Origin of your Username (1 Viewer)

I generally use my kids' names for usernames and other related stuff.
When the time came to sign up it was my son's turn to have his name used

I used TTEMD at the other site because that was my PS login; decided to keep it simple this time around

I am a pilot for Southwest Airlines and have been lucky enough to be with this company since 1994. The name Redbelly comes from what our Southwest jets are often referred to in the industry due to most of our airplanes being painted with red under bellies.

I also have two teenage boys and ever since Xbox came out with their launch game Halo, we have enjoyed countless hours playing that game, among many others, together. When playing online you have to have a "gamer tag" and the online gaming community can get pretty creative and a bit over the top in name selections. I didn't want to disappoint either them or my boys and chose "Redbelly Skygod". All in jest I assure!!! When I first joined CT I knew my chip label would be “Redbelly Poker Room” and simply chose Redbelly.:cool: Very glad I was able to carry it over to PCF too!
photo.jpeg

I think berg folded too. Nits.

We both folded. When Jack folded I thought "Well, if that goddamn nit thinks he's no good with what's probably 2nd nuts, these 4th nuts can't be any good". Actually, Courage is pretty aggro, for someone that's a thousand years old.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Dang. And all this time I assumed it meant you had excellent taste in beer...

ad31501courage.jpg

Factually, this is correct. Courage is best when he's bitter.

In the earliest days of ARPAnet and the Internet, when everyone on the nets was listed in a printed directory less than a half-inch thick, I had access from work at MITRE Corp. When USEnet began, postings from the work email address to groups like alt.poker and alt.tennis were a bad idea, so as my 8-letter ghost name I chose the bastardized spelling pltrgyst.

Later, when I got net access from home, then again limited to 8 characters, I similarly chose entrpoop, adapted from Cutter John's wheelchair, aka the "Starship Enterpoop", in Bloom County.

And, of course, I own those two .com domains for various nefarious purposes...

It means "go forward 10 [units]" -- it's from tic by tic analyses of a Doom demonstration file; one of my tics was simply “gf10”.

If they had one, I'd be on it. :cool:

Instead, I'm stuck on GeezerNet.

You used arpanet! My networking instructor was there when they turned it on... and there when they turned it off... that's some history there.

Early days of online poker, think it was paradise poker maybe? Looking for a bad ass sounding name... Whatever, still played like a donkey. Plus I just generally didn't care for people... I'm a much happier person these days... Still don't care for the general population of earth admittedly...

Looking to add an avatar, anyone have a shot of the avatar I had at chiptalk right before I was banned... like ten years ago. Think it was the sparkly pretty pony one, been searching old pics... Can't find it,

I was playing in a tournament one time, and I kept getting K9 and winning with it. One of the villains who I beat several times with this hand said "you are the K9 doctor."

Oh, and I'm a veterinarian too. :rolleyes:

Early days of online poker, think it was paradise poker maybe? Looking for a bad ass sounding name... Whatever, still played like a donkey. Plus I just generally didn't care for people... I'm a much happier person these days... Still don't care for the general population of earth admittedly...

Looking to add an avatar, anyone have a shot of the avatar I had at chiptalk right before I was banned... like ten years ago. Think it was the sparkly pretty pony one, been searching old pics... Can't find it,

EVIL IN THE HIZZY!!!! 'Sup brah?

I've got it - I'll send it tomorrow. It was created by committee - one of the few things in the course of human history that was actually better after a committee worked on it.

Contrary to popular belief, I am from Ohio but my name is not Ron. A number of years ago when getting back in to online poker on USA friendly sites I found the name I wanted to use was always taken so I used its semordnilap. I've come to love it and use it for everything now

Contrary to popular belief, I am from Ohio but my name is not Ron. A number of years ago when getting back in to online poker on USA friendly sites I found the name I wanted to use was always taken so I used its semordnilap. I've come to love it and use it for everything now
Huh...and I was thinking more along the lines of Scooby Doo saying oh no... ;)

I had been reading a lot of Japanese swordsmanship books (years ago) after reading some warrior philosophy and The Art of War. I learned that sometimes people in ancient Japan would word hidden/secret sword technique's titles in such a way that the title alone would remind those who knew it's true meaning of what it stood for; while the wording would simultaneously hide it's true meaning from the uninitiated. I looked into it and found out that several children are named with such double sounding words that may have hidden meanings in Japan (sometimes spelled with Chinese characters). So I wanted to think of my own. Admittedly, Psy isn't really a prefix for mind; I think that would be psych. No one has seemed to have any trouble interpreting it though. Obviously Lens means what you look through. So, since I don't talk at any table online and rarely at a live table ( for the first hour or so ) PsyLens was born. quiet/mind reader ... or something like that.

That would only be true if ronoh was an actual word. Simply reversing a word's spelling does not make it a semordnilap, which is defined as a word which spelled backwards spells another word.

That would only be true if ronoh was an actual word. Simply reversing a word's spelling does not make it a semordnilap, which is defined as a word which spelled backwards spells another word.
I was just going off of wikipedia which says that semordnilaps are also word reversals.

Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, didn't you?

Hannah is a palindrome.

(Amazing the shit you remember from grade school, eh???)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom