Origin of your Username (1 Viewer)

Mine is a footbag (hacky sack) reference. In footbag freestyle, any time your leg goes around the bag, it's called a "dexterity" or "dex" for short. If your leg goes around it twice, it's a "double dexterity." I shortened it to "DubleDex" and, as it turns out, this is not a handle used anywhere by anyone else ... so I have a consistent name across forums and groups.

If you want to see some really good footbag freestyle (in slow motion so it's actually understandable ... hard to keep up at full speed if you've never seen it before), watch this:

* This is NOT me. I am nowhere near this good.

mine was randomly generated back in the early 2000's by the GameSpy name-anator program when I started playing COD multiplayer. I was never good at coming up with a catchy user name....

CPAC is a Canadian cable channel, which broadcasts proceedings of the House of Commons, Parliamentary and Senate meetings, and everything else to do with Canadian politics.

Waaay back in High School I was particularly good at political science, so much so that one of my classmates remarked out loud in class, "Jeez man, what do you do in your free time, just watch cpac?!?" (I didn't for the record), and from that day on, classmates started calling me, "cpac" and it just kind of stuck.

As for the 54 at the end, it was a random number thrown on there when signing up for my very first hotmail email account back in the day, and I've kind of just used the combination ever since! :)

Jordan Downs is the name of a Housing Projects in Watts CA where I worked for years. I use it as my screen name for every profile online.

Krakos was the name of an Orc i played 10 years ago in a role play game called Ideo. There is a word game in french wich means "break a bone"
People used to confound it with Kratos from the video game : God of war.

Rebelwork Woodworking- A rebellious woodworker from the deep south. Also know as BilyJack..

Attachments

• downloadfile-3.jpg
    downloadfile-3.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 135
I need a name for when I was on college radio (then later commercial radio) and I couldn’t use much my other nickname. My best friends was Seth and another friend was Rich in the movie From Dusk TIL Dawn they a GECKO brothers are Seth and Rich. So since 2000 I’ve been Sean Gecko.

I lived in Ames, IA for 7 years after HS, moved but still employed there.

Amesanite.... a resident of Ames

Grew up watching the Minnesota Twins play on Astroturf in the Metrodome. Apparently when an outfielder would slide trying to catch a ball, he would experience an unpleasant sensation that the broadcast announcers would like to call "Astroturf burn." Figured I'd just shorten that to astroburn.

I don't think this thread exists, but if it does, please delete.

Some usernames are self explanatory IE. JButler. Some are not, like mine.

MAN AMONG KIDS originated from an XBox Gamertag I made 11 years ago when I was a freshman in college. I played entirely way too much Call of Duty my freshman and sophomore years. I got started on a dorm-mates XBox 360, then I got my own at the end of first semester of Freshman year for Christmas.

I was used to playing with very squeaky kids ages like 10-15, and since I thought I was much older, I gave myself the name Man Among Kids. Just enough allowable characters for gamertags.

That's it. No grand story.

I've actually met some really cool people via XBox and those who are close to me online call me MAK, for short.

So I welcome PCF goers to call me MAK as well. :p
Good to meet you, Mak. I chose SiouxperStack because I grew up in Grand Forks, ND and I'm a die hard UND hockey fan (Fighting Sioux) and I enjoy superstack tournaments.

At the time I adopted the handle, Facebook was still fresh (your wall was literally a textbox).

First comment was from my friend in high school that went to a different college that I hadn't seen in three years:

"What the hell?! Last I saw you, you were a communist failing calculus and now you're a math major with moderate political views?!"

I use the handle "Eastwik" in honor of the four guys I am best friends with from high school. We jokingly called ourselves the "East Wickham Posse" back then. We all lived in the same neighborhood growing up (three of us on Wickham Way on the east side of our town). We still stay in constant contact today. Even more so now that we lost our brother Kyle (bottom right) last week to his battle with cancer.

I love these guys with all my heart.

(I'm in the middle)

Eastwik.jpg

I love me some Panic! Phish head myself, but have seen Panic a handful of times and really dig their music
Nice! I've seen Panic a dozen or so times. Saw Phish about 150 times in my younger years. I still like to see them once a year or so when they come around. But I prefer the couch tour these days.

I Guess if I'm posting in this thread I should explain my username.... I started using it years ago when I only had one kid. My first boys name is Rowan. My wife's name is Colleen. Mine is Tavis. Put them all together...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom