SOLD [Orders Closed] (Fall '22): Oval and Rectangle Table Toppers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @rjdev7 do you know if there’s any plans to bring back the PCF 70x35 rectangular topper in a future group buy? Seems like there’s demand as they usually sell within minutes of being posted in classifieds. I’m drooling whenever I see members show their chips on that topper. I would’ve jumped on this group buy but the 74” length would overhang my table. The 70x35 fits my dining table perfectly. Thanks

Hi @rjdev7 do you know if there’s any plans to bring back the PCF 70x35 rectangular topper in a future group buy? Seems like there’s demand as they usually sell within minutes of being posted in classifieds. I’m drooling whenever I see members show their chips on that topper. I would’ve jumped on this group buy but the 74” length would overhang my table. The 70x35 fits my dining table perfectly. Thanks
You’ll have to ask @Tommy about those as they’re his design. Sorry!

Update: mats are expected to ship from China mid-October. Some of you were asking about the likelihood of having these by Christmas. They're definitely going to be here by then. I fully expect to receive them before Thanksgiving and hope to re-ship them as well. I'll continue to keep you updated as I hear more.

In other news, as I've told some of you, I'm waiting on samples *tomorrow* from a new vendor who is able to produce toppers and ship directly to buyers. In this case, I ordered the samples two weeks ago so their quote of ~ 2 week production + delivery seems spot on. If those mats are of comparable quality, I hope to be able to start offering a service to provide toppers with a far quicker turnaround vs. requiring these large group buys. More details to come.

Ryan

No new update on the bulk order. Still expecting a shipment confirmation from China mid-month.

Update on the new vendor I'm speaking with: I received the two samples that I ordered.
Positives:
  1. Quality Control:
    a. Print quality is outstanding; No defects to speak of. Definitely on par with the current vendor from China, if not slightly better.
    b. Measurements were spot on (73.5" x 31.5") and fit the Barrington table perfectly.
    c. The mats lie perfectly flat. There were no wrinkles to speak of upon receiving them.
  2. Surface is identical to the other vendor's product. The cards slide very well, but not too slippery.
  3. Production + shipping for two toppers was exactly 2 weeks as expected
Negatives:
  1. The mat thickness they offer is half that of the vendor from China. For those of you using these on your Barrington topper, you wouldn't really notice the difference since you already have padding on the table underneath. For everyone else (e.g. playing on a table top like a dining table) I do think there would be a significant difference.
  2. (My mistake) While the vendor offers sewn edges, I forgot to ask for them so these did not have them.
Verdict: I will continue to negotiate and see if they can supply thicker stock for the toppers, because they're not a replacement for what we'll receive from the vendor in China.

Photos of the samples I received to illustrate their print quality:

1665160571726.png

1665160578959.png
1665160587978.png

1665160596459.png

Yes, it does. Assuming I can get them to make them thicker.
For those of us with Barrington tables who don't necessarily need thicker mats, if they can't offer the thicker stock could we still potentially explore this vendor?

For those of us with Barrington tables who don't necessarily need thicker mats, if they can't offer the thicker stock could we still potentially explore this vendor?
Yes. I'll be posting a new thread soon so you can all start placing orders for 2mm thick mats. I'll continue to try and push on them to get thicker stock.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of shots of the thin toppers I got in my barrington sized custom table (without the legs on -- I promise we don't play on the ground lol)
I actually think I oddly prefer the non edge stitched mat bc if any of the edges of your mat show on the table, it's less obvious that it's a topper.
1665590209315.png

1665590259864.png

1665590290007.png
1665590434770.png

Of course I join PCF and start looking for a quality table topper as soon as this order closed, drat! :cry:

Any idea how long it'll be until the next order? Definitely interested in at least one. I'm looking for a mat that's thicker to cover my dining table as a backup/second table for now when my tourneys are that large.

Is that new vendor US based, or still coming from China?

Of course I join PCF and start looking for a quality table topper as soon as this order closed, drat! :cry:

Any idea how long it'll be until the next order? Definitely interested in at least one. I'm looking for a mat that's thicker to cover my dining table as a backup/second table for now when my tourneys are that large.

Is that new vendor US based, or still coming from China?
New vendor ships to the US in 2-3 weeks time. The thicker mats come from China, and have more like a 3 month lead time and a min order quantity. I'll probably start taking more orders for another bulk run before the New Year, but folks can start placing orders for thinner mats sooner than that (hoping < 1 month from now)

New vendor ships to the US in 2-3 weeks time. The thicker mats come from China, and have more like a 3 month lead time and a min order quantity. I'll probably start taking more orders for another bulk run before the New Year, but folks can start placing orders for thinner mats sooner than that (hoping < 1 month from now)
Being newer here, what's the best way to know when another bulk order happens, or even just to place an order for the thinner mats?

Hey man what did you think of the quality of the new vendor mats compared to the prior orders?

The quality is the same if not better, they’re just 2mm vs 4mm thick mats.
Don't want to get ahead of your thread but, any idea on where prices would be comparable with the previous orders.

Oh hey also... When we get these sweet mays we ordered lol I can't remember and we just picked up a 1200 set of jack cincys we gotta get into play lol

Don't want to get ahead of your thread but, any idea on where prices would be comparable with the previous orders.

Oh hey also... When we get these sweet mays we ordered lol I can't remember and we just picked up a 1200 set of jack cincys we gotta get into play lol
Not sure yet sorry.

Still waiting to hear about shipping. I was told mid October so I will reach back out next week.

Definitely want to get in on the next order for a Dia De los Muertos, Oval Barrington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom