I didn't just put Parrothead down I guess I thought it would be taken. I added MZ to the end cause it's my name Matt Z.

We call it 444...
Everyone gets dealt 4 cards after the antes are added, 4s are wild, no straights/flushes, everyone holds the cards in front of them, dealer counts to 3 (or 4) and if you are "in" you hold the cards, if you are "out" you drop them.
Anyone that stayed in then gets to draw 1-4 cards and the best hand wins, 4 natural 4s top anything else, 2 pairs count (but are usually beat). All of the players who stayed in but lose have to match the pot.....so even a 25 cent ante game can get into ~$100 pots very quickly......
If only one person stays in, they have to have a natural pair otherwise it's a "push" and they re-deal, if they have a natural pair, they have to beat a "house hand" that the rest of the group can play against the one player. If the one player loses to the house hand, they only have to add $5 or match the pot whichever is cheaper....

That's how we play at least..... :)

nitzilla

Nit is very close to how we play. We have always done $1 antes. We go around the table and say if you're in or out, being the dealer has it's advantage/disadvantage (the group likes the pot to stay alive) but you could be down to the cutoff with no "in's". We play you need an A or a 4 to draw 3, max draw is 3. But my opinion is if you want to stay in with any one card that is your choice and often guys follow that logic. We have played straight flushes but not too often, just one of the rules we change up to spice up the game. But otherwise nit has it loser(s) match the pot winner rakes it in and everyone but the loser(s) re-ante.

Make sense? Or is there something I need to clarify?

I got the name Bergs because I take a yearly cruise with my family to Arctic and I'm obsessed with icebergs. I usually hang out on the deck getting hammered off Black & Tans or Crown & Gingers watching the icebergs float by. It's remarkable when you think about it - only 5-10% of the iceberg is visible. Amazing. Wonderful. Much like me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom